Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

[Merged] Benghazi Revealed on Wednesday

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,537 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 05 May 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

We should be focusing on what went right in Libya.
Umm no.
We should be focusing on that boring old thing called "the truth". Yes I know it's not as sexy as building another soap box to assail us all from, but it's something that needs to be known.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,034 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

So first you got this from "newsmax" the rapidly pro-right rag with zero credibility, talking about some GOP plants that are going to testify before a GOP controlled House committee that has publicly stated they will do anything to bring down the president. Right, I get it. Complete and utter BS.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,422 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

The only thing that would of helped Ambassador Stephens is if there was intelligence that there was going to be an attack.  Then they could of pulled him out of the country or told him to stay at the embassy instead of going to the consulate.  You can't be an ambassador and travel around the country with a platoon of soldiers and I don't think just a few men would of changed anything.

If there is evidence that there was a cover up and they turned their back on Stephens when they could of helped him I will be mad.  I will want an impeachment.  I'm not a big fan of Obama's but right now all I see is some republicans trying to bring a democrat down like they have been doing from the beginning.

#19    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,540 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

A top State Department official scheduled to give congressional testimony this week on the fatal attacks on the U.S. outpost in Benghazi, Libya, says he knew immediately they were terror strikes, not a protest turned violent, according to interview transcripts released Sunday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2SSr49YcF

#20    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Again, fox news :unsure2:

#21    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,892 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostHilander, on 05 May 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

The only thing that would of helped Ambassador Stephens is if there was intelligence that there was going to be an attack.  

you mean just like it helped with 9\11 and boston?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#22    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

View Postkrypter3, on 05 May 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

I understand the animosity toward a news source - I feel the same about CNN - too partisan for me - but Fox did not create this event and they did not tell this eyewitness what to say.  They are just reporting the absolutely DISGUSTING (if true) event that was allowed to happen for political purposes.  If true then Obama needs impeaching but it could never happen.  So much the worse for America in 2013.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#23    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

It really doesn't matter. Bias against FOX news is no better then any perceived bias of FOX news. There are many articles from many news organizations. Here are just a few:

http://www.washingto...7add_story.html

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1335662

http://www.newsmax.c...05/05/id/502840

http://security.blog...ed-lawyer-says/

http://www.cbsnews.c...rom-the-get-go/

The fact that Obama and Clinton came out later that day and said it was because of riots from a lame YouTube video was pathetic. Even more so when THAT notion, promoted by Obama, prompted attacks on US embassies through-out Africa, the Middle East and Asia resulting in hundreds of deaths.

And what was the Commander-In-Chief doing during these attacks on our embassies in the days that followed...? He was on the campaign trail, continuing to spew his lies while multiple embassies were burning. If I were President I would not have been out campaigning while we had embassies being attacked.

O, what a tangled web we weave; When first we practice to deceive!
-SIR WALTER SCOTT

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
-PLATO

Edit: Quotes...

Edited by Dan'O, 06 May 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#24    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 05 May 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Exactly tapir. Everyone else who does not find this a laughing matter or uses mock avatars. There is a whole base who draws from a more sophisticated outlook on this matter. Your commentary and style might be in place in other venues but the national and world stage has little taste for such fanfare.

Carry on old lad.
These men DIED and did not have to die.  They were sacrificed for a political campaign and anyone who excuses that and supports those who did it is as disgusting as the perpetrators.  I'm sure the left DOES want to move on and hush it up - NOT gonna happen, old lad....

#25    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,595 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

Maybe its because the other networks will not cover this issue that the links are from fox. Rumour is that ATM some networks are not reporting on some stories deliberately.

#26    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,857 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

People do themselves a grave disservice writing off one news source over the other. It takes very little time to verify and compair. It should at least make you curious.

#27    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,422 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Really doesn't matter that much who called it a terrorist attack first or what the reason was for the attack.  They killed the ambassador and those other men.  I think they would of used any reason they may even staged the protests to give them a chance to go after the Ambassador.

Considering the date and resent events I really don't understand why Stephens would take a chance going there.  Especially considering an Ambassador isn't allowed that many military personal or body guards with him.  Plus that consulate isn't fortified like the embassy is.

Maybe the Obama administration didn't handle this like they should have and if there was wrongdoing I want to know about it.  I still think this is the republicans trying to do what they can to hurt Obama and the democrats.  If they really cared about wrongdoing why did they let so much of what Bush did slide.  I'm not crazy about Obama but I do question their motives.

Lynch, also a member of the House oversight committee, defended House Democrats on the issue, saying the Republican-led chamber calls the hearings and picks witnesses.

If I find out that Obama knew there would be an attack and he didn't warn Stephens then that would make me mad.

Edited by Hilander, 06 May 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#28    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

This should be discussed even investigated so we can better be prepared to offer more adequate security to our overseas missions. That is of prime importance and need not be politicized.

Those who are frothy at the mouth over crucifying political opponents are transparent in their politicizing of this issue.

The appetite for such courses are increasing among the radicalized right but the majority of Americans are turning away their noses.

We saw this when the few fanatics of the hardline right went after AG Holder and politicized F&F into fiasco.

It is horrible our own died but using their deaths to go after certain individuals is tantamount to ad hominem and a disgusting way to memorialize the deaths. Others are taking notice. The vast majority of America recognizes political theater and cheap shots and won't share the opinion of the old chaps in the Robespierrian brigade who are just as likely to become victims of their own opportunism.

Opportunistic, using the deaths for their own selfish agenda.

#29    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,537 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

you're absolutely right - it's abominable how people are using the deaths of those men to score cheap points. terrible.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 06 May 2013 - 03:17 AM, said:

This should be discussed even investigated so we can better be prepared to offer more adequate security to our overseas missions. That is of prime importance and need not be politicized.

Those who are frothy at the mouth over crucifying political opponents are transparent in their politicizing of this issue.

The appetite for such courses are increasing among the radicalized right but the majority of Americans are turning away their noses.

We saw this when the few fanatics of the hardline right went after AG Holder and politicized F&F into fiasco.

It is horrible our own died but using their deaths to go after certain individuals is tantamount to ad hominem and a disgusting way to memorialize the deaths. Others are taking notice. The vast majority of America recognizes political theater and cheap shots and won't share the opinion of the old chaps in the Robespierrian brigade who are just as likely to become victims of their own opportunism.

Opportunistic, using the deaths for their own selfish agenda.
But your honor please have mercy on me, I'm an orphan since I killed my mom and dad...  Bottom line here is that these men were cut loose to die and NO ONE has paid any price, not even politically, for it.  No one has resigned or been held accountable and MOST important, not a single perpetrator has been ID'd or brought to justice.  Do you have any concept of how serious an act it is to murder diplomatic personnel?  Wars have started for this - and a country that will not defend it's own diplomats is considered a weakling in this world.  The Liberal worldview smacks of weakness and cowardice on any issue not related to funding for more Liberal programs - i.e. more votes.

Edited by and then, 06 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users