Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Beware the wrath of the church organist

church organist worshippers music clerics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

They are the stalwart pillars of the community whose week-in, week-out dedication has kept the country’s choral traditions alive for generations.

But, if new research is be believed, behind the quiet exterior the humble church organist is not someone to be crossed.

While charged with providing spiritually uplifting music to worshippers, it seems many also seize the opportunity to extract subtle revenge on clerics who have displeased them or simply play pranks on congregations.

http://www.telegraph...e-is-sweet.html

Posted Image

#2    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 18,034 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

:w00t: I can relate! The lady I took piano lessons from, for about seven years, was the organist at our church. At that age I imagined her to be about seventy, when in reality she was probably around forty, but she was so cool! She never ceased to amaze me.

#3    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,165 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I'd say the best revenge is to play the opening bars of Phantom of the Opera during a moment of silence.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

Also tagged with church, organist, worshippers, music, clerics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users