Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Oldest Nazi concentration camp survivor dies

leopold engleitner buchenwald niederhagen ravensbrueck concentration camps

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    Wyrdlight

Wyrdlight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

My grandad on my mothers side was a wireless operator airgunner in wellington bombers with bomber command, RAF.  Flew sub-hunting missions over the med based in gibralter from memory.  I have all of his records etc, he had a blisteringly high accuracy rating on his live fire tests for being an air-gunner, in excess of 90% hit rates across all ranges.

My grandad on my dads side was a field gunner with the royal artillery in the north africa campagin, working with 25pdr guns (finest field gun ever made).  He never saw direct action as he lied about his age and signed on at 15, he reckons the sergant knew and kept him from the battle to spare him, every time a deployment came he was re-assigned to go on a course etc.  had some cool stories, said than when warmed up and well drilled they managed a rate of fire on thier 25pdr guns of 10-14 shells a minuite, and thats roughly the same as somone using a bolt action rifle!

My great grandad on my fathers side was a drummer boy in the first world war, he was 13 or 14 in one of the colonial indian regiments.  They got hit with mustard gas on thier way to front and he was never eally the same, blisters the lungs permenantly, Suffered with it for the rest of his life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users