Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Has Hungary not learned from History?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

The BBC is a respected outfit, worldwide.

#17    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

The BBC is a respected outfit, worldwide.

That has nothing to do with how truthful their news is...

#18    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 06 May 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

That has nothing to do with how truthful their news is...

I agree and its funny that its those who dont live in Britain who think the BBC is both truthful and trustworthy. Heres a website for them with literally 1000s of BBC articles showing a liberal bias starting with an admission out of their own staffs mouths - http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

The majority of us in Britain dont agree with atheism, immigration, gay marriage, etc, etc. Yet the BBC portrays all those against its liberal agenda as extremists which apparently now includes foreign political parties too. While I'm at it the majority of my people are proud of the British Empire and think its the best thing that ever happened to planet Earth. We owe foreigners nothing and the sooner we cut the gravy train (foreign aid) the better.

Edited by Giant Killer B, 06 May 2013 - 08:12 AM.

#19    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 06 May 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I agree and its funny that its those who dont live in Britain who think the BBC is both truthful and trustworthy. Heres a website for them with literally 1000s of BBC articles showing a liberal bias starting with an admission out of their own staffs mouths - http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

The majority of us in Britain dont agree with atheism, immigration, gay marriage, etc, etc. Yet the BBC portrays all those against its liberal agenda as extremists which apparently now includes foreign political parties too. While I'm at it the majority of my people are proud of the British Empire and think its the best thing that ever happened to planet Earth. We owe foreigners nothing and the sooner we cut the gravy train (foreign aid) the better.

Yes, this is a website i visit occasionally & yes the BBC without doubt has a left wing bias. In fact, just google it, there is plenty of evidence.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 06 May 2013 - 12:30 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#20    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 05 May 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Why so bombastic, Richard?
The title of the thread is misleading, because

If the far right can gather only few hundred people to protest, it means people did learn from history.
well not to those protesting

#21    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostGiant Killer B, on 06 May 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

let me guess? you are one of those people who read The Sun?

#22    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,646 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 07 May 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

well not to those protesting

There were few hundred people protesting and you accused the whole country of not learning from history.

If it wasn’t appalling it would be hilarious.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#23    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 05 May 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Having been in Hungary, and having  recently visited in-laws there, I can attest that it is a re-developing former Soviet satellite and (previously) former ally of Nazi Germany (the former was enforced, not voluntary; the latter was entirely coerced and resisted violently by freedom fighters in 1956). There is an entrenched cultural Roman Catholicism there (exemplified in the '40s and '50s by Cardinal Midszenty) which has endured Nazi tyranny and Soviet atheistic Stalinism. Having been in a relative 'time-warp' from a post-WW I communist coup through the collapse of conservative Catholic government under the demands of WW II Germany to the Soviet domination post WW II, the nature of Hungarian Catholicism has remained unchallenged by relative advances in Jewish-Christian relations in nearby nations such as in Poland (admission of complicity in WW II death camps; a highly influential Polish Pope). Hungary's claim-to-fame was allowing/cooperating with the efforts of Swedish businessman and diplomat Raoul Wallenberg in rescuing approximately 300,000 Jews after the government gave up resisting repeated German Nazi demands to turn them over. In short, it appears that Hungarians have suffered greatly from external threats over the past 100 years, but have not been as successful at stamping out internal threats to their own peaceful co-existence.
I was born in Budapest Hungary. My great grandparents both on my mothers side were shot by the Germans in the street. My grandfather was taken to a labor camp in Romania and never heard from again. None of us are Jewish. My grandmother was Catholic and my great aunt her sister a Nun. My father's side was anti semitic and my father was until he died. Imagine the irony that my son married a Jewish girl. I am sure his ashes were swirling in his urn. There is still anti semitic views back in Hungary but it is not as bad as before. Budapest has a large Jewish population and the largest Synogauge. There is still a lot of bigotry and hatered all over the world not just Hungary. That is the sad side of humanity.

#24    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 07 May 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

There were few hundred people protesting and you accused the whole country of not learning from history.

If it wasn’t appalling it would be hilarious.
I never accused a whole country

#25    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,646 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 May 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I never accused a whole country

Could you then translate “Has Hungary not learned from history?” from English to English so I too can understand what was the meaning of that question?

Over here, when we say “Hungary” we think of whole country called Hungary. What is Hungary to you then if not the whole country?

So according to my understanding of your language, it should have been “Have few hundred Hungarians not learned from history?”, unless you can guess what population of the whole country has or hasn’t learned, based on few hundred exhibitionists.

Posted Image

#26    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 08 May 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Could you then translate “Has Hungary not learned from history?” from English to English so I too can understand what was the meaning of that question?

Over here, when we say “Hungary” we think of whole country called Hungary. What is Hungary to you then if not the whole country?

So according to my understanding of your language, it should have been “Have few hundred Hungarians not learned from history?”, unless you can guess what population of the whole country has or hasn’t learned, based on few hundred exhibitionists.
Its kinda a question not to be answered

#27    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 25,646 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Its kinda a question not to be answered

Oh, you mean a rhetorical question.
Like, “Who could possibly falsely accuse whole country of bigotry?” or “How smart one has to be in order to notice the irony in the attempt to fight prejudice with prejudice?”

Still, when making rhetorical questions you are supposed to keep away from false accusations, because those can ruin your credibility.
Not to mention p*** off people who are subjects of your prejudices in making.

Posted Image

#28    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Like, “Who could possibly falsely accuse whole country of bigotry?” or “How smart one has to be in order to notice the irony in the attempt to fight prejudice with prejudice?”

Still, when making rhetorical questions you are supposed to keep away from false accusations, because those can ruin your credibility.
ok enough of me, lets start to get back on track, this will derail the thread, its gone past is past, lets move on.
I take note of your statement

#29    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 07 May 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

let me guess? you are one of those people who read The Sun?

No, thats as much trash as the BBC is.

#30    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 08 May 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I couldnt agree more.

For those who think the BBC tells the truth - If we round up the people from any political party then I'm quite sure one or two anti-semitists will exist in their ranks. But how does that make a party itself to be about anti-semitism? There is no factual evidence of Jobbik like that.

And all the hysteria coming from one unidentifed person, who doesnt lie Jews, posting on a unofficial Jobbik forum. Yeah that forms the basis of rational argument doesnt it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users