Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Genesis Creation vs. Macroevolution Myth

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#106    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,760 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Copasitic, maybe you should reread your last quote.  Because it says what I am saying.  That the earliest mammals were producing  milk for their young.  It is right there in black and white.  If I could copy and paste I would do so.

Hello Daniel, Truthfully I think you are demonstrating more of an understanding then I have ever seen from what I have read of your posts. I also know that part of refining ones understanding is having the willingness to ask the questions, look at where you are missing a vital piece of information.

I'll tell you too for whatever it is worth ( and of course do not take my opinion as gospel) just as feedback. I have been reading Copa for years now and so has my son who is on the deans honor list in his school, in every subject including science, My kid will be going to JC next year for Biology thanks to Copa's posts, my kid is 15. Copa has aided us by his posts/advice and my son's curriculum let me tell you I came in ignorant as they come.

So being ignorant just means you have something you can learn and Um is very fortunate to have a person such as Jay who gives so much away in the way of sound, quality science education.
IMO, people spend so much time being jealous of him and intimidated  and insecure about themselves that they forget what it takes-- the work and effort this guy devotes to being as intelligent as he is and the humanitarianism of giving back.

So if this is bruised ego call on your part be respectful, don't waste his time, because when you do it takes away from those that do want to learn.  

Just my 2 cents, nothing more.

Edited by Sherapy, 22 May 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#107    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,500 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

That is all good for you and your son.  But, copa.  is putting his opinion in as fact.  There are no facts, just guesses.  And, as I pointed out his own quote backs up what I said.  The earliest mamals were producing milk not something in between milk and sweat.  Mammory glands are modified sweat glands.

Further, he stated two years ago that mammals started out by keeping their eggs most with water secretions.  But, that doesn't make any sence since lizard eggs don't need to be kept most.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#108    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,237 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

There are no facts, just guesses.  And, as I pointed out his own quote backs up what I said.  The earliest mamals were producing milk not something in between milk and sweat.  Mammory glands are modified sweat glands.

No it doesn't, stating it over and over doesn't make it correct. You can look at the genes of mammals and see how they have changed overtime. Looking at genes for milk products shows that the actual composition varies greatly because of evolution. Early "milk" wasn't anything like modern milk, if you would call it milk at all. It was probably more like mucus. In fact if you had actually looked up the paper you'd see that some fish actually use prolactin (the same hormone used in mammals) to control mucusey secretions. Some of these fish actually even secrete this mucus for nourishment of their young, the cichlids are a great example.

Even more interesting and probably detrimental to your argument is the fact that cichlids belong to the class Actinopterygii or ray finned fishes. While the ancestor to tetrapods (including mammals) diverged from lobed-finned fish, or Sarcopterygii. Which means that secretions to aid in nourishing young is a trait likely far older than mammals or even early mammals.

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Further, he stated two years ago that mammals started out by keeping their eggs most with water secretions.  But, that doesn't make any sence since lizard eggs don't need to be kept most.

You do realize that lizards are not mammals no? If you do, did it occur to you that their eggs might be different? I mean, call me crazy.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users