Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Why People Believe in Conspiracy Theories

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
687 replies to this topic

#646    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

Conspiracies Theories are not really such a reach, are they?

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Do you want to know why people distrust the US Government sososososososososo (!) much?

https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Wynne

EX-General Michael Wynne

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Non-lethal weapons

Wynne advocated testing nonlethal weapons, such as high-power microwave devices, against American citizens before being used on the battlefield, saying "If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation."[4]
Resignation from the Department of the Air Force

On June 5, 2008, Robert Gates announced that he had accepted the resignation of Michael Wynne as Secretary of the Air Force because of "a decline in the Air Force's nuclear mission focus and performance" and "lack of a critical self-assessment culture". Gates specifically cited two incidents in which the Air Force had lost track of nuclear weapons or parts; in one incident, nuclear weapons fuses had been mistakenly sent to Taiwan when helicopter batteries had been ordered, and in the other, the 2007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident, a B-52 bomber had been flown across the country armed with six nuclear-armed cruise missiles that no one realized were on board.[5]
Wynne responded that the report on the event was colored by the cultural differences of the Navy admiral who prepared it.[6]

Edited by regeneratia, 19 February 2014 - 02:49 AM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#647    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

Conspiracies Theories are not really such a reach, are they?

Does your link suddenly make the U.S. government guilty of every evil visited on people?

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#648    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 February 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

Does your link suddenly make the U.S. government guilty of every evil visited on people?

Do you think it does?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#649    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,569 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 February 2014 - 02:57 AM, said:

No, but apparently quoting herself and replying to herself does.... :rolleyes:

Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan
"I'm tired of ignorance held up as inspiration, where vicious anti-intellectualism is considered a positive trait, and where uninformed opinion is displayed as fact." - Phil Plait
"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." - H. L. Mencken

#650    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

Do you think it does?

You can read my posts on other threads, and I think you'll find your answer. However this isn't the "Answer a Question With Another Question" thread, so maybe you can give a straight answer for once? I think you can reign in that "free" mind of yours to focus long enough to answer a rather simple question.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#651    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

Oh? Please clarify. What does it explain?

Nope.  Think for yourself.

#652    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,534 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 19 February 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

Ha! Good one, there.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#653    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 4,978 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

{deleted} oops got my threads tangled, sorry!

Edited by ChrLzs, 19 February 2014 - 11:09 AM.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#654    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 February 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

You can read my posts on other threads, and I think you'll find your answer. However this isn't the "Answer a Question With Another Question" thread, so maybe you can give a straight answer for once? I think you can reign in that "free" mind of yours to focus long enough to answer a rather simple question.

No, this is the "I won't answer a straight question" thread. :w00t:

#655    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Can't...argue...that...

#656    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 19 February 2014 - 03:44 AM, said:

Why give a straight answer when you don't get them?

View Postaquatus1, on 19 February 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

LOL. Ok I will remember that when you ask for clarification.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#657    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,702 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

Do you want to know why people distrust the US Government sososososososososo (!) much?

https://en.wikipedia...i/Michael_Wynne

EX-General Michael Wynne

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Non-lethal weapons

Wynne advocated testing nonlethal weapons, such as high-power microwave devices, against American citizens before being used on the battlefield, saying "If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation."[4]
Resignation from the Department of the Air Force

On June 5, 2008, Robert Gates announced that he had accepted the resignation of Michael Wynne as Secretary of the Air Force because of "a decline in the Air Force's nuclear mission focus and performance" and "lack of a critical self-assessment culture". Gates specifically cited two incidents in which the Air Force had lost track of nuclear weapons or parts; in one incident, nuclear weapons fuses had been mistakenly sent to Taiwan when helicopter batteries had been ordered, and in the other, the 2007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident, a B-52 bomber had been flown across the country armed with six nuclear-armed cruise missiles that no one realized were on board.[5]
Wynne responded that the report on the event was colored by the cultural differences of the Navy admiral who prepared it.[6]

Meanwhile, no one addresses the true ugliness that happen outside the conspiracy theories. It isn't such a reach to believe in conspiracy theories when you have real news telling you just how ugly it can get within the halls of any government.
We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to. So it isn't really such a reach to imagine that there is more going on that they are NOT telling us about. Add to that is major distrust on government and you have good fodder for the birth of a conspriacy theory.

This is the Era of Sunshine. All will be known. We can accept the ugly as we can accept the beauty.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#658    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

Why give a straight answer when you don't get them?

LOL. Ok I will remember that when you ask for clarification.

Just making note of your hilarious and unbelievably hypocritical double-standards. My you must have been great at dodgeball back in the day.

In addition: No, I don't put a broad stroke on U.S. government involvement in everything. I treat it all case by case, just as I would with any Bigfoot/UFO case that emerges on this sight, and like any good skeptic should.

So how about a straight answer?

#659    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 32,560 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to.

Are you a registered voter? Do you vote? How many of those politicians are in Washington because of your vote?

If you didn't vote, you do not have an argument.

Edited by skyeagle409, 19 February 2014 - 07:32 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#660    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 19 February 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Meanwhile, no one addresses the true ugliness that happen outside the conspiracy theories. It isn't such a reach to believe in conspiracy theories when you have real news telling you just how ugly it can get within the halls of any government.
We KNOW that government experiment on their own people, have publically apologized for it, over and over again, only when forced to. So it isn't really such a reach to imagine that there is more going on that they are NOT telling us about. Add to that is major distrust on government and you have good fodder for the birth of a conspriacy theory.

This is the Era of Sunshine. All will be known. We can accept the ugly as we can accept the beauty.

Bad people are everywhere.  When you walk down the street, you are sharing the sidewalk with murderers, rapists, child abusers, wife beaters, thieves and liars.  Do you meet someone and automatically assume they are one of those things?  The people in the government are just regular people.  They weren't raised to be snakes from birth. They just chose a certain career path.  It is not surprising that there are bad apples in the government, but it is definitely not the majority.  To automatically thing everything is a lie is naive.  And yes, by your posts, I see that you are 100% naive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users