Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Three US women missing for years found alive

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 11,911 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

Has Michelle turned up yet?

'Michelle Knight was rescued last week from more than 10 years in captivity, but her family still doesn't know exactly where she is.'
http://edition.cnn.c...?iref=allsearch

#122    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,374 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

The US man accused of imprisoning three women for about a decade in his house in Ohio will plead not guilty to all charges, his lawyers say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22543247

Posted Image

#123    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

The US man accused of imprisoning three women for about a decade in his house in Ohio will plead not guilty to all charges, his lawyers say.

Hmm...wonder how this will play out? Will they try and claim that the women were there out of their own free will or something? :unsure2:

#124    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

any more news on this? case has had no more tv time in the uk?

Posted Image

#125    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,160 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 19 May 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

any more news on this? case has had no more tv time in the uk?

this from yesterday, 27th May:

Experts admit it is unlikely for Cleveland kidnapper to be given the death penalty

It is highly unlikely that Ariel Castro will face the death penalty charge for kidnapping three women for almost a decade- but he may face life imprisonment under Ohio's strict fetal homicide laws.

Capital punishment experts explained that any attempt to bring death penalty charges against the former school bus driver face constitutional questions over the definition of a murder victim for the purposes of a death penalty case.

Cuyahoga County prosecutor Tim McGinty said at a news conference on May 9th, days after the women were rescued from Castro's run-down home, that capital punishment 'must be reserved for those crimes that are truly the worst examples of human conduct.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#126    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,749 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

UPDATE

http://abcnews.go.co...20#.Ubm8Wpwj70d

Ariel Castro, the Ohio man accused of keeping three kidnapped women captive in his home for a decade, pleaded not guilty today to 329 counts of rape, torture and murder.

further down in the article.....

A grand jury indicted Castro on 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#127    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,511 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostMabon, on 13 June 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

I guess I don't understand kidnapping laws.    177 counts of kidnapping?

I wonder what his brother gets.

#128    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

As far as the news goes, the brothers haven't been charged in relation to Ariel Castro's crimes.

177 counts of kidnapping who knows how they arrived at this? You would think that they could charge for each adult held 10 years and every fourth is a leap year 3652 days per per adult x three= 10,950 days. Then add the age of the little girl, six, so tack on 2191. In total the number is 13,141 days of kidnapping (or roughly there about). Each day they were held you could say is an additional kidnap charge. How they only came to the number they did is beyond me?

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon, 14 June 2013 - 02:34 PM.

One need not be a house;

#129    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,749 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

UPDATE!

Ariel Castro kidnapped Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight while they were teenagers and held them captive in his Cleveland home for 10 years. He agreed to a plea deal on Friday to spare himself the death penalty, and will officially be sentenced Thursday to life in prison with an additional 1,000 years.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...6#ixzz2aWJxIDXh

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

#130    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,160 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostMabon, on 30 July 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

UPDATE!

Mabon.

Plus a thousand years on top!! GOOD. Hope he ROTS in jail :tu:

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#131    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,749 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

I always think when they give a sentence like that they should keep the persons urn and not let them be buried for the length of their sentence. But that's just me....

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

#132    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,160 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostMabon, on 30 July 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I always think when they give a sentence like that they should keep the persons urn and not let them be buried for the length of their sentence. But that's just me....

Mabon.

And I always think the sentence should fit the crime, so, why not hand him over to the big nasty gay prisoners, so he can be tied up and treated like a sex toy?   maybe he'd get the message a bit quicker how that feels

#133    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,749 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well..... I know what he did but me personally couldn't do that. I don't like what he did but do not think that an act of violence against him would teach him anything other than what he already knew. Most people who are like him are like him because they were victims of sexual/physical abuse too. In no way shape or form do I think it excuses anyone who then continues the cycle of violence (there is always a choice to not act on those violent impulses) and besides it gives him attention. IMHO the worst thing would be that he is forgotten and let to himself with no one to con no one to get a reaction from.. That for his type is hell.

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon, 30 July 2013 - 03:55 PM.

One need not be a house;

#134    Myles

Myles

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,511 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Not me.   I'd like to see him suffer physically.    I think he would like to just be forgotten and live his life out in a jail cell.

#135    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,410 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:51 PM

Glad to see him punished. Hopefully he will be in the general prison population.

I wonder how he came be this way.  He used to be a married man and a father of a daughter.   Just one bad decision after another, I guess. His mind must have so many layers of self-deception built on top of each other.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users