Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

I haven't seen this posted before.
Dogman:

While an hour may seem tedious, he's split the 4 pieces of different encounters up. The 4 pieces are pretty easy to find in the video.

And, Bigfoot "Cloaking":

I don't know what to think about this. He seem's genuine. But I question the Bigfoot cloaking. The "dogman" footage seemed more realistic.

Any thought's or input?

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#2    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

The top is a bear and a Hyena

#3    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Wouldn't a bear be more aggressive?

And he says he lives in Tennessee, just for clarity.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#4    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Wouldn't a bear be more aggressive?

And he says he lives in Tennessee, just for clarity.
well if you keep your distance you will be fine, unless there are cubs around.
Ah well he may well live in Tennessee but the woods can by anywhere in the US

#5    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

The first one, the "dogman", could be anything. However, I find the second rather interesting on a number of levels. Unfortunately I'm pressed for time right now.

#6    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

Yeah. The Cloaking Bigfoot one is kinda hard for me to make a decision on.
I mean, on one side, you have no idea what a bigfoot (if it is real) is capable of. Yet on the other, it could just be an after effect.

#7    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

IMO the "stealth Bigfoot" video is just suggestion that it is a Bigfoot combined with pareidolia to try to make it believable to people.
  • He, or someone is filming where they have been and not where they are going which is unusual.
  • The camera keeps centering on the area where the Bigfoot is supposed to be even though they don't know it's there.
  • To the right of the supposed stealthed Bigfoot is a dark area lower to the ground which is what appears past the trees as they walk and is stated to be the Bigfoot no longer stealthed.
  • His comment that there has never been a dark green bush there can not be corroborated since the follow up footage is taken months later when most of the leaves have fallen from the trees and bushes.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#8    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 08 May 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

IMO the "stealth Bigfoot" video is just suggestion that it is a Bigfoot combined with pareidolia to try to make it believable to people.
  • He, or someone is filming where they have been and not where they are going which is unusual.
  • The camera keeps centering on the area where the Bigfoot is supposed to be even though they don't know it's there.
  • To the right of the supposed stealthed Bigfoot is a dark area lower to the ground which is what appears past the trees as they walk and is stated to be the Bigfoot no longer stealthed.
  • His comment that there has never been a dark green bush there can not be corroborated since the follow up footage is taken months later when most of the leaves have fallen from the trees and bushes.
I agree. The "bigfoot" looks like he darkened the green behind where it was supposedly squatting. Although, I think he carries the back-camera to record going-ons behind him. Like, in the "Dogman" video, he says that after his first or second encounter, he was really shaken so he started using the back camera to record behind him incase for a sense of security.

#9    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 08 May 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I agree. The "bigfoot" looks like he darkened the green behind where it was supposedly squatting. Although, I think he carries the back-camera to record going-ons behind him. Like, in the "Dogman" video, he says that after his first or second encounter, he was really shaken so he started using the back camera to record behind him incase for a sense of security.

Still if you don't know something is there you normally don't make it the focus of your videography.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

I don't have an hour and a half to watch these in detail right now, but can we ever get one of these videos where we don't need someone drawing lines around shadows/blurs and telling what we're supposed to be seeing?

So Bigfoot can "cloak" or enter stealth mode or whatever - well how does that jive with all of the videos of a Bigfoot running across a road or a hillside.  Or, for that matter, standing on the side of a road while a car goes driving by him.

It just seems, well, inconsistent.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#11    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

View PostRafterman, on 08 May 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I don't have an hour and a half to watch these in detail right now, but can we ever get one of these videos where we don't need someone drawing lines around shadows/blurs and telling what we're supposed to be seeing?

So Bigfoot can "cloak" or enter stealth mode or whatever - well how does that jive with all of the videos of a Bigfoot running across a road or a hillside.  Or, for that matter, standing on the side of a road while a car goes driving by him.

It just seems, well, inconsistent.

Keep in mind Rafterman, snipers depend on their ability to blend into their surroundings and disappear. I've had to do a similar thing a time or two in my life and at one point I could have reached out and grabbed the leg of an NVA regular who was looking for me. That's how close we were. Mind you, I'm not ready to jump on the believer band wagon on this one just yet. I need to see the entire video first.

#12    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Thanks, Skeptic Chicken.

Dogman video: I watched it all
First encounter:
I see a bear-like ear, snout, eyes, lighter coloring of snout. Black bear also pop their jaws as he mentioned in reference to Dogman
Second Encounter:
I see a cow/bull- like nostrils and eyes. He mentions mysterious mouth movement? Chewing it's cud?
Last encounter where body is seen:
I still see a bear-like face but not where he diagrams the "eyes, nose and mouth"
Dogman Ear and Footprint segement:
I see horse-like ears. Carpenter does mention a horse trail.
Do these creatures not spook the horses? He felt threatened and very uncomfortable and was armed.

I guess I missed what made him assume “Dogman” on these very obstructed encounters.

Well, one thing is for sure, if Monet had ever painted a cryptid in the woods, we know exactly what the painting would have looked like.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 May 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#13    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

In the Bigfoot cloaking video:
I still see those same bear-like ears. And since I personally do not find either Dogman or Bigfoot probable, I'm thinking I could make either of these vids using a large stuffed bear or facsimile.
Sorry, Scott. But your coat does bring out your baby blues. :-*

#14    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

both videos are lame...someone tell this fool to take a real video camera next time and learn to focus

#15    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

And he's part of Ketchum's DNA study.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users