Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Power of Prayer (Physical Changes)

emoto water crystals intention

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,102 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

No one said 100%. I said reliable, as in a controlled experiment.
Researchers preforming the controlled experiments did not get the same out come.

Try to understand that before attempting to pass pretty pictures off as evidence.

#17    Arpee

Arpee

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Compassion brings us Peace, I Care for you and Care for me"

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 May 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

No one said 100%. I said reliable, as in a controlled experiment.
Researchers preforming the controlled experiments did not get the same out come.

Try to understand that before attempting to pass pretty pictures off as evidence.

Correction: "Some" researchers did not get the same outcome.

But that doesn't matter because others did and when those others repeat the experiment the results can keep being shown. So where, specifically "THESE" researched did not get the same outcome?

It is because their consciousness was affecting it (through their lack of belief - remember this is an experiment of CONSCIOUSNESS - emotin and belief) OR they didn't have enough intensity in emotion.

There is much evidence on the studies of prayer and intention and it shows that there are indeed effects, but they are influential rather than a "100%" or "0%" thing.

Just because "SOME" did not get the same results, that does not mean it isn't true, especially if others can repeat it and get continuous results.

~ I AM NOT WHAT I AM NOT ~

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,102 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostArpee, on 07 May 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Correction: "Some" researchers did not get the same outcome.
Actually scientists did controlled experiments and the results do not support the hypothesis thoughts can effect water.

But that doesn't matter because others did and when those others repeat the experiment the results can keep being shown. So where, specifically "THESE" researched did not get the same outcome?

It is because their consciousness was affecting it (through their lack of belief - remember this is an experiment of CONSCIOUSNESS - emotin and belief) OR they didn't have enough intensity in emotion.
Because a pseudo-scientist says so and has pictures to show.

#19    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,102 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

In the end Dr Emoto (who isn't even a doctor) makes money off peddling his experiments that scientists can't reproduce.
Arpee, are you sure you aren't the one in denial?

http://is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 May 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#20    Arpee

Arpee

Psychic Spy

• 1,357 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 07 May 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Actually scientists did controlled experiments and the results do not support the hypothesis thoughts can effect water.

Again, some, and the reasons why was explained.

Because a pseudo-scientist says so and has pictures to show.

Science is systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation.   That is exactly what this is. The physical results were recorded (picture), and the experiment was done.  Calling it "pseudo" science (fake-science) would just be denial and a belief system at this point. It is science at its very definition.

In the end Dr Emoto (who isn't even a doctor) makes money off peddling his experiments that scientists can't reproduce.
Arpee, are you sure you aren't the one in denial?

http://is-masaru-emoto-for-real.com/

Correction "some" scientists. Also, whether or not he is actually a doctor or is making money off of his experiments is irrelevant to the actual experiment itself. That is judgment which has nothing to do with the scientific evidence of the experiment.

I am not in denial. I believe what believe. I believe the pictures and the process of the scientific experiment, otherwise I would have not made this thread.

Edited by Arpee, 07 May 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,102 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostArpee, on 07 May 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Correction "some" scientists.
Name the scientists who got the same results as Emoto.

Also, whether or not he is actually a doctor or is making money off of his experiments is irrelevant to the actual experiment itself. That is judgment which has nothing to do with the scientific evidence of the experiment.

I am not in denial. I believe what believe. I believe the pictures and the process of the scientific experiment, otherwise I would have not made this thread.
That fact you refuse to accept the controlled experiment preformed by real researchers shows you are either in denial or ignorant of scientific experiments.

Edited by Rlyeh, 07 May 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#22    Arpee

Arpee

Psychic Spy

• 1,357 posts

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

This comment:

View PostRlyeh, on 07 May 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

That fact you refuse to accept the controlled experiment preformed by real researchers shows you are either in denial or ignorant of scientific experiments.

is the reason why no matter what I say about this:

View PostRlyeh, on 07 May 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Name the scientists who got the same results as Emoto.

It wouldn't mean anything to you or change your mind. So why argue about it? You already decided that the experiment is not "real" and anyone doing the same exact experiment with the same results are not "real" researchers.

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,102 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostArpee, on 08 May 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

It wouldn't mean anything to you or change your mind. So why argue about it? You already decided that the experiment is not "real" and anyone doing the same exact experiment with the same results are not "real" researchers.
Can you support your statement or not? Which scientists got the same results that support Emoto?

I understand if you can't answer, however you shouldn't make false statements.

Also tagged with emoto, water, crystals, intention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users