Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Three US women missing for years found alive

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#91    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostMyles, on 09 May 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

If an 18 year old at a party is convicted of raping an intoxicated girl, he should absolutely be prosecuted, but i don't think that means he is no longer able to be a healthy functioning individual.  Mistakes were made, but i find it different than someone who violently targets a girl.  As most experts say, violent rapists have issues where sex is not the primary reason.   some rapes do not fall into the same catagory.   All are b*******, but some are screwed up in the head.

I think the only thing we agree on is that all rapist should be prosecuted, but the rest, Wow! I strongly disagree with.

Think about what you're saying, an 18 yr old raping an intoxicated person is a mistake. 18 is the average age for a rapist to start acting on their impulse to rape.  Rapist when they are starting out want victims that will resist the least because they are inexperienced at controlling a victim. Even if it is a crime of opportunity this still is a fantasy for the person who commits the act and doesn't mean they won't re-offend but indeed may escalate. It used to be locker room humor that all women wanted to have sex but had to say no or look loose. Ply them with drinks so their inhibitions were lower and they wouldn't fight or would say yes. This mentality is from the 50's but continues to this day.

A mistake isn't raping someone! It's a freaking horrible crime! Calling it a mistake, while grammatically technically correct, makes it sound trivial or accidental. Like the two football players who raped the girl from West Virginia,(she was underage, a drunk child they raped) you could tell that they didn't think they had done anything wrong... until they were convicted. If that had been my son, first I'd have wondered what the hell I had done wrong raising him if he thought taking advantage of a person who was incapacitated and raping them or seeing/knowing that it was happening yet doing nothing to prevent it was normal acceptable behavior. Second if his sentence didn't last until he turned 18 his butt would be going to military academy until he turned 18, with plenty of counseling until he graduated. After he finished military school he would be dead to me! It would be good by, good luck don't ever contact me again. and I mean every word I've written!

An example of a ply with drinks rapist and the boyfriend (an ex marine) who tricked the guy into confessing!
http://videos.huffin...517415330  Good on this guy!

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#92    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

More thoughts: if you could go back in time and take care of Ariel Castro, would you also take care of his parents and uncle? Then their parents and family who probably victimized them? And keep going back?

Imagine all those you would tortue and kill by then.

How many would you torture today? There are plenty of humans with issues who do horrible things now. How many would you kill? What kind of human would you be then? An animal or monster or just a human?

What you have in common with Ariel Castro is you too do not value human life. You would dehumanize another.

You would take us back to the stone age with your ideas of torture being right in and "under certain circumstances".

It is never right.

And some want to stiffen their jaw and hold onto their belief that torture for some is OK.

Or they want to laugh about it and want a pat on their back because they want to hurt the bad guys.

In the end they do have something in common with the bad guys, does not matter if you never tortured anyone, fact is you would and they could turn out to be innocent.

The fact some would torture and hold on to their beliefs makes them like the bad guys. They can reevaluate and change their ideas of right and wrong in order not to share this common feature with them.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 10 May 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#93    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Leave Brittany Alone,

Sometimes when a case like this comes along people need to blow off steam. Thinking the most dire extreme thing to do to a perpetrator is a way for them to do so without actually harming someone, it's like playing Diablo or other violent video game (no actual demons were harmed). Now people in this thread have been expressing their rage but none have crossed the line into graphic description, which considering this board is PG 13, is commendable. But push come to shove, I don't think anyone who has made comments would actually carry through. It might be best to save some of energy that you have and turn it toward the topic not trying to instill better morals in the other posters, whom unless they are typing from prison, are doing fine.

You brought up the suicide letter that he wrote back in 2004. In the letter he admits that he knows he is a predator and needs help.... so why didn't he turn himself in instead of abducting three women? If he had the presence of mind to know that he wasn't normal he could have stopped himself and gotten help before committing a series of criminal acts. This does happen, people who have been abused and molested themselves know what happened to them isn't normal and there are a lot of complicated feeling for victims of childhood abuse (sexual, physical and emotional) to sort out or they are at high risk of being offenders themselves. Mostly it's because they have a lot of rage, self image issues and feelings of powerlessness. Their views of sex are skewed if they have been sexually victimized and a segment of abuse victims honestly may not know what is inappropriate sexual interaction however, most do. This is a perfect opportunity to let victims know that the time to get help is prior to them offending in their own right and that they should reach out and not carry or try to sort out what happened to them by themselves. Reach out often and make enough noise to get the help they need so the cycle of abuse can stop!

I have great skepticism about his intent to commit suicide or anything in that letter mostly because no one has said anything to indicate that he suffered from depression or indicated through other clues that he felt this way, of course it is early in the case. Most people who honestly intend to commit suicide indicate several ways that they are in crisis prior to killing themselves. Mostly the news reports are that he was a violent controlling person or the flip he was a nice easy going fellow, which is the mask or game face predators wear to hide the rage monster that lives within them.

You talk about the children of rape and this is pertinent to the issue considering there is a six year old child. Not everyone can view a child who is the product of rape with love or acceptance if they can good on them, if they can't I understand that too. It's not anyone place to tell another person how or what they should feel about a circumstance as personal as carrying a child of rape. In Bosnia or other countries plagued by war where rape is apart of the terror of the landscape of that war it does pose a different problem or series of emotions because of a large number of the population/generation being the offspring of rape. Granted the children of rape if brought to term should be placed in a loving home if the biological Mother cannot deal with the emotions of having the child of her rapist. No one should have to deal with something that is beyond their emotional capacity to handle. I do understand it isn't the fault of the child, it didn't ask to be conceived the way it was and it deserves a life free of the stigma of it's birth. I also don't see the point of ruining two lives for some antiquated notion of dealing with your shame at being raped. Which is why I don't believe in marrying the rapist, that is an antiquated notion which equates women as chattel and once used by a man, unless that man takes her for himself is soiled goods. Women aren't chattel and the days of blaming the victim are over! It's well past time to put the blame where it belongs, on the rapist!

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

#94    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

What an angel. Yeah, let's just give him a hug.

EXCLUSIVE: How Cleveland 'kidnapper' told his wife what to eat, how to wear her skirts, even ordered her into a cardboard box and eventually he 'killed her'
  • Ariel Castro was 'obsessive' about ordering around his first wife, Grimilda Figueroa, according to her sister Elida Caraballo
  • Grimilda Figueroa died last year of injuries that her family claims were caused by Castro
  • Mrs Caraballo said that Castro once ordered her sister,to go into a cardboard box and not get out until he said so

http://www.dailymail...dboard-box.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#95    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,982 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

What an angel. Yeah, let's just give him a hug.

EXCLUSIVE: How Cleveland 'kidnapper' told his wife what to eat, how to wear her skirts, even ordered her into a cardboard box and eventually he 'killed her'
  • Ariel Castro was 'obsessive' about ordering around his first wife, Grimilda Figueroa, according to her sister Elida Caraballo
  • Grimilda Figueroa died last year of injuries that her family claims were caused by Castro
  • Mrs Caraballo said that Castro once ordered her sister,to go into a cardboard box and not get out until he said so
http://www.dailymail...dboard-box.html

Anyone remember the guide book on how and when to beat your wife? It caused uproar, perhaps unsurprisingly...

AN Islamic marriage guide that advises Muslim men on how to beat and control their wives has sparked outrage.

The 160-page 'A Gift For Muslim Couple' tells husbands they may beat wives “by hand or stick” or “pull her by the ears”.

Women are told they must not leave the house without permission.

A wife should “beautify herself” for her man and “fulfil his desires”.

And if she disobeys, a husband may “restrain her with strength or threaten her”.

http://www.thesun.co...g-the-wife.html

(Kindly note I have 'just' linked to an article and certainly do NOT share the opinions or beliefs of the content. it highlights tho that are certain cultural beliefs, or religious, that dont do women any favors at all)

And another source said

"But within the book's opening pages it states that  'it might be necessary to restrain her with strength or even to threaten her.' It continues: 'The husband should treat the wife with kindness and love, even if she tends to be stupid and slow sometimes.'  :td:

http://www.dailymail...hand-stick.html

Edited by seeder, 10 May 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#96    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Addressing the Daily mail article on Ariel Castro beating and controlling his first wife submitted by Sweetpumper...Why in the name of heaven didn't her sister call the cops? If this article is to be believed the family knew and did nothing. Again the conspiracy of silence. *shakes head*

Seeder, it's this type of thinking that has outlived it's time but then in my opinion it never had a time to begin with! Advocating through religion or culture the subjugation of women and children is a blight on the human species!

Mabon.

One need not be a house;

#97    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

More hugs for this misunderstood angel.

The Police Interrogation: Ariel Castro Showed No Remorse, Blamed Victims & Called Himself ‘Cold Blooded’

Posted on May 10, 2013 @ 6:53AM | By David Perel
Posted Image
Landov/Splash News

Ariel Castro remembered the days he kidnapped Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight with precise details, recalling what the girls were wearing, how he met them and took their freedom.
During a police interrogation before he was arraigned, Castro blamed the victims for their own plight and was described as “cocky” and trying to control the interview, sources told WKYC-TV.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 10 May 2013 - 05:35 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#98    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Mabon, thanks for your views and taking the time to read and respond.

Yes, the days of forced marriages and blaming the victim are over.

My point was that some of us are familiar with this angle and awkward family situation, we can see this story has another important angle, and it is not condoning forced marriages...not at all. Just that there are issues not everyone will understand unless they have their own situat)s is about compassion and empathy because some of us have a connection to this case and can relate on some fundamental level.

--------------
--------------

I don't agree with the death penalty but I do believe in the maximum sentence being prescribed for these type of crimes.

It creates a mental dichotomy to hold two opposing views.

I will still advocate for no DP on a general basis.

I will still advocate for the maximum punishment as prescribed by the rule of law to be meted out.

Ariel Castro punched his victims when they became pregnant. Forced abortions.

Now I cannot fathom this horror. I cannot understand who would do that! I feel sick thinking about it and am outraged. How could my own human family do this.

Poor girls. The babies who could have been, wish they had the chance to live. Or at least the mother's had a choice of whether or not to abort.

Send our positive energy to them and if you have it in you also send to the tortured soul of Ariel Castro. I do not have it in me to do so, maybe others can,  maybe I will someday. For now I just am outraged but more so I am hurt and wounded that someone in my human family had to suffer so much. Yet the way I feel is infinitely smaller than what they can and will go through. I feel guilty to feel so bad knowing my life will go on and theirs will to but in another form with this as a lifetimes plague of memory and emotion and constant reminders.

And you are right, can't blame the mother if they don't have it in them, to love a product of rape, so the child suffers maybe, and thus their child in the next generation so Ariel Castro devastates generations here. Those who have this in their family will understand.

Healing takes time but it can take so much it spans lifetimes and generations.

Those who want to harm others know what you will do if you go through. Even the drunk date rape or coercion rapes ruin generations. There is no levels of rape, they destroy all equally.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 10 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#99    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,416 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I'm sending some seriously negative energy Ariel's way.

#100    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'd strap him to a chair and send electricity his way.

#101    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 10 May 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

Mabon, thanks for your views and taking the time to read and respond.

Yes, the days of forced marriages and blaming the victim are over.

My point was that some of us are familiar with this angle and awkward family situation, we can see this story has another important angle, and it is not condoning forced marriages...not at all. Just that there are issues not everyone will understand unless they have their own situat)s is about compassion and empathy because some of us have a connection to this case and can relate on some fundamental level.

--------------
--------------

I don't agree with the death penalty but I do believe in the maximum sentence being prescribed for these type of crimes.

It creates a mental dichotomy to hold two opposing views.

I will still advocate for no DP on a general basis.

I will still advocate for the maximum punishment as prescribed by the rule of law to be meted out.

Ariel Castro punched his victims when they became pregnant. Forced abortions.

Now I cannot fathom this horror. I cannot understand who would do that! I feel sick thinking about it and am outraged. How could my own human family do this.

Poor girls. The babies who could have been, wish they had the chance to live. Or at least the mother's had a choice of whether or not to abort.

Send our positive energy to them and if you have it in you also send to the tortured soul of Ariel Castro. I do not have it in me to do so, maybe others can,  maybe I will someday. For now I just am outraged but more so I am hurt and wounded that someone in my human family had to suffer so much. Yet the way I feel is infinitely smaller than what they can and will go through. I feel guilty to feel so bad knowing my life will go on and theirs will to but in another form with this as a lifetimes plague of memory and emotion and constant reminders.

And you are right, can't blame the mother if they don't have it in them, to love a product of rape, so the child suffers maybe, and thus their child in the next generation so Ariel Castro devastates generations here. Those who have this in their family will understand.

Healing takes time but it can take so much it spans lifetimes and generations.

Those who want to harm others know what you will do if you go through. Even the drunk date rape or coercion rapes ruin generations. There is no levels of rape, they destroy all equally.

Why don't you go write a poem for him.

#102    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

He can start a prison pal correspondence.

#103    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

OMG I had not even seen that poem you just posted either...

#104    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostDan, on 10 May 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why don't you go write a poem for him.

I'll write a poem. What rhymes with "castrated"???

#105    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

the three brothers need to be tied to some train tracks, ran over and dragged.

Edited by The Unseen, 10 May 2013 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users