Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Three US women missing for years found alive

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:59 AM

Amanda Berry disappeared aged 16 in 2003, while Gina DeJesus went missing at the age of 14 a year later.
They and Michele Knight, 32, who vanished in 2002 at the age of 20, were found in a house in the city of Cleveland, police confirmed. All are said to be in good health in hospital.

A 52-year-old suspect has been arrested in connection with the case.
In a frantic call to police, Ms Berry identified her captor as Ariel Castro, and said she had escaped after he had left the house.

http://www.newsnet5....e#ixzz2SZ7ZZkiT

(this story has made it accross the pond, im in the UK and this mornings news is flodded with the 999 call)

Edited by Saru, 09 May 2013 - 08:37 PM.
Added source link

Posted Image

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:33 AM

I was standing in a Boston Market yesterday,and some guy was on the phone with his girlfriend,freaking out . He got off the phone,and recounted this story about one of these girls ,to all of us ,who were perplexed by his aggitation on the phone  . His girlfriend had been a childhood playmate of hers ,and she lived one block from where she has been found .
He said I'm sure you will hear this one the news

Miss me?

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

And in the meantime CNN is more interested in an interview with some guy about "Gucci" for goodness sake, how irritating.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Wow, you don't usually hear of good news when people have been missing for so long.  I bet their families can't believe it!

It's probably going to be tough for the women now, 10 years is a very long time to be locked away.  Hopefully they will get all the help and support they will need to deal with their experiences.

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

There was an article about this on Yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.co...-084650558.html

Police said one of the brothers who was arrested, a 52-year-old, lived at the home, and the others, ages 50 and 54, lived elsewhere.
Ramsey, the neighbor, said he'd barbecued with the home's owner and never suspected anything was amiss.
"There was nothing exciting about him — well, until today," he said.
Julio Castro, who runs a grocery store half a block from where the women were found, said the homeowner arrested is his nephew, Ariel Castro.
Berry also identified Ariel Castro by name in her 911 call.
Attempts to reach Ariel Castro in jail were unsuccessful Monday. Messages to the sheriff's office and a jail spokesman went unanswered, and there was no public phone listing for the home, which was being searched by dozens of police officers and sheriff's deputies.
The uncle said Ariel Castro had worked as a school bus driver. The Cleveland school district confirmed he was a former employee but wouldn't release details.

My God!
These guys should be shot. No, scratch that. They oughta have their *you know what* cut off and burned in front of them. This is just sick....

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,284 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

There is a big buzz on the news about this and rightly so... Im getting quite interested to see how this pans out and what further details are released, especially now the FBI are involved. Reports already saying the three men involved will be likely jailed for ever. See how they like being a captive for years.  :tu:

Hope may remain for other missing children, like the UK's Madeleine McCann

Some more news

http://www.dailymail...s-arrested.html

Got a feeling this story will be BIG NEWS for some time to come... especially after Boston Bombing, the US needs some good news for once

Edited by seeder, 07 May 2013 - 12:54 PM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,149 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I feel a little funny about wanting to know more details.   10 years is a long time.  Was it constant raping?   Pregnancies?

#8    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,651 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

I hope they do keep them jailed forever and have to submit to their captors.

That man that helped set them free is a hero.  Some people would of kept on walking.

#9    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostMyles, on 07 May 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I feel a little funny about wanting to know more details.   10 years is a long time.  Was it constant raping?   Pregnancies?
Probably did rape them constantly.

#10    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,284 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostMyles, on 07 May 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

well while its grim to think about it, I think its a possibility,  3 brothers and 3 kidnapped girls maybe a clue.... but how did they avoid pregnancies? or maybe they didnt and - well its pointless to speculate as the news will be updating endlessly with details of the case. Remember that Austrian man called Fritz or something, who kept his daughter in the cellar for 20 plus years?

There are some proper nasty sick weirdos in this world

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

At least their free, but the damage is done. Poor girls. And there was a child there too. :no:

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

Good thing UM members aren't their, and others, judge, jury and executioner.  We would boil them in oil, cut off a few appendages, then hang them.

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,651 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

Here's a video interview they did with the man that rescued the women.

http://boingboing.ne..._medium=twitter

#14    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Nice to have some good news for a change. I hope these women get the support they need to try and pick up where there lives were taken from them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#15    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,980 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

As hard as I try, I cannot think of a fitting punishment for the animals that did this.

Robbing those poor girls and thier families of their lives for over 10 years?  Imagine the hell those people went through.

I can't seem to think of anything that is fitting.  Death just doesn't seem to be enough here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users