Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you are good or bad

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

If your good you cannot blame god.  If your bad you cannt blame satan.

You are good or bad all by yourself.  God, satan and everyone in your life can only influence you.  You are what you are all by yourself.

Tat was what the story of Job was about.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,129 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Well that depends what God or Satan had done.

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

When I read Job it seemed me a story about God bragging and Satan challenging Him so God shows off.  It also has some poetry telling Job it was none of Job's business as to why in spite of Job's faithfulness God should make him suffer.  It has a nice ending although Job's first wife and family are still dead.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,423 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad.  When I'm good I'm very good and when I'm bad I'm very bad.  I usually just blame someone.

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 01 May 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Well that depends what God or Satan had done.

That is part of the disagreement between god and satan.  Satan wanted to make us be good, and he wanted the glory to be his.  Christ said and god agreed that we should choose for ourselves.  With the glory going to god.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#6    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,473 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostHilander, on 01 May 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Sometimes I'm good and sometimes I'm bad.  When I'm good I'm very good and when I'm bad I'm very bad.  I usually just blame someone.
I've got a curl in the middle of my forehead. :innocent:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#7    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 May 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

You are good or bad all by yourself.  God, satan and everyone in your life can only influence you.
In my Christian religion, God is the only "good" reality, especially after the Fall of Man. Yes, Satan can lie all he wants, but apparently, his time is almost up, relatively speaking.

Peace.

#8    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 May 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

It has a nice ending although Job's first wife and family are still dead.
bet you a whole english pound you never get a job writing scripts in hollywood frank!!
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#9    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 04 May 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

In my Christian religion, God is the only "good" reality, especially after the Fall of Man. Yes, Satan can lie all he wants, but apparently, his time is almost up, relatively speaking.

Peace.

In a thousand years after the return of jesus, satan gets another shot at us.

God is the only perfect being.  But, if you read the gospels jesus tells time and time again that we can be as perfet as god.  Something along the lines of "go and be perfect as your father in heavon is."

So it seems god doesn't hod a patton on being good.

#10    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,229 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

View Postdanielost, on 04 May 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

In a thousand years after the return of jesus, satan gets another shot at us.

God is the only perfect being.  But, if you read the gospels jesus tells time and time again that we can be as perfet as god.  Something along the lines of "go and be perfect as your father in heavon is."

So it seems god doesn't hod a patton on being good.
"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

"Be perfect..." is not the same as the perfection of God, the "uncreated." Also, "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," according to Romans 3:23. Therefore, we need Jesus Christ to enter Heaven.

Peace.

#11    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,229 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

View Postdanielost, on 04 May 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

But, if you read the gospels jesus tells time and time again that we can be as perfet as god.  Something along the lines of "go and be perfect as your father in heavon is."
Hi again, danielost. Before I go to bed... In my personal belief in Jesus, Matthew 16:24-26 is the "twin" of Matthew 5:48.

It has nothing to do with our equal "status" or "spiritual dna" with God/Jesus. Both are commands to "prepare" ourselves to become His (spirit) servants or "slaves" (according to Paul, Romans 6:22). Think about it: a Christian's destination is the "spirit," whatever "spirit" really means. We are mostly in the dark when it comes to its nature, its reality, its capabilities, etc. On the other hand, Jesus has specific rules of conduct to hopefully detach our consciousness from our addiction to the flesh/material, all inclusive. It's not an easy task. "Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves..." Do you remember His conversation with the rich dilettante?

It does make me wonder what this New Earth is going to be about. A "holy" ghostly world, perhaps? In any case, every "spiritual" concepts will be defined by then, no doubt. As I have mentioned in one of the threads, the Bible is a manual for one's "spirit" to be an eternal servant (with total gratitude) because God/Jesus' presence is "love," itself. Who really doesn't want to be around that?? Keep in mind that Christians will also have a new mind one day.

God bless.

Edited by braveone2u, 04 May 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#12    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,129 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postdanielost, on 01 May 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

That is part of the disagreement between god and satan.  Satan wanted to make us be good, and he wanted the glory to be his.  Christ said and god agreed that we should choose for ourselves.  With the glory going to god.
Worship me or suffer isn't that much of an improvement.

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I know most Christians don't think this way, but the posts I've just read really make God weird -- all He seems to care about is this thing called "glory."  Frankly why should God give a damn?

#14    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,301 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

I like the OP's idea of taking responsibility for one's actions, instead of blaming some outside force. It's a smart way of being in the world, I think.

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 04 May 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hi again, danielost. Before I go to bed... In my personal belief in Jesus, Matthew 16:24-26 is the "twin" of Matthew 5:48.

It has nothing to do with our equal "status" or "spiritual dna" with God/Jesus. Both are commands to "prepare" ourselves to become His (spirit) servants or "slaves" (according to Paul, Romans 6:22). Think about it: a Christian's destination is the "spirit," whatever "spirit" really means. We are mostly in the dark when it comes to its nature, its reality, its capabilities, etc. On the other hand, Jesus has specific rules of conduct to hopefully detach our consciousness from our addiction to the flesh/material, all inclusive. It's not an easy task. "Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves..." Do you remember His conversation with the rich dilettante?

It does make me wonder what this New Earth is going to be about. A "holy" ghostly world, perhaps? In any case, every "spiritual" concepts will be defined by then, no doubt. As I have mentioned in one of the threads, the Bible is a manual for one's "spirit" to be an eternal servant (with total gratitude) because God/Jesus' presence is "love," itself. Who really doesn't want to be around that?? Keep in mind that Christians will also have a new mind one day.

God bless.

According to mormon teachings some of us will become gods, a few of us already have.  Such as abraham, and adam.  
Some of us will serve them as angels.  The rest will live on earth, either in new jerusalum, or scattered around the planet.
This idea ihs sorta put forward via christ's statment about god prearing mansons  for us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users