Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 6 votes

Is Israel an Apartheid state?

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#61    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostErikl, on 12 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

In the same way that the United Kingdom is a Christian state. In case you don't know, being a Jew now days mean not only that you follow Judaism, but that you belong to an ethno-religious group, in much the same way as Armenians, Copts, Samaritans, Zoroastrians, and many other ancient nations couple religion with ethnicity. To someone coming from a Christian or Muslim background such as yourself, even if your society is now totally secular, it's hard to grasp, as both Christianity and Islam see themselves as universal religions - for this reason back in the middle ages Christian Germans and Christian Poles could go to war against each other, as the fact that they were both Christian did not mean the belong to the same nation. That also pretty much dictated modern European nationhood. However, for some people, their religion went hand to hand to define what they are - this is not unique to Jews, but also to Egyptian Copts, Zoroastrians (like Freddy Mercury), and to Samaritans. So Israel is a secular Jewish state - most of it's Jewish population is secular, and so it sees it's Jewishness in national view, not some medieval theocratic way.
I myself eat pork and until recently mixed meat with dairy (as I've grown older I developed lactose intolerance :(   ).

I said just what I meant, Israel is not simply a nation... it is a Jewish... state.

Israel doesn't re-enforce Jewish identity on any of it's minorities.
It's like saying that the UK or the US re-enforce Christian identity because Christmas is a national holiday and Sunday is a day off.
In Israel, all religious minorities are free to observe their own religion, and they do, and their respective holidays are respected.
Each religion minority is also recognized legally - there are Sharia courts and Jewish courts to decide in religious matters between people (for example - religious ceremonies and such) and they both get funded by the government.
Even more so, Arabic is one of the two official languages in Israel - while France is 10% Arab and didn't do the same.

No, lacking a constitution basically institutionalizes discrimination and inequality.

And we have here another example of you avoiding responses - I said that the UK doesn't have a constitution as well. Is that because the British actually want to re-enforce Christian identity? :rolleyes:

Oh now you've resorted to quote Al-Qaeda directly?
In the meantime, Israel is the only country in the region to actually give off land - some of it several times it's size - ie the Sinai peninsula to Egypt - for peace, and sometimes even just to avoid loss of human life. Actually, in the past 30 years, we retreated from Sinai, Lebanon and Gaza. If that's how you build an empire, then I guess we've got it all backwards now did we? :lol: :wacko:

Al-Qaeda? WTH? Haven't you heard of "Eretz Israel" (translated "Greater Israel"?

Israel invaded lands partitioned to Palestinians by the UN from 1947 through 1949 via Plan Dalet. Israel invaded Egypt twice, once in 1956 and once again in 1967 both times Israel conquered the Sinai peninsula. Israel invaded the Gaza Strip and West Bank once in 1967 and has occupied the latter ever since. Israel invaded Syria in 1967 and illegally "annexed" or rather has occupied the Golan Heights ever since, Israel claims to have legally annexed the Golan Heights but the whole international community claims Israel illegally occupies the Golan Heights. Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 and occupied it until 2000, 18 years later before withdrawing back to the international borders.

I recommend everyone read the real history of Israel's history: http://nido-del-cuco...guerras-de.html

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#62    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

I said just what I meant, Israel is not simply a nation... it is a Jewish... state.
Wow, you completely ignored every I wrote. It is kind of a nag for you and Yamato - you raise a false point, I refute it, then instead of responding to the fact it was just refuted, you ignore it completely and just go along and spread you propaganda. We're not here to listen to your monologues you know.

Israel is Jewish in the same way that Poland is Polish and Norway is Norwegian. Jews are seen not only as members of religion but also as an ethnicity, or a nation. Right of return to Jews is nothing special to Israel, but is applied in many other nations with big diaspora - Armenia, Italy, Germany, etc..

No, lacking a constitution basically institutionalizes discrimination and inequality.
Really? Oh well, I guess the UK has also institutionalize discrimination and inequality, as seen here:

"Unlike many other nations, the UK has no single constitutional document. This is sometimes expressed by stating that it has an uncodified or "unwritten" constitution.[2] Much of the British constitution is embodied in written documents, within statutes, court judgments and treaties. The constitution has other unwritten sources, including parliamentaryconstitutional conventions (as laid out in Erskine May) and royal prerogatives."
http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

To read more, you can look at the article about Uncodified constitution:
http://en.wikipedia....ed_constitution

This is exactly the same as in Israel. There is no actual written document called a constitution, but a set of laws called Basic Laws, used and respected as a constitution. And what does that have anything to do with Apartheid or this topic anyhow, beats me.

Al-Qaeda? WTH? Haven't you heard of "Eretz Israel" (translated "Greater Israel"?
Yep, al-Qaeda, as you resort into accusing Israel in the same conspiracy theories. Israel has actually been giving away land in the last 40 years, every land it occupied it eventually retreated from, except for the West Bank, which is a disputed territory. Israel retreated from the Sinai peninsula in 1982, a territory more than two times the size of Israel. From Lebanon in 2000. From the Gaza Strip in 2005. It's actually the only country in the region to give away land. No other county around it has done so since 1948.

Edited by Erikl, 13 May 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#63    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostErikl, on 13 May 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Wow, you completely ignored every I wrote. It is kind of a nag for you and Yamato - you raise a false point, I refute it, then instead of responding to the fact it was just refuted, you ignore it completely and just go along and spread you propaganda. We're not here to listen to your monologues you know.

Israel is Jewish in the same way that Poland is Polish and Norway is Norwegian. Jews are seen not only as members of religion but also as an ethnicity, or a nation. Right of return to Jews is nothing special to Israel, but is applied in many other nations with big diaspora - Armenia, Italy, Germany, etc..

Really? Oh well, I guess the UK has also institutionalize discrimination and inequality, as seen here:

"Unlike many other nations, the UK has no single constitutional document. This is sometimes expressed by stating that it has an uncodified or "unwritten" constitution.[2] Much of the British constitution is embodied in written documents, within statutes, court judgments and treaties. The constitution has other unwritten sources, including parliamentaryconstitutional conventions (as laid out in Erskine May) and royal prerogatives."

This is exactly the same as in Israel. There is no actual written document called a constitution, but a set of laws called Basic Laws, used and respected as a constitution. And what does that have anything to do with Apartheid or this topic anyhow, beats me.

Yep, al-Qaeda, as you resort into accusing Israel in the same conspiracy theories. Israel has actually been giving away land in the last 40 years, every land it occupied it eventually retreated from, except for the West Bank, which is a disputed territory. Israel retreated from the Sinai peninsula in 1982, a territory more than two times the size of Israel. From Lebanon in 2000. From the Gaza Strip in 2005. It's actually the only country in the region to give away land. No other county around it has done so since 1948.
Erikl when one starts from the premise that Israel is an illegitimate entity then all sorts of wonderful moral convolutions become possible.  My biggest problem with this lot is that they do not have the integrity to just tell the truth and say they believe Israel should not exist at all.  AND that they agree with whatever means are required to "set things right".  I guess they feel, in their heart of hearts that if they do not SAY it then they cannot be guilty when the bloodshed happens.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#64    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostErikl, on 13 May 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Saying Israel is a Jewish STATE... what does that say of the indigeneous peoples that have lived in Palestine for 1,300 years prior to the creation of the State of Israel?

Without a constitution, Israel can and Israel has granted more rights and privilages in a discriminatory manner over non-Jews. Non-Jews are second class citizens who face further difficulties because they have no constitution to use in their defense in legal matters and court cases and human rights, basically the Israeli government can and has washed its hands of personal accountability. EDIT: the lack of a constitution basically is the denial and/admittance of Jewish exclusivity.

I should report you for your personal attack by associating me with one of the world's worst terrorist organizations. Did you click on the link I posted. Get outta here with your lame personal attacks, buddy! :td:

Edited by B Jenkins, 13 May 2013 - 07:56 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#65    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postand then, on 13 May 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Erikl when one starts from the premise that Israel is an illegitimate entity then all sorts of wonderful moral convolutions become possible.  My biggest problem with this lot is that they do not have the integrity to just tell the truth and say they believe Israel should not exist at all.  AND that they agree with whatever means are required to "set things right".  I guess they feel, in their heart of hearts that if they do not SAY it then they cannot be guilty when the bloodshed happens.

Ancient Jews failed to be obedient to God's commandments and therefore forfeited the promise (Biblical claims to Palestine) - Dr Dewey Beegle of Wesley Theological Seminary.

#66    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,660 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for help bringing awareness of this apartheid to the world. Keep spreading the "propaganda".... ;)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#67    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Saying Israel is a Jewish STATE... what does that say of the indigeneous peoples that have lived in Palestine for 1,300 years prior to the creation of the State of Israel?
Your twisted logic, which seems to try to find things which aren't there, just for the heck of it, is frustrating. Israel is Jewish as Poland is Polish. It's not Jewish as Iran is Islamist. Got it? (probably not).

Without a constitution, Israel can and Israel has granted more rights and privilages in a discriminatory manner over non-Jews. Non-Jews are second class citizens who face further difficulties because they have no constitution to use in their defense in legal matters and court cases and human rights, basically the Israeli government can and has washed its hands of personal accountability. EDIT: the lack of a constitution basically is the denial and/admittance of Jewish exclusivity.
Oh my. I give up. This was the fourth time I dismissed this wrong logic. I also gave an example of the UK - and gave links from wikipedia explaining to you why your entire case is wrong, irrelevant and nothing more than yet another false libel. I guess your native tongue is English. I know mine is not, but I think I and the sources I gave here were pretty clear on this issue. I don't know how else to pass that to you. I hope the rest of the UM member got it. As for the "second class citizens" issue, apartheid claim etc., in 5 pages both you and Yamato have failed to contradict each and every claim, quote or proof that refutes these ugly libels. All you two did was to ignore replies to your posts, and simply keep on repeating your propaganda over and over again without any relevance to the way the discussion progressed.

I should report you for your personal attack by associating me with one of the world's worst terrorist organizations.
OK, just for that I would resort into your childish game and say that I could easily report you for repeating vile anti-Semitic accusations against Israel without any base whatsoever - the old "Jews want to take over the world" blood libel now channeled through they myth that Israel wants to take over the middle east. However, I won't, because that would be stretching it, plus I don't need to accuse you of anything because you make a fool of yourself by claiming that anyhow. In any case, just so you know, this exact claim is being used by radical Islamists, Hamas and Al-Qaeda included. Sheesh.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#68    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 13 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ancient Jews failed to be obedient to God's commandments and therefore forfeited the promise (Biblical claims to Palestine) - Dr Dewey Beegle of Wesley Theological Seminary.
Gotcha!  So any means necessary to rid the world of this problem is okay, right?  To paraphrase the words of a Red Ryder song - "we're wise to you this time, no more final solutions"
Deny it if you like BJ, but the result of what you preach INEXORABLY leads to that conclusion.  And it's ashamed you should be.

#69    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostErikl, on 13 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

Your twisted logic, which seems to try to find things which aren't there, just for the heck of it, is frustrating. Israel is Jewish as Poland is Polish. It's not Jewish as Iran is Islamist. Got it? (probably not).

Oh my. I give up. This was the fourth time I dismissed this wrong logic. I also gave an example of the UK - and gave links from wikipedia explaining to you why your entire case is wrong, irrelevant and nothing more than yet another false libel. I guess your native tongue is English. I know mine is not, but I think I and the sources I gave here were pretty clear on this issue. I don't know how else to pass that to you. I hope the rest of the UM member got it. As for the "second class citizens" issue, apartheid claim etc., in 5 pages both you and Yamato have failed to contradict each and every claim, quote or proof that refutes these ugly libels. All you two did was to ignore replies to your posts, and simply keep on repeating your propaganda over and over again without any relevance to the way the discussion progressed.

Propaganda eh? No sir!

The most significant human rights problems during the year were terrorist attacks against civilians; institutional and societal discrimination against Arab citizens, in particular in access to equal education and employment opportunities; societal discrimination and domestic violence against women; and the treatment of refugees, asylum seekers, and irregular migrants.

Other human rights problems included institutional and societal discrimination against non-Orthodox Jews and some minority religious groups; societal discrimination against persons with disabilities and Ethiopian Jews; and serious labor rights abuses against foreign workers.

http://www.state.gov.../nea/204363.htm

A report on the Occupied Territories (including areas subject to the jurisdiction of the Palestinian Authority) is appended at the end of this report.

The Israeli Basic Law on Human Dignity and Liberty provides for freedom of worship and the Government generally respected this right in practice. While there is no constitution, government policy continued to support the generally free practice of religion.

While the Basic Law on Human Dignity and Liberty does not specifically refer to freedom of religion, it does refer to the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel, which explicitly provides for the protection of religious freedom. In addition, numerous Supreme Court rulings incorporate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, including their religious freedom provisions, into the country's body of law. The Declaration describes the country as a Jewish state, establishing Judaism as the dominant religion while also promising full social and political equality, regardless of religious affiliation. The Basic Law describes the country as a "Jewish and democratic state." Government policy continued to support the generally free practice of religion, although governmental and legal discrimination against non-Jews and non-Orthodox streams of Judaism continued.

The status of respect for religious freedom by the Government was unchanged during the reporting period. Government allocations of state resources favored Orthodox (including Modern and National Religious streams of Orthodoxy) and ultra-Orthodox (sometimes referred to as "Haredi") Jewish religious groups and institutions, discriminating against non-Jews and non-Orthodox streams of Judaism. Officials at the Ministry of the Interior blocked three Messianic Jews (persons who identify as Jews and follow Jewish traditions but who believe Jesus was the Messiah) seeking to immigrate to the country under the Law of Return and continued to differentiate between Jews and non-Jews on national identification documents.

Some individuals and groups committed abusive and discriminatory practices against Israeli-Arab Muslims, evangelical Christians, and Messianic Jews at the same elevated level cited in the 2008 International Religious Freedom Report. Relations among religious and ethnic groups--between Jews and non-Jews, Muslims and Christians, Arabs and non-Arabs, secular and religious Jews, and among the different streams of Judaism--often were strained during the reporting period. This was due primarily to the continuing Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the Government's unequal treatment of non-Orthodox Jews, including the Government's recognition of only Orthodox Jewish religious authorities in personal and some civil status matters concerning Jews.

http://www.state.gov...2009/127349.htm

OK, just for that I would resort into your childish game and say that I could easily report you for repeating vile anti-Semitic accusations against Israel without any base whatsoever - the old "Jews want to take over the world" blood libel now channeled through they myth that Israel wants to take over the middle east. However, I won't, because that would be stretching it, plus I don't need to accuse you of anything because you make a fool of yourself by claiming that anyhow. In any case, just so you know, this exact claim is being used by radical Islamists, Hamas and Al-Qaeda included. Sheesh.

Okay, here is a fairy tale for you...

Once upon a time Palestine had 600,000+ Jews and 1,300,000 million Palestinians... 750,000 Palestinians were expelled from their homes and lands. Then there was an electorate of 600,000+ Jews and 100,000+ Palestinians in the newly declared state of Israel. This self proclaimed "Jewish State and democracy" refused to grant these Palestinians the right of return their OWN homeland for time immemorial.

#70    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postand then, on 13 May 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Gotcha!  So any means necessary to rid the world of this problem is okay, right?  To paraphrase the words of a Red Ryder song - "we're wise to you this time, no more final solutions"
Deny it if you like BJ, but the result of what you preach INEXORABLY leads to that conclusion.  And it's ashamed you should be.

I can always rely on you twist things around. My post was dealing with the often whine of Christian Zionists and their claim that the Jews have historical rights to the lands whether or not they even have an real lineage to ancient Jews or not.

#71    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 13 May 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I can always rely on you twist things around. My post was dealing with the often whine of Christian Zionists and their claim that the Jews have historical rights to the lands whether or not they even have an real lineage to ancient Jews or not.
I stand corrected then.  So are you saying that the HUMAN BEINGS who call themselves Jews who are living in the land today are illegitimate and should be removed by any means necessary?  Because THAT is what your clients, the Palestinians, believe.  So what is it BJ?  If they have no right to be there then how, exactly, would you remove them - especially considering they are quite willing to die to defend what they so foolishly (in your opinion) believe is their home?

#72    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

All criminals claim innocence before a judge and cries injustice from the gallows .... the Zionists are no different ...
they go one step further to disregard and totally ignore international 'Laws' by claiming and insisting to be 'victims.

There is an old Chinese saying .... 'A thief that cries theft, an assaulter that cries for help .... ' it is the lowest of the lowest of all criminals ....

~edit : for clarity's sake

Edited by third_eye, 13 May 2013 - 10:43 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#73    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 13 May 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

All criminals claim innocence before a judge and cries injustice from the gallows .... the Zionists are no different ...
they go one step further to disregard and totally ignore international 'Laws' by claiming and insisting to be 'victims.

There is an old Chinese saying .... 'A thief that cries theft, an assaulter that cries for help .... ' it is the lowest of the lowest of all criminals ....

~edit : for clarity's sake
Again with the hedging.  What's the matter third?  Can't just say fry them all?  If you really are being just then offer a real solution - not just a one sided list of demands that are totally unworkable in the real world.  But they don't DESERVE that consideration do they?  Much too evil are the Joos.

#74    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,645 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

View Postand then, on 13 May 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Again with the hedging.  What's the matter third?  Can't just say fry them all?  If you really are being just then offer a real solution - not just a one sided list of demands that are totally unworkable in the real world.  But they don't DESERVE that consideration do they?  Much too evil are the Joos.

Your one sided mentality is not infectious .... you are the discriminator here and can't play when there's no other to play by your filthy rules ...
I can understand the Israelis when they stand by their conviction ... you on the other hand just derives pleasure from the suffering from all that suffers

Posted Image

Albert would be the first to tell you you know nothing of the Jews ... at least have the conviction to spell it right.
You want links that you can ignore or are you too gutless to search for the 'truth' that don't color your convictions 'pretty' ?
You play in your malicious trash den .... don't cry when no one wants to play with you there ...

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#75    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 14 May 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

Your one sided mentality is not infectious .... you are the discriminator here and can't play when there's no other to play by your filthy rules ...
I can understand the Israelis when they stand by their conviction ... you on the other hand just derives pleasure from the suffering from all that suffers

Posted Image

Albert would be the first to tell you you know nothing of the Jews ... at least have the conviction to spell it right.
You want links that you can ignore or are you too gutless to search for the 'truth' that don't color your convictions 'pretty' ?
You play in your malicious trash den .... don't cry when no one wants to play with you there ...
Still no answers - just more misdirection.  It's like the hateful bleating of sheep -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users