Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Astrology: evidence of an unknown energy ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

gravity, mikko, is affected by what's known as the inverse square law. the gravitational force you feel at the earth's surface is 1g.
move 8000mls out into space (the same distance as the earth's surface to the core), doubling the distance from the centre, and you don't feel .5g but .25g double the distance, quarter the force. gravity only diminishes with distance, not disappears. if it did, the universe wouldn't hold together. if the only things in the universe were you, and a hydrogen atom at the other end of the universe, after a (very very very!) long time you'd both be stuck together, through gravitational attraction. scientists have developed instruments so precise, they can detect the moon's gravitational pull on a glass of water. and while the moon may be massive, you have to remember that the glass of water is also pulling on the moon. negligable though it may be,  it IS there, so a 60km lump of rock floating around neptune may seem like nothing, it IS having some kind of influence, albeit a miniscule one.

Edited by shrooma, 06 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#17    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

I see. That could very well be it. Moon is very much related to medical astrology, to choosing surgery dates for one. Not just full/new moon but whether it deviates from it's assumed latitude and orbit much. Maybe a loooot of psychic abilities stem from being able to sense that gravity and distinquish it's source more accurately, just a sidenote... :D

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,437 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 May 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Energy generate by the pyramids?

:unsure:

It's fascinating, and the Russians have been studying the effects since the late 80's.  They have actually built some pyramids in the course of their investigations, though discovered early on that the presence of metals in the pyramid negated the effects.  They constructed a few hollow pyramids using PVC pipes for the framing, and some kind of composite or fibreglass for the sides.  Amazing medical effects.  Dead animals placed inside, for example, do not decompose at the same rate as they do outside the pyramid.

#19    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• The proof is out there.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Best summarised by the comedians Newman and Baddiel.... A small number of the infinite astral bodies in our universe have a direct effect on the love lives and financial status of one of the 50 million carbon based species on our planet. The best person to interpret these effects ? Russell Grant. Enough said.

#20    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Dont know the guy, google says he's a media figure in Britain. You have taken a reading from him?

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users