Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

I am going to join the Military.

military navy marines army

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Navy or Marines (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you recommend the Navy or the Marines?

1. Navy (3 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. Marines (3 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Army (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. Air Force (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#106    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Funny my nephew who is Army Infantry which is going on about 2 years now and is E4 just contacted me and told me he is taking online courses for criminal justice, Im happy for him! I hope I have similar opportunities in the Marines.

#107    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,726 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Good luck, then.  Remember, don't accept anything less than E3 and a school and, above all remember, you can walk out at any time, up to and including when you, your recruiter, and the MEPS officer are sitting at table, with the crappy contract on the table, holding a pen in your hand, with everyone staring at you and waiting for you to sign.

Don't trade in four years of your life unless you are getting exactly what you want for them.

#108    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Thanks, you obviously feel very strongly about this, I thank you for being so frank and sincere about all of this.

#109    Contract Killer Romeo

Contract Killer Romeo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• "I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

marines can only give you max e-2, with 24 college credits.

#110    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostContract Killer Romeo, on 21 May 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

marines can only give you max e-2, with 24 college credits.

Honestly I'm not too worried anymore, I'm gonna talk with a Marine recruiter and see where it goes, if not then the Navy is my next choice. I know my nephew did not get accepted in the Marines because of his eyesight and I have some pretty ****** vison as well so....

#111    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,830 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 08 May 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

It bears repeating, don't get drunk at MEPS if staying at a hotel overnight and others are partying.
I remember being AMAZED at ow many did just that.  :w00t:

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#112    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,726 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

There are unbelievable things that people do right before MEPS.  The first thing they do, before they even bring you in, they ask you if you are carrying any weapons, pocketknives, pepper spray, anything like that, and they will hold it for you.  One guy had brought a brass knuckle knife.  The recruiter was disciplined enough to just keep it to a smile, but the rest of us laughed out loud at him.

When we got in, the chief was telling us exactly what sort of tests they were going to be running on us, including the blood and urine tests.  At this, one of the candidates raised his hand and nervously asked,

"Are the urine tests mandatory?"

The chief replied "Yes, they absolutely are."

The boy shakily stood up and said, "I think I should leave."

The chief, with an absolutely neutral expression, answered "Son, that is probably the best decision you have made in your life so far."

#113    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

lol wow....some people I just dont understand, I feel bad for those young guys like that joining the military at that maturity level; if they dont have the maturity or logic to keep clean before MEPS then imo they truly have no idea what they are getting into.

I'd imagine some do get in and learn and adapt to the way of life but Im sure a lot more hate their life for those next 4 years...

Hey guys I wanted to ask a question, lets say I see an MOS that I want, I score high enough to get it but that job is not avaliable at the time, should I settle for something else that might interest me or should I just tell them "No, I want to wait until the position is avaliable"? Im not even sure you can do that anyway but yea just wondering.

#114    SereneScene

SereneScene

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Damn Im a bit worried about my eyesight, apparently you HAVE to have vision at 20/20 or correctable to 20/20, even with my glasses I still have trouble seeing really far (even though its much better with glasses), even if I join the Navy and wanted to try BUDS, I cant because of the vision requirements.

Also tagged with military, navy, marines, army

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users