Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Sphinx head - Is it the original?

sphinx egyptology egyptian sphinx egypt schoch

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#61    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 May 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Harte from your link:

This means the Uan Muhuggiag mummy only predates the Egyptian mummification process by about 500 years.

Only is 500 years. Only. Then USA exist less then only. Mongolian empire is less then only. 500 years is a lot when we talk about civilizations, cultures.
In geological and cosmical scale is less then blink. But we dont talk about geology or cosmology.

Harte imagine what would you say on this:
The fact that weve simply not found Atlantis yet does not mean nobody ever will.

Lets stick to what we have. Fact that AE are unique is beside their geography is that they have left much more then rest of civilizations. So ...

Since AE were able to carved granite and diorite from pre dynastic times Im quite sure that they would carved some hieroglyphs on some artifcat or building.

None culture in Egypt ever used mace then mace appears as common thing as part of elites. Thats suddenly.

You just can believe that AE invented their hieroglyphs. You cant be sure.

While Harte may have been going with the main date from his link in acquiring the 500 year figure, it actually says at the bottom of same:

“Some bodies were found at a site called Hierakonpolis in the southern part of the Nile Valley. They show signs of mummification with resin and linen and they go back to around 3400 BC,” the assistant keeper in the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan told BBC News Online.

So while the evidence for someone being mummified and placed in a coffin within a tomb may be different by 500 years, actual remains that have gone through the mummification process in general are only 100 years younger than the Uan Muhuggiag Boy. Considering what's still unknown about pre-dynastic/early dynastic Egypt, that is practically contemporary.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#62    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 May 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

So while the evidence for someone being mummified and placed in a coffin within a tomb may be different by 500 years, actual remains that have gone through the mummification process in general are only 100 years younger than the Uan Muhuggiag Boy. Considering what's still unknown about pre-dynastic/early dynastic Egypt, that is practically contemporary.

cormac

So what is you saying, that they were spontaneous separate inventions?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#63    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 May 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

So what is you saying, that they were spontaneous separate inventions?

No, I'm saying you're making too much of a big deal about the 500 year figure. Much of the early mummification process, based on the available evidence, was utilized across a large area of North Africa during the middle of the 4th millenium BC. This does not position one place over the other as an origin point for the development of mummification. Nor should it be seen as doing so, IMO. Particularly since what we know is based on two areas, Uan Muhuggiag and Hierakonpolis, being 1370 miles apart (point to point).

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#64    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

cormac are you aware where were we in 1513? Do you know how many history events happened in between? Im not making too much a big deal.
Especially in the contest we discuss.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#65    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 May 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

cormac are you aware where were we in 1513? Do you know how many history events happened in between? Im not making too much a big deal.
Especially in the contest we discuss.

Who's "we"? My ancestors were in Northwest Europe at the time with the earliest having come to America in 1610. I'm well aware of much of what they went through in that 97 year period from your date to mine. There wasn't a whole lot of change in that short span of time.

cormac

#66    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 May 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

There wasn't a whole lot of change in that short span of time.

cormac

I start to think that saying "Every sign of potence in one area is sign of impotence in another area" is true.
With all your great knowledge in ancient world you then show minor or no knowledge at all in other periods of history.

Edited by the L, 18 May 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#67    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

We as h.s.s.

#68    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 May 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

I start to think that saying "Every potence is sign of other impotence" is true.
With all your great knowledge in ancient world you then show minor or no knowledge at all in other periods of history.

Can you show evidence of anything similar to the first occurances of mummification happening at two points 1370 miles apart, between 1513 and 1610. Because if you can't, you really have no point.

cormac

#69    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:54 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 May 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Can you show evidence of anything similar to the first occurances of mummification happening at two points 1370 miles apart, between 1513 and 1610. Because if you can't, you really have no point.

cormac

I dont need anything similar. I dont need analogy. Its you have different perception of time because it happend in distant past.
100 years will always be 100 years.
But time is relative as Einstein said. Spending hour on UM is like minute. While Im with some boring meeting one minute seems like hour.
So in that sense I understand that we have different concept of times.

In 10 years you could walk from Egypt to Lybia and back.

#70    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postthe L, on 18 May 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

I dont need anything similar. I dont need analogy. Its you have different perception of time because it happend in distant past.
But time is relative as Einstein said. Spending hour on UM is like minute. While Im with some boring meeting one minute seems like hour.
So in that sense I understand that we have different concept of times.

In 10 years you could walk from Egypt to Lybia and back.

In other words you've got nothing. Okay, glad we got that settled.

cormac

#71    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 May 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

In other words you've got nothing. Okay, glad we got that settled.

cormac

Your interpretation is wrong. Read agian. But this time pay attention.

Edited by the L, 19 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#72    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

cormac I thought always that you was stricked for details. Obviously I was wrong.
You can enjoy in your utopia that mummification start in Egypt.
Now... I m glad that we got that settled.

Edited by the L, 19 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#73    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,686 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

View Postthe L, on 19 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

cormac I thought always that you was stricked for details. Obviously I was wrong.
You can enjoy in your utopia that mummification start in Egypt.
Now... I m glad that we got that settled.

Evidently you didn't understand what I said, to whit:

This does not position one place over the other as an origin point for the development of mummification.

Which means I never stated mummification started in Egypt. But then again, you've not shown that it originated in Libya either. That you want 100 years and 1370+ miles distance to be more than it is is totally beside the point.

cormac

#74    outoftheordinary88

outoftheordinary88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

there was a documentary i saw not to long ago debating over the age of the egyptians it seemed that the sphynx was under water once when there was a lake in that part of egypt the debate was that the lake was there way before the hystory tells us egyptians excisted my theory is yes the body might be older then egyptians but they built the head in their time therefore the head looks dissportionate because it was built at a later time in history

#75    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 19 May 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Evidently you didn't understand what I said, to whit:

Which means I never stated mummification started in Egypt. But then again, you've not shown that it originated in Libya either. That you want 100 years and 1370+ miles distance to be more than it is is totally beside the point.

cormac

True I never showed because I dont know where were borders of pre dynastic Egypt. Maybe same peole in Lybia lived in Egypt.
But what I silently and secretly suggest is that maybe it was like Roman empire. After they declined in west, east rises.

If its not the same people then I think I prove point that mummies originiate outside from Egypt.

Also that all doesnt change fact that hieroglyphs and mace appears suddenly.

Also tagged with sphinx, egyptology, egyptian sphinx, egypt, schoch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users