Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

AA artifacts - evidence or speculation ?

ancient aliens proof evidence statues petroglyphs drawings

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#16    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 05 May 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

True. Unfortunately we both know it's likely it'll be ignored in favor of the most recent BS explanation. After all, there are some who refuse to let the facts come between them and their 8fantasy
       d
idnt ignore you i just posted to you above regarding your clam that romans made no accounts of ufo sightings. google romans and ufo or romans seeing flying sheilds. you already discredited yourself from your first post but ill still reply. i believe i addresed your claim.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#17    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostHarte, on 05 May 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

I think I've done this enough, don't you?

That being said, better explanations, posted by a very gifted individual, appear here, here and, more recently, here.

The first link references an included pic of the five fold titulary of Senusret for comparison.  The pic, for whatever reason, is no longer in the post.  It can be viewed here.

The third linked explanation is the clearest for the less intellectually advantaged in that is contains large visual aids - the Nebty names of Seti and Rameses II (Seti's son) as they appear in other settings.  In that post, it is as plain as day that these two names overlapping make up the "Pharoah's Helicopter" palimpsest.

If that's not good enough, then nothing ever will be.

Harte
that doesnt explain the statues and the petroglyphs. as for ancient egypts association with AA , im unconvinced of convential theory regarding the build of giza and its purpose.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 04:09 AM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#18    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostLeslie_1978, on 05 May 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

I believe aliens have always visited earth among many other planets in the universe. Native Americans depict them in many cave and cliff drawings. And in the Bible there are many things described that sound like U.F.O.s...
agreed. but apparently people cant see the "large visual aids".nor can they comment on behalf but have to post links of other peoples theories. i could have googled if i wanted to read conventional garbage. HARTE.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#19    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,456 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

that doesnt explain the statues and the petroglyphs. as for ancient egypts association with AA , im unconvinced of convential theory regarding the build of giza and its purpose.

Well, as long as we've cleared up the ignorance on the Abydos "helicopter" glyph, we've done a good day's work.

Search around here for why you're wrong about Giza.  I don't expend much of my energy explaining the same things over and over and over anymore at this board.

I just tell you you're wrong.  When you are.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#20    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostHarte, on 05 May 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well, as long as we've cleared up the ignorance on the Abydos "helicopter" glyph, we've done a good day's work.

Search around here for why you're wrong about Giza.  I don't expend much of my energy explaining the same things over and over and over anymore at this board.

I just tell you you're wrong.  When you are.

Harte
yea i dont buy those stories though. none are proven for the build so i assume then i stand alone? so be it.

furthermore, ill believe the "right" theory when i see replica of the Giza buit one day. Block per block , weight per weight. Something tells me ill never see it.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#21    Harte

Harte

• 9,456 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

agreed. but apparently people cant see the "large visual aids".

Too bad they dont come with written explanations like the glyphs.

Suffice it to say that, to the First Peoples, it doesn't matter what you think an ancestral depiction of their mythical supernatuiral  beings looks like.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#22    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

d
idnt ignore you i just posted to you above regarding your clam that romans made no accounts of ufo sightings. google romans and ufo or romans seeing flying sheilds. you already discredited yourself from your first post but ill still reply. i believe i addresed your claim.

You must get confused easily since I never mentioned Romans. So I guess you've just discredited yourself. :tu:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#23    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 05 May 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

You must get confused easily since I never mentioned Romans. So I guess you've just discredited yourself. :tu:

cormac
it was for the one that did.
hatwearer or whatever, my apologies there, im typing from my phone.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 04:22 AM.

#24    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

not much to say about the statues? no opinions. everyone is quick to post up links. i suppose there was a historical cartoon at one time. The Jetsonians, everyone drew of them.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 04:26 AM.

#25    Harte

Harte

• 9,456 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

yea i dont buy those stories though. none are proven for the build so i assume then i stand alone? so be it.
Be alone if you want.  But you're wrong there too.

There's a conversation going on right now at this boardabout how we know Khufu had the Great Pyramid built. The thread was started some years back, but was recently picked back up - page 3 or 4 I think. And in that conversation, there are many of the ignorant that strive to remain ignorant in the face of information that is the cure to their ignorance.

Harte

#26    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,952 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Youre wrong if you dont think Romans left ufo accounts. "romans see flying sheilds". google it. i believe that you know less than you think.

as for "eroded hieroglyphs",
they happened to erode into perfect shapes of helicopters and submarines and the image of what people have describes in ufo sightings? If thats the case then why isnt there erosion on  the other heiros around it? also if they were eroded, what were they before depicting? this halfass theory is straight up lame. and it Is a theory its not proven.  

I have 2 things ill never understand,   

1, why do people have to accept a theory because some shmuck with a degree proposes it, in order to be original? and probably write a book? (by the way theres a lotabiut Daniken i disagree with)
aside from that you DO know theres alterior motives dont you? people should just think for themselves develope their own opinions based on what they see and hear.

Well, for one thing, those Schmucks With Degrees (and I assume thereby we can safely refer to you as a Schmuck Without a Degree?) have proven they know what they're talking about, in the same way you have here proven you Don't Know What You're Talking About. I guess the Schmucks With Degrees are just less militant about their ignorance than you.

To put it simply: you do understand that all Art is not photorealistic, right? That the idea of a piece of art literally representing actual reality didn't occur to anyone until (arguably) the mid 19th Century, after the arrival of photography? Look at portraits, where physical imperfections were routinely erased. George Washington had wooden teeth and was covered with smallpox scars, but you never see that in pictures of him, do you? And that's only the tiniest example. I mean, until the Renaissance and the development of perspectival painting, it was literally impossible to make a realistic image. So no, for the vast majority of these images, they aren't reflecting anything literal or real.

Additionally, all art is concieved of and created according to certain artistic conventions. These conventions vary from time to time and place to place, and if you're not familiar with them -- with these contexts -- you cannot intelligently say what a painting within that convention means. For instance, in Egyptian art (and lots of other civilizations, up until the Renaissance), physical size reflected political importance. The Pharaoh was very big. Regular people were very small. In no way does that suggest Egyptian citizens were 2 feet tall or that the Pharaoh was 10 feet tall. In European art before the Renaissance, babies were portrayed as small figures with adult forms (http://content.artof...06/Byz18jpg.jpg). You can see images of baby Jesus with male-pattern baldness. Does that mean there were no babies in Early Medieval Europe? No, of course not. It just means you lack the education to tell us what the artist meant in these images and what the contemporary audiences understood in them. And that you saying they're space ships is cramming yourself and your opinion where it is neither intended, wanted nor useful. Bluntly, people *shouldn't* think for themselves, in this instance, until they spent time learning about artistic conventions -- this is why the poet Alexander Pope said "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

And this is the sort of things those Schmucks With Degrees spend years learning and understanding, and why in a very fundamental way, they understand things you don't, and why you shouldn't be posting these kinds of images and telling us what they mean, that they "really" show aliens or spaceships.

2nd, do you really think historical stories of a worldwide flood and depictions of celetial beings from around the world are just coincidence? mind you im only going by physical evidence here.

It's no more a coincidence than the fact that virtually every major city in the world is next to an easily flooded body of water and always has been. It's no more coincidence than the increased popularity of zombie films after the rise of AIDS.

And if you /actually/ look into it, you'll see such stories are hardly universal, anyway. (I mean, go ahead and list every one you know and we'll see.)

i dont get why the idea is so implausible that in the past another being could have came here. we can even be the result of that. sim city earth haha. really its just us , this is the greatest thing god can make since sliced rock?.?.?

There's nothing ipso facto implausible about it, I agree. But you have to understand your ignorance is hardly an argument /for/ the existence of anything.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 05 May 2013 - 04:38 AM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#27    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

View PostHarte, on 05 May 2013 - 04:17 AM, said:

Too bad they dont come with written explanations like the glyphs.

Suffice it to say that, to the First Peoples, it doesn't matter what you think an ancestral depiction of their mythical supernatuiral  beings looks like.

Harte
I believe the Sumerians did leave both. The story is that they came from another planet. Its the one Sagan chose when he and Nasa sent out the communication back in the 70's. Presumably it must have meant something if it were chosen to be sent out for communication with extraterrestrials.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 05 May 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#28    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,957 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

A word of advice to anyone looking for AA explanations among ancient artifacts or art. Don't take anything out of context, be it art or artifact. You need to understand the culture that is responsible for any artifact to understand it's meaning and significance. Without context AA is nothing more than a speculative fantasy with no meat on it's bones.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#29    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 05 May 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

I believe the Sumerians did leave both. The story is that they came from another planet. Its the one Sagan chose when he and Nasa sent out the communication back in the 70's. Presumably it must have meant something if it were chosen to be sent out for communication with extraterrestrials.

Not from the actual Sumerians there isn't.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#30    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:34 AM

And this is the sort of things those Schmucks With Degrees spend years learning and understanding, and why in a very fundamental way, they understand things you don't, and why you shouldn't be posting these kinds of images and telling us what they mean, that they "really" show aliens or spaceships.

what? when did i say they "really" are aliens, in case you missed it. which you clearly DID, i stated uner then 2nd post i believe saying, "IM NOT SAYING THESE ARE ALIENS...THEY APPEAR TO BE".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users