Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Hope for vaccine against spider bites

spider bites jab vaccine anti-venom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

A jab that protects against poisonous spider venom may become a reality one day, early research suggests.

Brazilian scientists created a synthetic protein that protected rabbits from the effects of spider poison in experiments.

A new generation of anti-venom vaccines could save thousands of lives a year, researchers report in Vaccine journal.

The spider tested, belonging to the genus Loxosceles, injures almost 7,000 people a year in Brazil alone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-22454439

Posted Image

#2    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

That would be so wonderful.  Hard to believe I'm the first one to reply to this.  Seems a lot more important to me than whether Miley Cyrus saw a ghost or a ghost peeped on her while she was showering, but then I'm an old lady, lol.

#3    wonderer of mystery 777

wonderer of mystery 777

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

lol i dont care about the ghost kid on miley either moonshadow. this would save so many lives if the vaccine with no side effects is invented. right on

Also tagged with spider, bites, jab, vaccine, anti-venom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users