Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Armless man refused visa as no fingerprints

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,643 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Gotta love bureaucracy haven't you?  So - an armless artist wants to visit the UK, but as he cant offer fingerprints...the computer says NO!

Give me a break pleeeaase!!   And even if they do give him a visa - the next issue will be a lack of signature...

Armless artist Karipbek Kuyukov 'denied entry' to UK

A Kazakh artist who was born without arms says that he could not get permission to enter the UK last month because he could not give fingerprints. Karipbek Kuyukov planned to attend an anti-nuclear conference in Edinburgh.

But he got a letter from the British Consulate in Istanbul saying his "biometrics were of poor quality" and asking him to resubmit his application.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22428923

jobs-worths eh?

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

He has foot prints,and iris identification ,which are just as individual as finger prints . That's messed up

Miss me?

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Maybe he could give them a toe print.  I mean, come on if your born with out arms isn't there a back up plan.

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,643 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

Perhaps as an armless artist he paints with his feet or mouth, in either case, (if he paints) he may be able to do something like a signature. People who use their legs in place of arms can do some amazing things

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#5    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

The only time I've had to give anyone fingerprints was when I was arrested. Never for a passport! I guess the person who was processing the request wasn't very thorough.

Edited by Murk, 06 May 2013 - 08:55 PM.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#6    Paradoxum

Paradoxum

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 May 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

He has foot prints,and iris identification ,which are just as individual as finger prints . That's messed up

And DNA of course ;)

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - A. Einstein

#7    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

View Postseeder, on 06 May 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Perhaps as an armless artist he paints with his feet or mouth, in either case, (if he paints) he may be able to do something like a signature. People who use their legs in place of arms can do some amazing things

DJ Pascal Kleiman

Guy is a legend. :tu:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,643 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

and another:

Armless man fixes cellphones, shoots guns, does woodwork, and uses a machete to chop what looks like coconuts!!

(Not in English but you can see what he does)

#9    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:15 PM

Incredible that one. That's proper adaption. It's great knowing that they can live a good life. :tu:

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,794 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

If his biometrics were of poor quality, that means that he does have alternatives to fingerprints, but whatever was provided by the government in Istanbul was not clear enough for the UK government to deem it acceptable. The article further states that his visa was not refused, so I don't know how such an extra-ordinary leap to him being refused a visa was made.

If anything, the UK government should realise that not every country is going to have 21st century up-to-the-moment technology to provide clear biometrics to other countries when necessary, as in this case.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,013 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

I heard the real reason he was refused a visa is cos he has previous for trying to bring arms into the country!

Allegedly.

Edited by Eldorado, 06 May 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#12    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,664 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostCoffey, on 06 May 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

DJ Pascal Kleiman

Guy is a legend. :tu:

It's amazing how dexterous he is with his feet. Like how he pulled the cd out of the rest of the CDs in the drawer.

#13    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostOrcseeker, on 06 May 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

It's amazing how dexterous he is with his feet. Like how he pulled the cd out of the rest of the CDs in the drawer.

Yeah it's literally like using his feet as hands and I struggle to pick up a pen using my feet. lol

#14    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,664 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostCoffey, on 07 May 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Yeah it's literally like using his feet as hands and I struggle to pick up a pen using my feet. lol

Yeh It kinda reminded me of how some apes use their feet like extra hands... I guess our feet have slightly evolved to suit walking but the ability is still there if we put some training into it.

#15    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Fair enough. For all we know he could have been a previously unsuccessful suicide bomber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users