Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift


  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#136    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,620 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

nonsence.
of corse they do.
those guns that are regestered are know to fbi , may be atf is not as informed, but between the two they know. everytime someone buys a gun and dealer calls fbi for background check, they know you just bought a gun.
not to mention local pd, they are the ones that issue permits where requied, they know for sure.
where do you think list of owners came from, when stupid newspaper published it.

Edited by aztek, 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#137    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 10,338 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostMichelle, on 03 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

We have bears in the suburbs too. Guns are not as black and white as you make it sound and it's not all rural and urban either. There is a lot of in between.
I am not making it to be black and white, anything but if you read over the past posts.
My issue is not bears, its children left unattended with accessible guns.

View PostMichelle, on 03 May 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Children are not left alone with the responsibility to "look after" the household. They are left home, as any normal child is, who is old enough not to need a babysitter.
really? not according to some on here...again, please see past posts.


#138    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,964 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 03 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

That's even more impressive, that was a grizzly.  Even if the bear was sick, still an impressive feat.

Although, take a look at comments at the bottom of that article.. Everyone going out into the wilderness of Alaska should know to take a firearm, and not a small one.

Hell, yes.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#139    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,779 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 May 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

nonsence.
of corse they do.
those guns that are regestered are know to fbi , may be atf is not as informed, but between the two they know. everytime someone buys a gun and dealer calls fbi for background check, they know you just bought a gun.

And they also know that you sold it a month later or gave it to a pawn shop or that it was a present for your daddy's birthday? They know squad, because if they did most gun crime would be resolved in no time.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#140    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,620 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 May 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

And they also know that you sold it a month later or gave it to a pawn shop or that it was a present for your daddy's birthday? They know squad, because if they did most gun crime would be resolved in no time.

bull crap.
no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without  transfer, and what makes you think most gun crime doesn't get resolved?

again your MOST imagination, back it up, show us numbers of all gun crimes against unresolved. we will figure ourselves what is most and what is not.

and also i can help but laugh, how would a gun crime get resolved in no time if there is no gun found??? bullet prints proved to be useless by nypd. so that wont help.

Edited by aztek, 03 May 2013 - 07:11 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#141    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,779 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 May 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

bull crap.
no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without  transfer, and what make syou think most crime doesn't get resolved?

Where did I say "not resolved". Besides, again, except in a few states, there is no such a thing as a gun registry. As far as I remember only 9 out the 50 states require a registration. And, unless required by state law, on your background check it says nothing about what kind of a weapon you bought nor does it say if you actually completed the purchase after the check came back.

Been watching too much CSI? That is a TV show!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#142    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 10,338 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 May 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

bull crap.
no one sells his regestered gun or gives it away without  transfer, and what makes you think most gun crime doesn't get resolved?

again your MOST imagination, back it up, show us numbers of all gun crimes against unresolved. we will figure ourselves what is most and what is not.
http://anepigone.blo...r-by-state.html

Does not say how the  crimes were committed, but will refer to this at the bottom of the page:
Experts say that homicides are tougher to solve now because crimes of passion, where assailants are easier to identify, have been replaced by drug- and gang-related killings.  = now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

Edited by freetoroam, 03 May 2013 - 07:19 PM.


#143    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,620 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

they are if we talking about shootings. but overall 80% of all crimes are commited by gangs, according to fbi. btw those are all murder not just by gun.

View Postquestionmark, on 03 May 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Where did I say "not resolved". Besides, again, except in a few states, there is no such a thing as a gun registry. As far as I remember only 9 out the 50 states require a registration. And, unless required by state law, on your background check it says nothing about what kind of a weapon you bought nor does it say if you actually completed the purchase after the check came back.

Been watching too much CSI? That is a TV show!
you said would be resolved in no time, which implies they are not resolved in no time now. which they are really not, you right about that, but again how would it help if gun is not found, or found with no serial.??  btw spare barrels 20-150 a peice, swap it, and your gun is clean, unless you left a shel, and if you did, slides(with firing pin)and ejectors are available everywhere. and if you have revolver, no worrys about shells,
federal law requires background check for all gun purchases, or transfers, even if permit not required. that is why all dealers ned ffl (FEDERAL firearm lisence), not state. all state dealer reqire to fill out forms, and do background checks, regardless of state laws

btw, that show is garbage, i like comedy shows.

Edited by aztek, 03 May 2013 - 07:34 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#144    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 18,028 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

I am not making it to be black and white, anything but if you read over the past posts.
My issue is not bears, its children left unattended with accessible guns.

really? not according to some on here...again, please see past posts.

I have read them, thank you...and you keep repeating the same thing about not being able to wrap your mind around leaving a child responsible for the household...albeit with different variations. They aren't left at home to defend the house any more than I am at home to defend our house. I don't see a gun any differently than having a fire extinguisher. If the fire is too big you need to get out of the house, but if you are trapped somewhere, without an exit, you would at least have a chance with the fire extinguisher.


#145    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,964 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

View PostMichelle, on 03 May 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

I have read them, thank you...and you keep repeating the same thing about not being able to wrap your mind around leaving a child responsible for the household...albeit with different variations. They aren't left at home to defend the house any more than I am at home to defend our house. I don't see a gun any differently than having a fire extinguisher. If the fire is too big you need to get out of the house, but if you are trapped somewhere, without an exit, you would at least have a chance with the fire extinguisher.

I've told this before, but I have a friend who shot an intruder and got a pat on the back from police. He was ten.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#146    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,779 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

View Postaztek, on 03 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

they are if we talking about shootings. but overall 80% of all crimes are commited by gangs, according to fbi.


you said would be resolved in no time, which implies they are not resolved in no time now.
federal law requires background check for all gun purchases, or transfers, even if permit not required. that is why all dealers ned ffl (FEDERAL firearm lisence), not state.

btw, that show is garbage, i like comedy shows.

And thanks to the NRA the federal government is prohibited from registering arms. And there is no such a thing as a federal firearm license. Don't know where you got that from. The only firearm licenses that exist are from the states. All the Federal government does is regulate who may buy a gun, which is all who have no screw loose in their brain or are not convicted felons. And that is all they register, that somebody asked if he could buy a gun and the answer they gave to that.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#147    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 11,964 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

And home alone.

(Edit to add to last post).

Edited by Sweetpumper, 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#148    aztek

aztek

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,620 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

. And there is no such a thing as a federal firearm license. Don't know where you got that from.
lmao. realy??

Federal Firearms License

A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license that enables an individual or a company to engage in a business pertaining to the manufacture of firearms and ammunition or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms. Holding an FFL to engage in certain such activities has been a legal requirement within the United States of America since the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

all dealers are ffl holders,

.Licensees must maintain records of all firearms receipts and dispositions, including the name, age, and place of residence of purchasers.

http://www.atf.gov/f...ome-an-ffl.html

after that i se no point to argue with you, if you deny common knowlege and obviuos facts.

good bye, you will be in good company of likeminded ppl on my ignore list.

Edited by aztek, 03 May 2013 - 07:43 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#149    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 18,028 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

http://anepigone.blo...r-by-state.html

Does not say how the  crimes were committed, but will refer to this at the bottom of the page:
Experts say that homicides are tougher to solve now because crimes of passion, where assailants are easier to identify, have been replaced by drug- and gang-related killings.  = now correct me if I am wrong, but are these not generally gun related?

The majority of the time the people who resort to stabbing or shooting their significant others are involved in gangs. They have a completely different mindset where most of us would never even think of slapping someone across the face. I've started looking up the criminal histories of the people in the news who assault their partners and most of them have very long rap sheets. It makes me furious they aren't still in jail.


#150    Michelle

Michelle

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 18,028 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2004
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tennessee

  • Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 03 May 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

I've told this before, but I have a friend who shot an intruder and got a pat on the back from police. He was ten.

I know lots of cops and they applaud every time someone takes a dangerous criminal off the streets. They've usually arrested them so many times they know them by name.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users