Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jesus Christ

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    Glenville86

Glenville86

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

I do not know what happened with the touching of objects but am happy you had this experience.

#17    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,756 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 May 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

The Buddha (the Thai version not the Chinese "fat" version), and several Bodhittsatvas (Buddhist "saints"), appeared to me when I was a teenager.  My parents were upset with me that I had the hubris to think these were real.  It all has to do with cultural expectations.
I must suppose that  in your case they were not real but how did your parents KNOW that. It is not hubris to recognise reality . I cant speak to the reality/physicality of the posters experince but it is very interesting. For example, if we take his word, like me he had to research to even find out what some things were. This precludes prior cultural conditioning in the formation of an hallucination.

Ps heat and light are common physical manifestions of "the holy spirit" to use the christian terminology. Heat is often accompanied by healing of the body, and light by healing of the emotions. This power/ force/ entity of course predates both christian jewish and muslim theologies and is found inmost religions around the world.. "the holy spirit is merely a name for it, as indeed "god" is merely a name for the entity which generates this power.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#18    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

TO see the face of Our Lord, just look at the shroud of Turin

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,952 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

My parents were well enough educated to understand the nature of waking dreams.  Most Buddhists take claims of this sort to be hubris anyway.  It takes years of study and meditation and right living to become enlightened and a huge dollop of genuine humility to become enlightened.

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,799 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 05 May 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

TO see the face of Our Lord, just look at the shroud of Turin
Or some toast
http://home.insightb...read/bread.html

#21    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,756 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 May 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

My parents were well enough educated to understand the nature of waking dreams.  Most Buddhists take claims of this sort to be hubris anyway.  It takes years of study and meditation and right living to become enlightened and a huge dollop of genuine humility to become enlightened.
  I beg to disagree. it only takes enlightenment to become enlightened. The rest is just what others believe and teach to be true. Enlightenmet can come to a peron simply throug inner reflection and contemplation and the opening of ones heart and mind to the truth, or it can be given as a gift by the cosmic consciousness to anyone capapble of comprehending it.

Certainly such enlightmentment and the recognition of ones true place in the universe/ cosmic consciousness humbles most conscious beings who thoughttheir own mind was the most significant thing in their world, but it also expands them, makes them more truthful in their recognitition of reality, and this is not entirely conducive to true and total humilty To recognise ones relationship with the cosmic consciousness, and the abilities and benefits it brings one, is both humbling and uplifting, and one must be honest enough to accept these abilities and benefits, in order to use them to help self and others.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#22    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 May 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

That IS NOT Jesus ...

I repeat .... THOSE are NOT Jesuses

Geezshus .... :no:

What's the correct word for more than one Jesus?

Is it Jesuses or Jesi? I always get it wrong.

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,334 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostArbenol68, on 05 May 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

What's the correct word for more than one Jesus?

Is it Jesuses or Jesi? I always get it wrong.

I don't believe there is even anything such as 'more than one Jesus' because the consensus is obviously there is only 'one'
In which case we're all wrong here .... starting with the OP and me

~edit : keyboard spasm

Edited by third_eye, 05 May 2013 - 08:37 AM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#24    Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Here's the example, I just used my imagination to tell what happen.

Edited by Netero, 05 May 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#25    Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

Here's my example..This is what happen to me when Jesus Christ come into my room... Why this happen and how did he came into my room in the middle of the night?

Edited by Netero, 05 May 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,799 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is that a giant bong pipe?

#27    Neo Cortex

Neo Cortex

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

#Rlyeh

I dont know if its a giant bong pipe. But when i touch this object a heat force taken away from my right hand and then smoke begun to appear.

Edited by Netero, 05 May 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,952 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 05 May 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I beg to disagree. it only takes enlightenment to become enlightened.
What an unfortunate thing to think.  I have no idea how to respond to such fancifulness and lack of the depth.  You must mean something alien to what is meant by the word throughout history, something that to me is incomprehensible.  Knowledge and understanding and enlightenment do not come from our toenails or some magical formula, but from study and thought and teaching and good living and compassion and humility.

#29    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,952 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 05 May 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

I don't believe there is even anything such as 'more than one Jesus' because the consensus is obviously there is only 'one'
In which case we're all wrong here .... starting with the OP and me

I have no problem with the idea of there being more than one Jesus; my only problem is the one we have.

View PostNetero, on 05 May 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

#Rlyeh

I dont know if its a giant bong pipe. But when i touch this object a heat force taken away from my right hand and then smoke begun to appear.
Heads up folks.

#30    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,334 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 05 May 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I have no problem with the idea of there being more than one Jesus; my only problem is the one we have.

~snip

I on the other hand have no problem with this the 'one' JC .... better than one too many

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users