Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 May 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

We lived near a paper mill in Georgia too ( near Augusta). They stiiiinnkkk!

You damn right they do, but you sort of get used to what they smell like, so when you smell it you know automatically what it is. This smell wasn't like what the paper mill smelled like at all. This was in Coosa, right outside Rome GA.......the paper mill that is, not my encounter. However, I found it interesting that a number of years later after I moved away someone had reported an encounter to the BFRO (?) at least I think it was them in the very area I was in, so?

That still doesn't make my encounter anything more or less than what it was at the time.

Edited by keninsc, 14 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#62    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,580 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 14 May 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

You damn right they do, but you sort of get used to what they smell like, so when you smell it you know automatically what it is. This smell wasn't like what the paper mill smelled like at all. This was in Coosa, right outside Rome GA.......the paper mill that is, not my encounter. However, I found it interesting that a number of years later after I moved away someone had reported an encounter to the BFRO (?) at least I think it was them in the very area I was in, so?

That still doesn't make my encounter anything more or less than what it was at the time.

Yeah, it isn't any kind of "animal" smell, for sure.

We actually got kicked out of the trailer park we lived in there (Waynesboro). Bet no one thinks it's possible to get kicked out of a trailer park! lol
Hey, I believe if you're gonna do something do it right!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 14 May 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#63    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

You got kicked out of a trailer park in Georgia? Damn, I don't want to know what ya'll were doing to make that happen.

#64    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,580 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

Too bad there was no reality TV, then. We could have had our own show!

Nah, nothing crazy. The owner refused to fix the awful road into the park. It had huge holes and we even had a big truck and they were still bad to drive through and around. So H wrote the owner a letter, you know one of those anonymous ones. Anyway the owner went through everyone's trailer park paper work until he matched the handwriting. Adios!

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#65    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

How dare you complain!?!

#66    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,897 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 14 May 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

Too bad there was no reality TV, then. We could have had our own show!

Nah, nothing crazy. The owner refused to fix the awful road into the park. It had huge holes and we even had a big truck and they were still bad to drive through and around. So H wrote the owner a letter, you know one of those anonymous ones. Anyway the owner went through everyone's trailer park paper work until he matched the handwriting. Adios!
Should have used cut out words from the newspaper. :yes:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#67    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,580 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 15 May 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Should have used cut out words from the newspaper. :yes:

We did, but unfortunately that was also how we filled out our trailer park application.
Who knew no one else would? lol

Edited by QuiteContrary, 15 May 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#68    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, if you're going to write an "anonymous" letter, it's best to not hand write it.......or make it traceable in some way.

I worked at a place where a guy wrote this completely inappropriate letter/note to a rather hot female employee stating very specific things he wanted to do with her.....yadda, yadda, yadda. Unfortunately he hand wrote it and misspelled words that he commonly misspelled, but the kicker was he wrote it on the back of a time sheet with his employee number on it.

Can you say, "Terminated" boys and girls?

#69    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

I rarely go to this thread but some one  hadasked me to check it out.

Just from watching the Dogman 3 times and then reading every ones comments, I noticed that no one mention so factors apart from the camera zoom.

1. The angles,the camera man is moving so much around that the camera position and angle is different. So it will "look" like the object is moving. I found it strange how the creature can remain still and in each video the creature seems to be taller than him or same height etc.

2. Plants, Well you got plants blocking what ever he is looking at it and is making an object appear to be seen, it could be bark of a tree, Also It's windy, some plants are moving with the wind, add the camera movement it ends up looking like it is moving but all it is doing is changing the shape of the dogman.

3. The camera is poor, The quality is bad and his "staring eyes" can not be seen unless you apply imagination. The last video he used a digital zoom that distorts the quality of the video.

4. Being a true born bush walker, I have myself walked into sticky situations of kangaroos and even rabbits bursting out of the bushes next to me. Yet at times I would hear noises around me, like when a  kangaroo was walking down the bush and eatting plants, i heard faint movement. the only problem i have with this video is the lack of noise the dogman is making.

Edited by Brian Topp, 23 May 2013 - 05:54 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#70    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,897 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Agree. Like I posted earlier, if the fellow had gone 5 meters forward, or to either side while filming, or taken more stills, we'd have a much better idea what is really there. This is the reason you always get a single "bigfoot" picture from people, because the other 3, 5 or 10 pictures they took all show the object to clearly be a stump, or something...

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#71    Jessem

Jessem

Future Husband

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

• No matter what anyone say's, you can make a difference... you probably already have.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

I watched the video/documentary about his "dogman" encounter, and the first encounter seemed oddly like a small black bear or the Image that he used in the opening credits. It was badly done, but still think this one was a hoax or a "recreation" without telling the viewer that information.

Edited by Jessem, 23 May 2013 - 10:21 PM.

The secret of life is'nt trying to figure out the secret, its about living it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users