Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

http://www.stuff.co....er-with-his-gun

Really... ??!! I just don't understand.....

Posted Image

#2    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

Wow, smart move.

What happened was terrible, but seriously?

#3    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

POPULAR

These parents should be charged.  This is irresponsible gun ownership to the max.  If you have kids in your home all guns should be locked up, not sitting in the corner of your mobile home.  Unbelievable.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 02 May 2013 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#4    The Id3al Experience

The Id3al Experience

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

• Before enlightenment peel the potatoes, after enlightenment, peel the potatoes.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

"It's like, oh, my God," she said, "we're having a big national debate whether we want to check somebody's background, but we're going to offer a 4-year-old a gun and expect something good from that?"

This is a real issue.... I beleive there should be an age limit. Over here in NZ, you have to be 18 to own a gun, you are allowed to use one if supervised by a licenced user only.

Posted Image

#5    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Meanwhile the gun lobby and corporations profit.

$$$ - <3 = :/

#6    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 02 May 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

"It's like, oh, my God," she said, "we're having a big national debate whether we want to check somebody's background, but we're going to offer a 4-year-old a gun and expect something good from that?"

This is a real issue.... I beleive there should be an age limit. Over here in NZ, you have to be 18 to own a gun, you are allowed to use one if supervised by a licenced user only.

But how will the 5 year old Americans protect themselves when when the 5 year old Chinese invade!

#7    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Yet another lethal weapon left carelessly lying around for children to get. These stories aren't even shocking anymore, just common gun accidents in the U.S of A. Like the kid with the semi-automatic hand gun, where he get that  from . Mom and Dads bedside table?
Maybe an i.q test should be compulsory.

#8    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

View Posts33ker, on 02 May 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Yet another lethal weapon left carelessly lying around for children to get. These stories aren't even shocking anymore, just common gun accidents in the U.S of A. Like the kid with the semi-automatic hand gun, where he get that  from . Mom and Dads bedside table?
Maybe an i.q test should be compulsory.

It's the law around here that all firearms have trigger locks.  Should be mandatory everywhere, and they should at least have a gun cabinet with locks.  What kind of irresponsible parent leaves a .22 sitting in the corner of their mobile home when a 5 year old kid is running around?  The trailer trash parents need to go to jail.  This is equivalent to giving your kid a knife and telling him to go run around.

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 02 May 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Meanwhile the gun lobby and corporations profit.

$$$ - <3 = :/

Just as Busch profits when 1000's of kids die in drunk driving accidents each year.  Come on now, you try making it sound like they promote these horrible things when in fact they promote education and safe use.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 02 May 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#9    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,818 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostSilver Surfer, on 02 May 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

But how will the 5 year old Americans protect themselves when when the 5 year old Chinese invade!

Posted Image

you wanna me to smack you ? tt2.gif

Grannie sez guns are not for kids ,

grannie.jpeg

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#10    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Totally irresponsible parents.  It is so so sad for the kids involved, that kid will grow up knowing he killed his sister, that is heartbreaking!

I'm in the UK so my opinion on guns is quite different to a lot of America and I realise that is mostly just cultural differences.  But if someone wants to teach their kids to hunt with guns, or target practise, then great.  Teach them to respect guns and let them know how dangerous they can be, that they are not toys.  Don't let you kid play with a real rifle like it's a toy...... especially one with a bullet in!!!  That is just madness.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,008 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 02 May 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Legally the parents owned the gun.  Even if it was a gift, it was still purchased and owned by the parents.

Heartbreaking story.  But it's definitely the fault of the parents - improper storage, leaving it loaded, letting the kid "play" with it.  I hope they are prosecuted.

But I don't see it as an indictment of the gun industry or gun culture in the US.  It was simply a tragic accident (granted one that could have been easily prevented).  The rate of gun accidents - especially among children - have been going down for decades even as gun ownership has skyrocketed.  The number of children killed in gun accidents each year barely make a blip on the list of causes of accidental child deaths.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 02 May 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Grannie sez guns are not for kids ,

Granny is smart.

http://www.thefiscal...rica.aspx#page1

Edited by Silver Surfer, 02 May 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#13    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,044 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Wow. stupidity of the Parents here is beyond what I would expect.

1. They let there child who is 5 have a firearm.
2. They let there child who is 5 play with the firearm.
3. They didn't bother to check to see if the bloody thing had one down the spout.

I have a 5 month old son. I plan on getting him a rifle when he is ready and knows right from wrong. That will be when he is 12 and has passed the firearms safety course and has a Youth License. I plan on getting him a BB gun when he is 9 so he has something to practice with, however only under my strict supervision and he will treat it like a firearm. I have no problems with children using firearms (that are of small caliber) under strict supervision (ie the person who owns it is standing right next to them watching everything they do).

The parents should be taken into custody and the child should be taken to a relative.

Seriously who thinks giving a gun to a 5 year old makes any sense and then letting him play with it.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostThanato, on 02 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

3. They didn't bother to check to see if the bloody thing had one down the spout.

I have a 5 month old son. I plan on getting him a rifle when he is ready and knows right from wrong. That will be when he is 12 and has passed the firearms safety course and has a Youth License. I plan on getting him a BB gun when he is 9 so he has something to practice with, however only under my strict supervision and he will treat it like a firearm. I have no problems with children using firearms (that are of small caliber) under strict supervision (ie the person who owns it is standing right next to them watching everything they do).

The parents should be taken into custody and the child should be taken to a relative.

Seriously who thinks giving a gun to a 5 year old makes any sense and then letting him play with it.

I agree. Remember a Christmas Story and all Ralphie wants is a BB gun for Christmas?  And everyone kept saying You'll Put Your Eye Out Kid? :D

Stories like this just make us gun owners who DO lock up our weapons look like idiots. :no:

Growing up, we were taught guns were NOT toys. Even our BB gun. Never point a gun and somebody you like....Or is it never point a gun at anybody? I can't remember... :whistle:

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,008 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostThanato, on 02 May 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with the kid getting the gun at 5 years old.  If you look at many of the top Olympic shooters, they all started shooting at around that age.  But the key is that the use of the firearm has to be under conditions supervised by the parent.  You can't just leave the thing loaded and leaning up against the wall in your trailer.  And, under no circumstances, should the kid be allowed to "play" with it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users