Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] New strains of killer flu virus created

hybrid virus influenza mutant bird-flu global pandemic

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1    sean6

sean6

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Scientists slam 'appalling irresponsibility' of researchers in China who deliberately created new strains of killer flu virus

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2SFihgZy4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I hope they don't escape it could kill millions.  If something like that hit the US it would go unchecked for a while because so many would put off going to the doctor because of lack of health insurance.

Wonder if it has already gotten out and that is why they are getting the deaths from bird flu.

#3    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostHilander, on 03 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I hope they don't escape it could kill millions.  If something like that hit the US it would go unchecked for a while because so many would put off going to the doctor because of lack of health insurance.

Wonder if it has already gotten out and that is why they are getting the deaths from bird flu.
I thought the timing of this interesting as well. Time will tell I suppose.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,654 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

The researchers claim the work could help develop a vaccine.

=================================

Is this not what has been happening inside many labs all over the world by scientists and researchers for years? what about the lab experiments they make sure we do not get to hear about?

Edited by freetoroam, 03 May 2013 - 06:22 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

The researchers claim the work could help develop a vaccine.

=================================

Is this not what has been happening inside many labs all over the world by scientists and researchers for years? what about the lab experiments they make sure we do not get to hear about?
Yes this goes on everywhere and one of these days we will have to deal with one of these killer viruses.

#6    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,710 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Scientist's careers are advanced by publishing - the publish or perish thing.  Keeping something a secret would not advance your career, so why do it?

I think those Chinese guys badly misjudged the world's (especially other scientist's) reaction.  They not only did it, they wrote about it, too!
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,654 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostDoug1o29, on 03 May 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Scientist's careers are advanced by publishing - the publish or perish thing.  Keeping something a secret would not advance your career, so why do it?

I think those Chinese guys badly misjudged the world's (especially other scientist's) reaction.  They not only did it, they wrote about it, too!
Doug
MONEY! there are people who will pay the scientist lots of money to produce what they want, and there are many scientists who will take it.....every time you see a new advancement in science which benefits the world, they will not tell you about all the failures they had to get there...they keep everything a secret until they are ready to tell us or ready to sell.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#8    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,675 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 May 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

MONEY! there are people who will pay the scientist lots of money to produce what they want, and there are many scientists who will take it.....every time you see a new advancement in science which benefits the world, they will not tell you about all the failures they had to get there...they keep everything a secret until they are ready to tell us or ready to sell.

When ever an advancement in virology is achieved you always have to wonder if a particular strain or hybrid-strain was bred for the pharmaceutical companies to capitalize off of an anti-virus. First: Unleash it upon a population. Second: Let the virus fester and grow in the population. Third: Promote chaos and disorder in various nations. Four: Research and sell a cure to the frightened people who will pay anything to live..

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#9    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

This new H7N9 is bad enough. I can see why there looking for vaccines. But wow. 127 strains.

#10    Imperious

Imperious

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Now these are the stories that p*** me off, why even **** with this ****.

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,654 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostKafkaesque, on 03 May 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

When ever an advancement in virology is achieved you always have to wonder if a particular strain or hybrid-strain was bred for the pharmaceutical companies to capitalize off of an anti-virus. First: Unleash it upon a population. Second: Let the virus fester and grow in the population. Third: Promote chaos and disorder in various nations. Four: Research and sell a cure to the frightened people who will pay anything to live..
Would not surprise me. The pharmaceutical companies have been know in the past to do anything to make more money.

#12    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,385 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

In nature, some strains of the influenza virus are highly lethal while others jump easily from person to person. What public health officials fear most is a hybrid that combines the lethality of one with the transmissibility of the other, creating a deadly global pandemic.

Now a team of Chinese scientists has investigated that in their lab by creating a new hybrid virus.

http://www.wired.com...1-reassortment/

Posted Image

#13    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

It is possible that they might not live to regret it, especially IF it does cause "a deadly global pandemic"

Posted Image

#14    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Love the fact there is loads of hate about it being a Chinese scientist when they where trying to do this int he US as well. lol In fact in the US they where trying to make it airborne... LOL

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,189 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

They are doing things like this in labs in other countries besides the US.

Already a thread about this.  http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247287

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users