Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mysterious spheres under Teotihuacan Pyramid

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,457 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

"It also seems that the spheres are so delicately balanced that, even with modern technology, they would need to have been made in zero gravity. The story goes that scientists at NASA were totally flawed when they examined them, and were unable to come up with any explanation."

*How Many Face - Palms Are Allowed* ??

#17    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,069 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

from costa rica some weighing 16 tons! not to mention diorite ( the only rock harder is diamond)
yet these are supposed to be carved out to a perfect circle with flint stones lol.
: http://www.world-mys....com/sar_12.htm

Did you actually read the article you linked to?

Stone spheres of Costa Rica

The spheres range in size from a few centimetres to over 2 metres (6.6 ft) in diameter, and weigh up to 15 tons. Most are sculpted from gabbro, the coarse-grained equivalent of basalt. There are a dozen or so made from shell-rich limestone, and another dozen made from a sandstone.

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Costa_Rica

http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/8593717.stm

http://web.ku.edu/~h...balls/intro.htm

How were they made?

The balls were most likely made by reducing round boulders to a spherical shape through a combination of controlled fracture, pecking, and grinding.  The granodiorite from which they are made has been shown to exfoliate in layers when subjected to rapid changes in temperature.  The balls could have been roughed out through the application of heat (hot coals) and cold (chilled water).  When they were close to spherical in shape, they were further reduced by pecking and hammering with stones made of the same hard material.  Finally, they were ground and polished to a high luster.  This process, which was similar to that used for making polished stone axes, elaborate carved metates, and stone statues, was accomplished without the help of metal tools, laser beams, or alien life forms.

http://web.ku.edu/~h...s/balls/faq.htm
Your link: http://www.world-mys....com/sar_12.htm

Errors and Misinformation

http://web.ku.edu/~h...alls/errors.htm

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,639 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostPersonFromPorlock, on 02 May 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hold on - if those pictures are robot-produced because of dangerous soil and tight quarters, who strung that grid and put the numbers down? Something doesn't compute.

a very clever robot indeed..

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#19    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

no i never read any links i post. im lucky if theyre even on topic. actually the multi ton ones are in bosnia. i rectify.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#20    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,069 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

no i never read any links i post. im lucky if theyre even on topic. actually the multi ton ones are in bosnia. i rectify.

Some of the Costa Rica ones weigh 16 tonnes, lol.

#21    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

thats right. to an ant its about 16 tonnes. it doesnt mention that?  pardon my ignorance. im only human.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 02 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#22    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,069 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

From the link:

Robert and I looked and looked, we counted about 20 visible stones that were being called stone spheres but, they were not even round……….Semir stated there were over thirty, now it is written there are over 40????? We did not see that many. I will just show you some pictures of some of the ones we found that could kind of fall into the category of being round, or spherical.

http://www.robertsch...e dowell ct.htm

Interesting link on that website:
http://www.hallofmaa...6316#msg-406316

#23    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,069 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostSheep Smart, on 02 May 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

thats right. to an ant its about 16 tonnes. it doesnt mention that?  pardon my ignorance. im only human.

This is what you said:

You corrected yourself, while you were right in the first place (about the weight of the Costa Rica stones).

That's all.

Edited by Abramelin, 02 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#24    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

If they are real, I don't see anything special about them.

Not unusual for the "ancients" to collect or deposit natural rock formations to promote ritualistic theology, either for living human ceremony, or burial "additions"

I mean, these are not made out of machined titanium, depleted uranium or some material not available at that time.

So I guess I don't really see anything special about them, other than, perhaps, from a past cultural archealogical viewpoint.

Just my opinion. Hopefully, and I'm sure, further studies will be made at this site.

Edited by pallidin, 02 May 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#25    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,669 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

no i never read any links i post. im lucky if theyre even on topic.

That must be nice, spreading ignorance AND taking no responsibility for doing so.

View PostAbramelin, on 02 May 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

You carve 16 tonnes and what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in dept.
Tlaloc, don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the Olmec store.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#26    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,696 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:59 AM

The yellow spheres could be some sort of symbolic offerings to the gods, which would have been deposited into some receptacle with a collection point in the tunnels

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#27    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Notes from the Webmaster:

As there usually is when it comes to OOP artifacts, there is some controversy over the Klerksdorp Spheres. Most skeptics bash Cremo on his supposed source (a weekly world article), rather than address the object itself and conveniently ignore the fact they were mentioned a great deal earlier than Cremo's 1993 book. For example:
  • Barritt, D., 1982, The Riddle of the cosmic cannon-balls: Scope Magazine. (June 11, 1982)
  • Pope C. and B. Cairncross 1988. "Cosmic Cannonballs a geologic explanation: ARIP View. no. 1., pp. 5-6. (ARIP = Association for the Rational Investigation of the Paranormal)
  • Nel, LT., H. Jacobs, J.T. Allen and G.R. Bozzoli 1937. Wonderstone. Geological Survey of South Africa Bulletin no. 8

For a good counter-argument, see the Wikipedia article on the Klerksdorp Spheres. In summary, the main arguments against them are:
  • Some geologists who have studied these objects argue that the objects are not manufactured, but are rather the result of natural processes.
  • Not all are perfectly spherical, and some have varying shapes. (Yet there do exist some that are perfectly spherical with the afore-mentioned unusual balance.)
  • What NASA reportedly said is being contested.
  • What Mr Marx stated regarding their "perfect" balance was misquoted, although he still argues they are enigmas.

However, at this point, it has yet to be proven conclusively either way as to whether these are legitimate OOP artifacts or not. Until these can be firmly debunked, I will leave with the other artifacts. You the reader must decide for yourself whether or not you think these are man-made.

https://www.forbidde...info/?q=node/26

#28    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Also:

Who shot Neanderthal Man?

The Museum of Natural History in London displays an early Paleolithic skull, dated at 38,000 years old, and excavated in 1921 in modern Zambia. Posted ImageOn the left side of the skull is a perfectly round hole nearly a third of an inch in diameter. Curiously, there are no radial split-lines around the hole or other marks that should have been left by a cold weapon, such as an arrow or spear. Opposite the hole, the cranium is shattered, and reconstruction of the fragments show the skull was blown from the inside out, as from a rifle shot. In fact, any slower a projectile would have produced neither the neat hole nor the shattering effect. Forensic experts who have examined the skull agree the cranial damage could not have been caused by anything but a high-speed projectile, purposely fired at the prehistoric victim, with intent to kill. Posted ImageIf such a weapon was indeed fired at the man, then one of two conclusions can be made: Either the specimen is not as old as it is claimed to be, and was shot by a European in recent centuries, or the remains are as old as claimed, and the marksman was ancient too. In view of the fact that the Paleolithic skull was excavated from a depth of 60 feet, mostly of lead rock, the second conclusion is more plausible. But who possessed gunpowder 38,000 years ago? Certainly not Stone Age man himself.[1]

Auroch Survives Bullet

An Posted Imageauroch's skull was excavated, (currently on display in the Paleontological museum in Moscow), and determined to be several hundred thousand years old. It too has a small hole in the frontal part that has no radial lines. This, combined with similar features to the above, suggest a small projectile. More interesting is the fact that the hole did NOT happen after death- the wound had partially healed!

https://www.forbidde....info/?q=node/7

#29    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,069 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't take Cremo (a Creationist, as he himself admitted) and his "Forbidden History" very seriously. Not because he's a Creationist, but his sources of information often suck major.

Btw, all those artifacts have been discussed on UM, Harsh.

#30    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 03 May 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

I don't take Cremo (a Creationist, as he himself admitted) and his "Forbidden History" very seriously. Not because he's a Creationist, but his sources of information often suck major.

Btw, all those artifacts have been discussed on UM, Harsh.
Thought as much. But Cremo's work is based on better footing then most other Fringe authors. Cremo uses sources from the mainstream and reports from the mainstream for most of his work.
Though do you have specific refutations of Cremo's sources? Would be very interested to look into those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users