Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

why lingerie was modernized in the 1940's

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    sear

sear

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

• "A prudent question is one half of wisdom." William James

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

"brothel" te
Different story.

"how the hell did whale bone end up with this here conversation ?" te
The topic is:

why lingerie was modernized in the 1940's

And whale-bone was one of the things that was modernized out of lingerie.

#32    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postsear, on 08 May 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I thought good sports bras had no wire, either under, or over.

I'm an actual expert "in this area". My expertise results from decades of intensive study, and practical "hands on" experience.

note:
While brassieres have long been promoted for helping to prevent sag, recent study indicates going braless may help prevent sag even better.

I would love to be an expert. Dream Job.

Posted Image

Talk about whistle while you work. Everyday I would do free overtime with a big smile on my face. Not an easy job for a male to get I assure you. You can offer to work for free and still get knocked back. Go figure. I want to work in this industry, but people wont give me a go. Men get so discriminated against! It's a joke!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 08 May 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

the poor whales ....

If my body gets cut up and used to support breasts I am good with that. I reckon that beats rotting in the ground. :w00t:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#34    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostTaun, on 09 May 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

I used to wonder why they thought to try whalebone... I mean... who's ever seen a whale with an hourglass figure?...

Shark Tooth Corsets did not take off too well is why.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Yep, it is real - LINK

#35    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,968 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 May 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

If my body gets cut up and used to support breasts I am good with that. I reckon that beats rotting in the ground. :w00t:

Posted Image

yes it is .........

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#36    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,433 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 31 May 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

... Go figure. I want to work in this industry, but people wont give me a go. Men get so discriminated against! It's a joke!

Just a thought, perhaps all the 'drooling and panting' puts off potential employers?

It's funny...I mean, I'm ok with having boobs and all but there are times (when trotting behind my dogs, at the gym, not being able to wear little tank tops in the hot weather) that 'the girls' become problematic. When I hear the words, 'proper support' I don't think of a building or financial assistance!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#37    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostLilly, on 31 May 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

Just a thought, perhaps all the 'drooling and panting' puts off potential employers?

I recently made a list in my blog of women I'll never spend the rest of my life with.
Now I have to make a list of dream jobs I'll never have. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users