Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christopagan thread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Posteight bits, on 10 May 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Felix

Now that you and I have postponed the etymology of demons and fallen angels for another thread,  I reopen for general discussion here an aspect of the topic at hand. But first, let's review the situation to be clear about a few things.

Lba, post 1

If you think another member has broken the rules, then you call a moderator or administrator. If you think that falsely accusing me of "hijacking" the thread will will scare me off from discussing my thoughts about the OP's post 43, then you're a lousy judge of bullying targets.

Your views that Christianity lacks witchy elements is, in and of itself, a full warrant for rebuttal by any member of the site. I am a member here, and I rise to disagree with the point you made. You will not intimidate me into silence.

I am bullying targets? No, I was simply saying you turned a thread about Christopaganism into a thread about Demonology, and that we should discontinue the course we were on in hopes of having a separate thread for such a conversation.

Report you for what? You actually were contributing we just got off-track,

You read wrong, I said that i would AGREE that Christianity has many witchy things about it.. No mention of lacking witchy things at all..

As for the use of the word "Witch" I don't know when this started happening, but many pagans consider themselves "witches". I guess that happened due to the Church's making the word taboo and also making paganism taboo so they put two and two together?

You seem to be great at research would you mind researching how that happened? There might actually be something to the word itself that relates to the subject that I feel we should explore.

Edited by xFelix, 10 May 2013 - 09:43 PM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#62    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Well most people ,who have no affinity for pagan religions ,will snub it . It's a matter of perspective and what you truly understand about these religions .
I have studied and practiced three of the afrocarribean religions ,for decades now  but I do not initiate ,ans I alter my practices,because I cannot do animal sacrifice .
I fully understand the rationale and reasons sacrifice are performed .The reasons actually differ from religion to religion ,but it does not jive with my personal beliefs involving animals .
God ,the god ,has no problem with this really ,and it doesn't mean my prayers go unanswered.

And the popes,snub many things . I believe in abortion ,especially in cases of rape etc . So .....
Thanks Simbi! Long hair looks good on you.

#63    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostxFelix, on 10 May 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

For a Santero to be harsh on homosexuals they have to be harsh on a Saint named Logun Ede who was himself gay.
Some Santeros have actually shunned this saint, and decided to persecute homosexuality because of their syncretizing with Christianity.
Let it be known, that people who engage in these acts of hate are ignorant and homophobes, but in traditional faith this hatred towards homosexuality is NOT tolerated.  
Being gay is no worse than being a drug addict, or a gambler, or any other character flaws that others have, and those flaws are widely accepted.

Logun Ede - The Prince of the Orishas
Father: Inle
Mother: Oshun

No,I know this. There is also a flamboyant gay Ghede in voodoo ,and he is revered in New Orleans ,but this may have to do with Latino machismo that is prevalent in some geographical areas.
My friends are all live and let live ,but I've heard of certain sects of Santeria , Palo monte in my area as well  not only shun,but attack male homosexuals trying to initiate . Sad but true. All religions have their hypocrits ,is the sad reality .

Miss me?

#64    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostxFelix, on 10 May 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

I am bullying targets? No, I was simply saying you turned a thread about Christopaganism into a thread about Demonology, and that we should discontinue the course we were on in hopes of having a separate thread for such a conversation.

Report you for what? You actually were contributing we just got off-track,

You read wrong, I said that i would AGREE that Christianity has many witchy things about it.. No mention of lacking witchy things at all..

As for the use of the word "Witch" I don't know when this started happening, but many pagans consider themselves "witches". I guess that happened due to the Church's making the word taboo and also making paganism taboo so they put two and two together?

You seem to be great at research would you mind researching how that happened? There might actually be something to the word itself that relates to the subject that I feel we should explore.

Some peeps do not get what demons really are . I've explained it numerous times ,on many other threads .No one really grasps,or wants to understand the basics ,as they have preconceived notions because of hollywood movies .

Miss me?

#65    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,260 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:05 AM

We've had discussions about the word before here at UM. The bottom line is that the mid-Twentieth Century was the first time the word witch widely referred to an actual adherent of a specific and really practiced religion.

As advertised, the moden English word witch does descend from the Old English words wicce and wicca. Wiccans profess that these words are positive terms related to wizard and wise, part of a group of modern words whose roots refer to vision. That's unclear. Many scholars group witch in with another group, related to "wake," a reference to what necromancers do. An example of a necromancer would be the Biblical Witch of Endor "waking" Samuel.

It is true that there were wise women and cunning folk, folk healers. With these people, you can find the phrase "white witch," rarely. Cunning wasn't pejorative, it was from a usual verb meaning to know. However, the phrases arose much later than when wicc- was current. Based on the experience of other threads, we aren't going to sort all this out here.

Supposedly, the timing of the Wiccans' embrace of the word witch coincided with the reform of the British witchcraft law. However, there had been no law against witchcraft in England since the 1730's; in fact, the "Witchcraft Act" repealed such laws as there had been.

What was illegal since then was to defraud people by false claims of spiritual powers. The mid-Twentieth Century reform mostly modernized the statutory language and ensured that the religious concerns of Spiritualists were respected while more clearly outlawing fraud.

As discussed earlier in the thread, regardless of how the word witch was used, for witchcraft ever to have been a crime in an English-law jurisdiction, there needed to be maleficium, something actionable in its own right that was blamed on the witchcraft. Peaceful religious pursuits aren't maleficium. Also, I can't find that the use of the term witch as a self-description, religious or otherwise, was ever prohibited by law.

Edited by eight bits, 11 May 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Posted Image

#66    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

*sneaking back in now the debate is over*

This thread was made for Christopagans, "for those who are OK with mixing, blending, and syncretism. If you know about those who do this or do this yourself then please share."

I realize not everyone shares their spells. As a Christian witch that is not an issue for me. A low magic knot spell (in reverse/undoing) and composed by me a few years ago on 9 October 2009.

The new moon it was performed on fell on 18 October 2009 0533 UTC 1230 CST.

Image Shattering and Release

Right Before The New Moon Nears

As The Last Of Her Power Fails

Take 2 Cords With 7 Knots

Break The 1st Take Back Permission

And Close The Connection

Break The 2nd Break The Traced Line

Break The 3rd Illusion Shatters

Release The 4th I Accept All

That Is And Was; Remembered And Now

Release the 5th And All Hope

For What Never Was

Release The 6th

All I Have Taken And Been Given I Return

To The Universe

To God

Separate The Cords

I Wish For You To Be Happy; I Wish For You To Be Free

And All These Things I Wish For You

I Also Wish For Me

And As The New Moon Is Here (Or Near)

I Am Made New Unto This House, This City, And The World

Under The Stars

There was a bit more to this spell. It involved reading from others and using my own intuition to devise it. It was devised for a specific purpose: to get over a failed relationship where connections were opened between each other with our full permission even if we did not know exactly what we were doing or even giving permission. A link was made and had to be broken since the relationship was over. Believing there was more to it than there was, was an illusion.

It began with this which uses code for someone's name:

The Sky Flower Witch

I was confused as to the cause of this coldness inside me and if the Sky Flower witch was behind the illusion of her memory or was it just me. Send it out to the Universe, to the Sky Flower Witch.

=====================

Then I read the following article by Nita on witchvox.com: Magical and Mental Access and Permission

This made me realize I needed to close the links between us and "revoke permission".

=====================

The reverse knot spell was then devised using the following ideas to represent each knot:
  • Take back permission for connection & the need to close conneciton
  • The traced line must be broken
  • The illusion must be shattered (nothing was or is as it seemed)
  • The acceptance of all that is and was/remembered and now.
  • The letting go of hope for what was never there
  • The returning all I have taken
  • The wish for the Sky Flower to be free; I also wish for me

=====================

I then had glimpse visions on two different occasions.

V=Imps all along the sofa and around cushions when crossing living room.
Vision=The Sky Flower witch in darkness in same area, saw when coming from kitchen.

=====================

The spell was further plotted after reading a Psychology Today article regarding how one should get over a relationship after 1/3 of the time that the original relationship lasted and interpreting the glimpse visions I had through intuition:

Illusion should go away after 1/3 of the time.
Imps are image of all enemy energy.
Sky Flower witch vision energy from afar to break.
Learned from someone on a forum to use the new moon for refilling void of broken connection.
Right before new moon have already gathered:
2 ribbons or cords
1 can of Pepsi (Can be anything but this was their favorite drink)
1 handful of dirt
  • Knot the two cords 7 times for each of the 7 affirmations. Unknot while speaking them.
  • Blow out drink of Pepsi from left hand to send back all given and all taken from them (from Universe) over edge of property. Spill rest of can.
  • Place dirt back into dirt to replace void with right hand while inhaling at moment of new moon or closest to it on same day.

#67    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:22 AM

Basically the spell above was used as a psychological aid and tool. If you have any questions about Christopaganism please ask. If you have anything to share please do.

Here is a quick NFAQ (Not Frequently Asked Questions) I devised for a failed forum and revised for this one:

Q. What is a Christian witch?

A. Those from any Christian tradition or heritage who also practice any form of witchcraft, including low magic or high magic. There are different types of Christian witches so acceptance of others is natural if one can accept themselves.

Q. How can the two even go together?

A. If this is a question you ask yourself because you suspect you might be a Christian witch then you probably are a Christian witch.

If this is a question you want to ask someone else because you do not understand how anyone could possibly be a Christian witch then you are probably not a Christian witch.

Q. How do I become a Christian witch?

A. Since there is no exact single way to find your path there are no lessons you must learn or buy to be a Christian witch. There is no single point of view that others are expected to understand since we will all be at different levels of understanding and on different paths.

We can talk normally, no need for 'merry meets', unless of course that is how you are comfortable greeting others in your daily life.

Q. Are there any rules to being a Christian witch?

A. Some play within the boundaries, other play with the boundaries.

Fair fall you.

Edited by The world needs you, 09 June 2013 - 08:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users