Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Sphinx head - Is it the original?

sphinx egyptology egyptian sphinx egypt schoch

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#181    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

It might be that the strange angle is just a clue, an ancient clue that it is all about angles. It is the angle of the Great Pyramid that is so important, its seked or height to base ratio which with its location and the angles to other sites over great distances is the secret meaning in the construction of a Great Design. It was clearly meant to be found at some time in the future and an odd angled layout may be meant to direct us to look at the angles to work out the mystery.

#182    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 25 June 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Aquatus I` am sincere, even though I added the smiles cause I don`nt want anyone all mad at me for my questions:)

The smilies don't help when your questions don't reflect what is being said.  There is a limit to how much you can misunderstand.

Now you saying that Khrafe`s pryamid was made frist ,then the cause way and the temples  like in this picture,

Yes.

only at a angle to avoid the rock cropping,

No.  At an angle to avoid Khufu's quarry.  They also angled it far enough away so that they wouldn't have to carve away the rock outcropping, and so they wouldn't be looking over a quarry every time they used the causeway, but that was for aesthetics, not because of engineering.

but what is to say that rock cropping of the lelf over quarry of khufu`s was not already carved into the image of the Sphinx?

That has already been answered.  Multiple times.  Repeating yourself does not, in any way, shape, or form, affect the answer that has been given.  If you do not understand the answer, then ask for clarification about the answer given.  If you refuse to acknowledge the answer, that is your concern and yours alone, but it is the primary reason why your sincerity is in question.

#183    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postlaver, on 25 June 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

It might be that the strange angle is just a clue, an ancient clue that it is all about angles. It is the angle of the Great Pyramid that is so important, its seked or height to base ratio which with its location and the angles to other sites over great distances is the secret meaning in the construction of a Great Design. It was clearly meant to be found at some time in the future and an odd angled layout may be meant to direct us to look at the angles to work out the mystery.

Why would you assume the Egyptians did something like this?

What in their entire history hints that they were the kind of people to indulge in this sort of exercise?

#184    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 25 June 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Why would you assume the Egyptians did something like this?

What in their entire history hints that they were the kind of people to indulge in this sort of exercise?

That is the whole point. The 'entire history' of the Egyptians does not explain how such an amazingly talented culture came into being so quickly. Where did this skill and knowledge come from ? It was happening at other places in the world at about the same time....

#185    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postlaver, on 25 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

That is the whole point. The 'entire history' of the Egyptians does not explain how such an amazingly talented culture came into being so quickly. Where did this skill and knowledge come from ? It was happening at other places in the world at about the same time....

How does it not?  We have a clear timeline of Egyptian engineering, progressively going from simple to complex, stretching all the way back from the first mastabas to the Bent Pyramid, to the great pyramids, with plenty of example salong the way.  More importantly, we have the ancient complexes that display their skills far more magnificently than any simple pyramid does.  The Temple Of Karnac is much, much, more impressive than the Great Pyramid at Giza, in terms of pure engineering.

And while it was likely happening in other places around the world at the time, remember that it was also happeneing all around the world at all different times in history.  Masonry technology has been discovered and re-discovered time and time again by all sorts of cultures all throughout time.

In other words, it ain't that hard to figure out.

#186    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,375 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

The smilies don't help when your questions don't reflect what is being said.  There is a limit to how much you can misunderstand.

Yes.

No.  At an angle to avoid Khufu's quarry.  They also angled it far enough away so that they wouldn't have to carve away the rock outcropping, and so they wouldn't be looking over a quarry every time they used the causeway, but that was for aesthetics, not because of engineering.

That has already been answered.  Multiple times.  Repeating yourself does not, in any way, shape, or form, affect the answer that has been given.  If you do not understand the answer, then ask for clarification about the answer given.  If you refuse to acknowledge the answer, that is your concern and yours alone, but it is the primary reason why your sincerity is in question.

Sorry but I don`nt see any thing wrong in my repeated  questions of the sphinx being there before khafe`s buildings.

Posted Image

#187    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,475 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Because you refuse to look.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#188    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,549 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 25 June 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

There is a limit to how much you can misunderstand.

Hmmm. Sorry, sir. If my time here has taught me any one thing, it's that statement is completely untrue.

EDIT: The general second person "you", not you specifically, aquatus.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 26 June 2013 - 01:49 AM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#189    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Postlaver, on 25 June 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

"Came into being so quickly" by whose estimation? The Ancient Egyptians were making mastabas, the precursors of pyramids, from late predynastic times. Which means they had 600+ years of experience under their belt in construction technologies/techniques. That's hardly "so quickly".

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#190    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 26 June 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

Hmmm. Sorry, sir. If my time here has taught me any one thing, it's that statement is completely untrue.

I...admit to letting my unfounded expectations color the reality in front of me.

#191    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 26 June 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Sorry but I don`nt see any thing wrong in my repeated  questions of the sphinx being there before khafe`s buildings.

What is wrong is the refusal to acknowledge the responses given to you and ignoring the questions asked of you.

Edited by aquatus1, 26 June 2013 - 03:32 AM.

#192    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,375 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

Posted Image

If this picture is correct ,the cause way was built at angle  over a quarry formation,  the same quarry formation to the right, the blocks were taken out to build kharfe`s temples,however even further over to the right  that formation was the Sphinx`s but what to say that formation was not already carved as a sphinx  ?

http://www.aeraweb.o...fres-monuments/

#193    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 27 June 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

If this picture is correct ,the cause way was built at angle  over a quarry formation,  the same quarry formation to the right, the blocks were taken out to build kharfe`s temples,however even further over to the right  that formation was the Sphinx`s but what to say that formation was not already carved as a sphinx  ?

http://www.aeraweb.o...fres-monuments/

The limestone used to build Khafre's temple, which is in front of the Sphinx, was taken out of the Sphinx Enclosure and not Khufu's quarry. Which means that until Khafre's temple was complete, which was after Khafre's pyramid, the only thing that would be noticed as a future part of the Sphinx would have been a nob of limestone which would eventually become the head.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#194    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,292 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 26 June 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

I have to admit, I understand aquatus1's frustration. I share it. As aquatus1 mentioned earlier, several of us have provided answers yet you continue to ask the exact same questions—as though in expectation that our answers will change. Several times now I have posted links to the research conclusions of the Giza Plateau Mapping Project, but it seems clear to me you haven't perused any of their web pages.

I've already read their entire site, so I'm not posting the links for my own benefit. Mind you, their conclusions are based on diligent scientific and archaeological investigations which span many years. Were you to read the web pages carefully, most if not all of the questions you've asked would've been answered for you.

But you keep asking the same questions. Hence our frustration.

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#195    born2run

born2run

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "I am afeared there are few die well that die in battle".
    King Henry V,Act IV. Scene i.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Nope, what is up there now , was not the "original", suposedly, but not being an "expert' in all things made in Egypt, I had read somehwere, no idea where, that the original head was that modeled after that of an African male lion. :w00t:  Yeah, I know but since I wasn''t around when the darn thing was created, I can only  go by what I read and hope the authors have some degree of 'honesty' in their presentation. :yes:

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. :no:

Also tagged with sphinx, egyptology, egyptian sphinx, egypt, schoch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users