Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 29th Amendment

RavenHawk

I have always supported a Balanced Budget Amendment, hence the 28th but I think I’ve figured out what the 29th should be. We’ve been hearing a lot lately of the term “Unintentional Legislative Consequences”. That is a situation that occurs during the writing of the regulations for a new law. If you look at any bill, it is filled with a lot of vague language. If the bill is passed, someone sits down to write the regulations that will govern the new law. Hence, Pelosi’s infamous statement that “we have to pass the bill before we can see what’s in it.” During the writing of the regulations, situations arise that were not intended in the original bill. Do those that do the writing *catch* these situations? How do they rectify or even reconcile these anomalies? What authority do they have to do so? This is how monstrous badly written laws get passed. There should be an Amendment that states that the regulations must be written and any anomalies addressed and corrected before a bill is voted on. This should encourage short, common sense laws that cannot be used to usurp the Constitution due to Unintentional Legislative Consequences even by those wanting the best intentions.

• Like 1

Saddest part is you're asking for an amendment the requires these guys do their job.

• Like 1

Saddest part is you're asking for an amendment the requires these guys do their job.

That is very true. Both of them are government limiting, as it should be.

Unintended Consequences DO NOT occur during the writing of any piece of legislation, no.

The consequences occur during the ENFORCEMENT of said legislation. When the rubber meets the road, as the law is applied and enforced, unintended consequences, some good, most bad, become apparent.

Unintended Consequences DO NOT occur during the writing of any piece of legislation, no.

The consequences occur during the ENFORCEMENT of said legislation. When the rubber meets the road, as the law is applied and enforced, unintended consequences, some good, most bad, become apparent.

Well then, it’s a little bit of both isn’t it? Many Conservatives will see the unintended consequences in the bill before it is passed and most Liberals won’t see it until the rubber meets the road.

I have not bought into that "liberal/conserative" model for many years. Labels can be helpful many times, but are more often misleading and incomplete.

My 'liberal' friends call me conservative, and my 'conservative' friends call me liberal. Oh, the inadequacy of language....