Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hope for vaccine against spider bites

spider bites jab vaccine anti-venom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,910 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

A jab that protects against poisonous spider venom may become a reality one day, early research suggests.

Brazilian scientists created a synthetic protein that protected rabbits from the effects of spider poison in experiments.

A new generation of anti-venom vaccines could save thousands of lives a year, researchers report in Vaccine journal.

The spider tested, belonging to the genus Loxosceles, injures almost 7,000 people a year in Brazil alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-22454439

Posted Image

#2    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

That would be so wonderful.  Hard to believe I'm the first one to reply to this.  Seems a lot more important to me than whether Miley Cyrus saw a ghost or a ghost peeped on her while she was showering, but then I'm an old lady, lol.

#3    wonderer of mystery 777

wonderer of mystery 777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

lol i dont care about the ghost kid on miley either moonshadow. this would save so many lives if the vaccine with no side effects is invented. right on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users