Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Casey Anthony judge speaks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Blaming the justice system is nice and all, but she was tried by a jury of her peers. They found her innocent and therefore in the eyes of the law (for better or worse) she IS innocent. Better a guilty person go free than an innocent one be locked away. It's far from perfect but it could be a lot worse imho.

#17    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

• Godís drifting in heaven, devilís in the mailbox
    I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

regi, on 07 May 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

It's disheartening to say the least to hear a judge say "even though much of the evidence was circumstantial."
I'll take circumstantial over eye witness every day of the week!

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

#18    applegrove

applegrove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

writerkeith, on 08 May 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Judge Belvin Perry was a hanging judge who was biased in favor of the prosecution. The entire law enforcement establishment, meaning the Florida attorney general Pam Bondi, fellow prosecutors, everyone was rallying behind the prosecution of the accused. Their problem was that it is the jury that decides guilt. Casey Anthony was an is innocent. Read my Harvard article if you dare, http://www.niemanwat...w&askthisid=540

Wow, the comments section in your link really laid it on... It seems a different opinion is an affront to sensitive sensibilities these days! If the media does not feed it to the masses, they don't want to hear it as a general rule. No open discussions just calling you an idiot... sheesh!

Whether Casey Anthony is guilty or not, I don't know (It does seem that she is to me) but I do agree that the media does not need a fair trial to convict someone, and innocent people have trouble recovering their lives after a media slandering.  Not saying she is innocent but innocent peoples lives are ruined because of media all the time.   

I was as shocked as everyone else when she was freed though, and I did not expect her to survive vigilantism.

Visit Me At My Web Home.

#19    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Bavarian Raven, on 26 May 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Blaming the justice system is nice and all, but she was tried by a jury of her peers. They found her innocent and therefore in the eyes of the law (for better or worse) she IS innocent. Better a guilty person go free than an innocent one be locked away. It's far from perfect but it could be a lot worse imho.

Well, she was found not guilty, which means the evidence submitted didnt support her murder charge beyond a reasonable doubt.  Juries cant find an accused "innocent".  
Just working on terminology.  :tu: Sounds better to me since I truly think she did it.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users