Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Merged]sex 'superbug' could be worse than AIDS

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 May 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Live fast die young, leave a good looking corpse :D

Nah seriously to me that sounds like "existing" not "living". The world is filled with amazing wonders, I want to experience as many as I can while I have the chance. I would think that life without sex, but all these amazingly beautiful females on earth, would be more like a living hell to me. Like gagging and chaining a starving Ethiopian person in the middle of a busy US Maccas or KFC. At Dinnertime.
You know, this business of living to experience the world's wonders kinda leaves me high and dry.  If been through dozens of museums and galleries, been to at least a hundred concerts, seen lots of mountains and estuaries and cities and forests and what have you.  It soon becomes "been there, done that."

I think the main reason I want to continue living is curiosity about what the physicists and astronomers are going to find.  There is also of course how the world will turn out, since I think we are approaching turning the earth into a very nice place for everyone, and I'd like to see that.

#32    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 May 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

~snip  The point is never to use one twice.

:rofl:

you mean turn a used one inside out for a second run ?

:lol:
tt2.gif

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#33    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

Just throw it away.  You run into this in poorer countries.

#34    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

but wouldn't that add to the non degradable pollution problems ?

what if its washed first ? :w00t:

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

The probem is breakage.  Washing them is not going to help and may make a break more likely.  What is your problem?  You just trying to get under my skin?

#36    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 May 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

The probem is breakage.  Washing them is not going to help and may make a break more likely.  What is your problem?  You just trying to get under my skin?

Awww g'wan Frank ... you've been uptight for a while now ... loosen up ...

I was just joshing with you ... rib poke wink wink ... savvy ?

:tu:

'

#37    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm currently in Phuket, Thailand. Any night you walk through the main party club areas you will have at least a dozen girls come up to you asking if they can come back to your room (prostitutes). From what I hear, STDs are rampant, plus the ammount of people that come here from all over the globe for that reason is a bit scary.

I'm not sure if I should say this but a mate of mine brought a working girl back to his room. While he was 'with her', his condom broke.  I can't imagine the stress he would be going through at the moment.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#38    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 01 May 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Or maybe just wear a condom?
try telling that to the pope!!
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#39    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostHilander, on 03 May 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Better be careful and choosy.
choosy??
some of ugly gits can't afford to be choosy!!
even 'breathing' isn't a prerequisite anymore!
as long as they don't smell too ripe, or the flies haven't got there first, i'm game.....
;-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#40    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

celibacy is the best, if least fun, policy.
  however something about the story rings as either untrue or unexplained to my ears .  If this STD  kills in a matter of days  it would not have time to spread  even in the sex industry if it kills that fast. how long would it take before there would be no one left who was infected  to spread it, it's not like the flu  there has to be  contact to spread it

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 06 May 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#41    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

I try not to be pushy about it because I think no two people are the same, but I've been celibate for over 15 years now and am doing fine.  It's like being a vegetarian.  At first you miss meat but the less you get the less you want.

A lot of course has to do with age; young people should not be expected to be celibate, nor even monogamous.  It ain't natural.  Later one finds a life partner -- and at least in my case since her passing I have not really wanted to go through the rigamarole again and am seriously deterred by her memory (this might be defined as a psychological problem, but it suits me).

Various forms of flu percolating in China at the moment scare me the most, and they are spread in the air.  Everything we do -- not just have sex -- spreads disease it seems, including breathing.

#42    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I would also like to say something about Thailand and Asia.  The Thais have a modesty about them, and they also have a sex industry that is at times even pushy.  The contrast between the two is amazing; all I would say is there is much to be said for Thailand over and beyond its tolerance to the professional sex, and you won't even notice it unless you go to certain places.  Would that most countries were as mature.

#43    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

D'mannose (cranberry extract) has always helped me with chronic uti's, but this sounds like something a little bit different. Also, there's many findings about new techniques and therapy to combat antibiotic resistant bacteria. A sea sponge has been discovered that removes the resistant shielding on these superbugs so conventional antibiotics work again.

http://www.scienceda...90226110743.htm

Edited by WoIverine, 06 May 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#44    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

In Thailand a lot of guys think they're buying sex from the girls ... or worse, rent a little bit of love ... the girls think its a novel way to pick the pockets of dirty minded men, and buddha will and does understand. Straight from the mouth of the girls themselves.

I'm not one for prostitutes, but I do have friends that ply the trade. And yes, I have shared physically intimacy with a few, but I was never a 'customer'

'

#45    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,984 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Of course Buddha understands, but I don't think the girls always have quite such a negative view of their customers.  A lot depends on how the man treats them, how clean the man is, whether he does the appropriate "wye" to any religious figures, and so on.  Buddhism frowns on exploitive sex, but free trade is something else, and except for on monks Buddhists don't try to impose all sorts of moral rules on people.

There have been a few times when a customer provided me with a companion, and I didn't want to seem prudish or insult them so I accepted, later explaining my situation to the girl.  They've been delighted at the free money and very considerate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users