Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#46    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostMichelle, on 02 May 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Like most other mechanical things, if cars were used only twice a year people would be out of practice, uncertain and not familiar with new circumstances like roundabouts.

Guess that there are exceptions to the rule. But then again, if cars were used only twice a year there would be no need for innovations...or big roads for that case.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#47    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 May 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

The rifle was made by a company that sells guns specifically for children - "My first rifle" is the slogan - in colours ranging to hot pink and multi-colour swirls.

unbelievable!!!!

No it is not......

Most parents are responsible, and so are most kids, as they learn responsibility.

Stop being so ignorant and blaming the gun companies.

Posted Image

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#48    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

The ratio of gun owners seez absolutely nothing about the capabilities of the owners, most people who own a gun use it less than twice a year. If cars were used less than twice a year they would be the safest means of transportation.

Where do you get your bull**** facts from over there across the pond?

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#49    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 May 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

What is unbelievable is that companies are making these guns for children and your government are trying to enforce rules to make guns more difficult to purchase for "adults".
Thats quite scary really...millions????
i don't see your point at all.
so industry makes guns for kids, becouse kids can't handle full size adult guns, i see nothing wrong with that.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#50    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,522 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

The ratio of gun owners seez absolutely nothing about the capabilities of the owners,

ratio of accidents against total number of owners. it sure tells you how many ppl are capable of handling guns in a safe maner. i don't get what  capabilities of the owners you talking about

Edited by aztek, 02 May 2013 - 07:36 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#51    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

probably not from the NRA website, as others.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#52    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,609 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Guess that there are exceptions to the rule. But then again, if cars were used only twice a year there would be no need for innovations...or big roads for that case.

Did you ever see the movie Driving Miss Daisy? Especially thinking back to the time, not so long ago in the fifties, when there was only one car per household. Women rarely had to drive and it made of lot of them nervous when they did. This is when women had a reputation of being bad drivers. We know better now of course.

#53    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

This story made my soul sink.  We are a nation of idiots.

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#54    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

i don't see your point at all.
so industry makes guns for kids, becouse kids can't handle full size adult guns, i see nothing wrong with that.
There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting  to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I do not believe at all that children in urban areas should have guns if they are bought for them as a means of protection. The god damn parents should be protecting their children.
Are you telling me that all those 'millions" of children are bought guns because daddy is taking them on hunting trips at the weekend?

But my main point was these companies are making guns for children while the government is trying to make gun purchases for adults more difficult...do you not see the irony in that?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#55    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,401 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostMichelle, on 02 May 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

This is when women had a reputation of being bad drivers. We know better now of course.

So. Many. Jokes. Can't. Process...

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#56    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,609 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

They have to be old leftovers. B)  Insurance companies have proven otherwise. :whistle: :-*

#57    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Not from the NRA website, that is for sure.

about me

#58    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 May 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

There is a big difference between people having guns because they use them for hunting  to those who use them for their protection in urban areas. I do not believe at all that children in urban areas should have guns if they are bought for them as a means of protection. The god damn parents should be protecting their children.
Are you telling me that all those 'millions" of children are bought guns because daddy is taking them on hunting trips at the weekend?

But my main point was these companies are making guns for children while the government is trying to make gun purchases for adults more difficult...do you not see the irony in that?

I do.... I can't figure out why the government goes against what the people want.

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

probably not from the NRA website, as others.

Q, you go from one thread with your BS to the next, still spouting your BS.  I call it BS because you don't provide sources, you just have one liners like this that have no substance.

View Postquestionmark, on 02 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Like this statement.  If you want to have credibility in a debate, cite your sources.  I'm inclined to believe you don't have any sources, because you made it up.

#59    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Posts33ker, on 02 May 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Yet another lethal weapon left carelessly lying around for children to get. These stories aren't even shocking anymore, just common gun accidents in the U.S of A. Like the kid with the semi-automatic hand gun, where he get that  from . Mom and Dads bedside table?
Maybe an i.q test should be compulsory.

not an iq test.. some parents should not be parents. simple.

Kitty >'.'<

#60    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,223 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postaztek, on 02 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

ratio of accidents against total number of owners. it sure tells you how many ppl are capable of handling guns in a safe maner. i don't get what  capabilities of the owners you talking about

To start with, nobody knows how many people in the US actually own a gun, because there is no place to look it up. The only nearly valid data we have is from Gallup and GSS, and they show that, despite the claims from interested parties gun ownership is declining overall in the US:
Posted Image
Edit: Source

So, right there your nice statistics already have a hole the whole Republican Party can walk through (Elephant and all). While that may not be the case in all states (in fact some have increased gun ownership, but that is a minority) we can safely conclude that most of the pistols and shotguns are owned by 10%-15% of the households, another 20-30% have a long gun (including some .22 in the back of the closet). And that makes your statistics look abysmal.

Then we have those guns belonging to elderly people, and from the little I know from my friends and family, you can use those for about anything except to shoot with for lack of maintenance, you can safely discount them too.

Last, but not least, there is neither enough ammunition sold to fire 6 shots out of each of those guns that (supposedly) exist once a year nor are there enough shooting ranges in the country to do that.

So, I guess we go back to the drawing board.

Edited by questionmark, 02 May 2013 - 08:14 PM.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users