Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Been seeing ghosts in my home. What to do?

ghosts spirits paranormal

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Obviously if its a malevolent spirit its not liking the Bible so why would I tell it to go to heaven?

#17    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

As for my comment she asked for advice and I told her whats worked for me. If your a non believer cold why are you even on this site trying to put down every post.

#18    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,789 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

Some spiritual traditions cleanse or smudge their environment of negative energy using smoke from white sage, sandalwood or cedar incense, etc. You can find a lot of websites that give instructions on how to do it. My family finds it very effective and useful, and most of us smudge on a regular basis to keep the house "clean" of unwanted spooks/entities/energy. This  simple ceremony is run by intention that becomes manifest in the physical world through action, which is expressed by the ceremony and demanding that all negative energies leave the premises. It can be followed by burning sweet grass to invite positive energy. And it makes the house smell good!

Edited by Beany, 19 May 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#19    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

hauntedinsc, on 19 May 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Obviously if its a malevolent spirit its not liking the Bible so why would I tell it to go to heaven?

First off, I didn't understand your post. That's why I asked who you were telling to go to hell.
Now that I do I will tell you why.
You are assuming that everyone's faith is the same as yours.  Not everyone is a Bible believing Christian.
Also, you're feeding into an event that might not be paranormal at all instead of thinking of logical explanations and being rational.

hauntedinsc, on 19 May 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

As for my comment she asked for advice and I told her whats worked for me. If your a non believer cold why are you even on this site trying to put down every post.

I am not.  This question is asked a million times by hard core closed mind believers at least 3 times a week.
Give me a reason why you have a right to be here and I do not.  I try to educate people on how something that seems paranormal could have a logical explanation.  BION the explanation for SP has relieved a lot of frightened posters who believed they were being haunted or abducted, etc.  They had never heard of SP and came here and had their fears erased and learned something.
I came to this site a long time ago as a believer.  I don't completely disbelieve and if you want to know, I do believe in God but I will put logic and reasoning before jumping to the conclusion of a haunting every time.

I would love to have my mind changed and see evidence, but I have not so far.  I meditate and have odd sensations and I've had SP but I don't believe any of it is 'paranormal' or from some other spiritual realm.  I believe in the power of the mind and the tricks it can play and I believe in hallucinations and science.

Nothing you or anyone else will post on a forum is going to change my mind, so I will give my opinions and I will give explanations and you can listen and relate or you can think I'm a smart alec and I'm putting people down.  That's up to you.

#20    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

I never said you have no right to be here I just think anyone who reads things like this should have an open mind about what their reading. There is lots of things that I consider to be far fetched but I wasn't there so idk.  I've seen things other tell me most likely aren't there and I should go see a doctor. But will the dr come to my house in the middle of the night and sit around to see if something shows up? I doubt it but would still insist it was a hallucination without collecting all the evidence.

#21    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

As for some of your post I totally agree with them some I don't but no two people will ever agree on everything so we should just agree to disagree on this topic :) not to say everyone does or doesn't believe the way I do. Just as something that works for me may not work for someone else but that's a fact with anything and everything. Life would be real boring if we were all just alike.

#22    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

hauntedinsc, on 20 May 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

I never said you have no right to be here I just think anyone who reads things like this should have an open mind about what their reading. There is lots of things that I consider to be far fetched but I wasn't there so idk.  I've seen things other tell me most likely aren't there and I should go see a doctor. But will the dr come to my house in the middle of the night and sit around to see if something shows up? I doubt it but would still insist it was a hallucination without collecting all the evidence.

No a doctor might not but a video camera would so you could ease your own mind if nothing else.  If other people are saying it, maybe there's something to it?  I see one, there's no stigma to it.  What harm could it do?  Make you feel better?  Stop your unease?
I do have an open mind.  I am trying to ease yours by giving you alternate explanations, but you only want to believe your explanations.
Whose mind is closed?

hauntedinsc, on 20 May 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

As for some of your post I totally agree with them some I don't but no two people will ever agree on everything so we should just agree to disagree on this topic :) not to say everyone does or doesn't believe the way I do. Just as something that works for me may not work for someone else but that's a fact with anything and everything. Life would be real boring if we were all just alike.

Agreed.

Also tagged with ghosts, spirits, paranormal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users