Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bilingual budgie amazes owner

budgie disco

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,704 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:31 PM

He can trill his way through theme tunes, beat box and rap - Disco the parakeet is a one-bird band.

The talented budgie can mewl like a cat and bark like a dog, and impersonate Arnold Schwarzenegger and Patrick Swayze.

In a string of videos, which have been viewed more than a million times, Disco shows off his pop culture knowledge.

http://www.dailymail...gs-chatter.html

Posted Image

#2    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

• For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I used to have one just like him,but he flew away one day and never came back :(

Very talented little budgie this is, it's almost unreal when it started speaking lol

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#3    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,162 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

Shockingly,  Budgies are known to have the largest capacity for big vocabularies--they tend to be very difficult to understand though. Some have known to have word counts that exceed 300.

I have to say, although I could be wrong, that these videos sound dubbed or at the very least enhanced. Most of the chattier budgies I've listened to have smaller sounding voices and they're relatively hard to understand.

Some parrots do like to sing songs though. I had a blue crown Conure (like from the movie Polly) whose favorite two songs in the whole world were Don't Worry Be Happy and Yankee Doodle Dandy. Yankee Doodle was his fave, but by the second chorus, he'd get all hung up on the word "Doodle" and wander around the house just saying "doodle doodle doodle" for the next 20 minutes. An annoying little green man he was! LOL.

I love parrots. Funny, messy, noisy, unpredictable, but wonderful pets if you have the time and patience for them.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users