Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Worst Thing a Teacher Ever Said to You?

teacher worst thing education

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 26,133 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

In year 11, I was contemplating a career as a High School Music teacher. To help me decide, my school granted me a week leave to go to another school and shadow their Music teacher, to get a feel for what a teacher goes through. The teacher I was assigned to was a hateful creature. One day in class she tells me "What makes you special? Half my class can play music as well as you, and you don't have what it takes to teach them".

I was devastated. And then I got back to my school. Apparently my real Music teacher was taught in High School by this teacher. I told her what she said, and then she told me that this teacher told her the exact same thing when she was my age.

Now, 16 years later and I'm a qualified Music teacher, I bumped into the old bag. She didn't recognise me and I didn't bring it up. Incidently, my real Music Teacher has been promoted to some regional executive position while the old bag is still just Head Teacher. She's still a bitter woman, and I feel sorry for her. I wonder how many other kids she had told that they don't have what it takes to pursue their dreams.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#47    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,799 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostKazahel, on 13 May 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Well I thought this would be somewhat therapeutic but now I'm just annoyed. lol

Wow, quite a bad rap you got there. I hated the whole no proof punishments they dish out. It is almost some empowering thing for them.

I know what you mean. Plenty of things have happened just associating with the wrong people back then. Though that is what growing up is all about.

Although it does also annoy me about people like that who exist. Just think about it as back in the day sorta stuff and how you have bettered yourself since then. Realising that makes it all 10x better.

#48    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,182 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 28 May 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Now, 16 years later and I'm a qualified Music teacher, ...
Just the fact that you are a music teacher makes you an outstanding person in my book. ;)

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users