Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Disc-shaped UFO caught in NASA photograph

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#91    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,287 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 May 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I started reading Robert Ornstein's books many years ago. From his books I went to Idries Shah's books (from which Ornstein quoted a lot), and then from Shah to Sufism.

I went by way of Allan Bloom, Rabindranath Tagore, Elaine Pagels, Evelyn Underhill among others ...haven't read Idries (sp) Idris Shah for a long time ... I was recommended him very early in my life, seems I can't find my copy anywhere .... I don;t even remember which title of his I have .. :lol:

I gotta refresh my memory ... Thanks Abe ... :tu:

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#92    Sundew

Sundew

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 12 May 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

that has actually been a theory of mine, more or less seriously, about why people never get a good photo of genuine UFOs (as distinct from frauds like Adamski). Perhaps they do bend or deflect light, as a side effect of the populsion system (which, as we know, works by bending gravity). Since Gravity, as we know, bends light, perhaps UFOs (genuine ones) do , sort of bend light around them. That's my theory anyway.

Perhaps since we are learning how to bend radiation around objects (microwaves so far). However,  I still say there are only a few explanations for UFOs 1. Mistaken identity of known objects 2. Hallucinations brought on by substance abuse/mental illness 3. Military aircraft, as yet undisclosed to public 4. Actual sentient extra-terrestrial life forms and their crafts 5. Unknown living biological spacefaring or high-atmosphere organisms (non-intelligent) 6. Extra-dimensional entities/demonic.

But I am open to other ideas.

#93    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

What is NASA really doing in space what is their real purpose? Why they have space station? Why not NASA organize a mission aiming only at finding and hunting for UFOs.

#94    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

View Postbrainiac, on 14 May 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

What is NASA really doing in space what is their real purpose? Why they have space station? Why not NASA organize a mission aiming only at finding and hunting for UFOs.

Because they know UFOs are not ETs.

http://www.space.com/4702-aliens.html

NASA has been primarily interested in lower space for decades...
What has that accomplished ??  The planet should be enjoying
clean and unlimited space-based solar energy by now.

Edited by AlasBabylon, 14 May 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#95    coolguy

coolguy

Poltergeist

• 2,396 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Cool pic

#96    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 7,321 posts

• I know someday
    you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a sun
    In somebody else's sky
    But why can't it be mine? -Pearl Jam

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:37 AM

View PostSundew, on 13 May 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Perhaps since we are learning how to bend radiation around objects (microwaves so far). However,  I still say there are only a few explanations for UFOs 1. Mistaken identity of known objects 2. Hallucinations brought on by substance abuse/mental illness 3. Military aircraft, as yet undisclosed to public 4. Actual sentient extra-terrestrial life forms and their crafts 5. Unknown living biological spacefaring or high-atmosphere organisms (non-intelligent) 6. Extra-dimensional entities/demonic.

But I am open to other ideas.

I would add atmospheric anomalies to that list as well.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#97    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Netizens is a pretty dumb term.

Posted Image

#98    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postbrainiac, on 14 May 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

And how would you suggest they do that, exactly?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#99    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

UFOs are something that suddenly appears and disappears. It's hard to investigate that as you've got only people's accounts and some shaky videos. You can't hunt UFO, we have not the technological capacity to do so. For all we know our best aircrafts are no use in speed or weapons against such things if it indeed exists.

So, I am not sure what NASA could do more than UFOs organisations already work on.

Edited by sam_comm, 09 June 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#100    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Well this about puts it all to rest. Now I can sleep well tonight.p.s. Hey psyche101 ! Im Looking at the Marfa Lights tonight.

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users