Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#121    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 13 May 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Am i the only one who notices that the people who scream the loudest about controls are the ones who end up losing when the votes actually occur?
It would seem to me that folks who scream the loudest are always forgetting that the majority of the voters dont bother with petty on-line polls and blogs etc...
"90% of those polled said they wanted gun control"
No one i know was ever polled.....

I also find it odd that those who speak out for gun control, bashing those of us who are against it (LBA...) are the first ones to praise the idiots in the "occupy" movement that accomplished absolutely nothing.
Wasnt the Occupy movement supposed to accomplish some sort of a "revolution"
Historically all the way back to the 60's its aleways been the Liberal Democrats that have been the counter culture oddballs fighting the govt at every step on every issue.
until they took over.....
I find it very disigenuous when a Liberal Progressive badmouths anyone who is against their way of thinking.
Dont believe in Gay marriage?  Your a bigot
Dont agree with our Presidents policies?  Your a racist
Believe in the Constitution and just want to be left alone to pursue life liberty and happiness? - Youre a neandrathal, a gun loving hillbilly.

Sounds like the progressives have really "progressed".

Occupy and Anon, meh, never praised them, never will.

#122    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Alien Abducter

• 4,451 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 13 May 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Here is a HB 3200. Can you show us the part you are talking about that would allow warrantless entries?

SECTION 6. This 2013 Act being necessary for the immediate preservation of the public
peace, health and safety, an emergency is declared to exist, and this 2013 Act takes effect
on its passage.

“Give me the power to make you safe and when the emergency has passed, I promise to return your rights back to you.”  How many times is this heard from tyrants?

The  following  summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject
to  consideration  by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor’s brief statement of the essential features of the
measure as introduced.

Of course not, but at some time in the near future, someone could say “Hey, we have this legislation already written, let’s slip it through.”

This bill reads very similar to the 1928 Nuremburg gun laws or gives one that feeling of…

But the bottom line is that this is just legislation.  If it becomes law, then regulations must be written.  At that point the vagueness of the legislation can be interpreted to include warrantless entries.  4.5.(b) (for example) could give access to the home at anytime law enforcement wants without the permission of the home owner.

The “preservation of the public peace, health and safety” is better served by removing a tyrannical government.  Such a government is more a threat to public peace.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#123    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

The fbi already has the power of warrentless searches.  This was given to them in the patriot act.

Out, just now on fox.  The justice department is searching the A.P's emails.  No reason given nor did they in form the A.P. of the searches.  Bye, bye freedom of the press.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#124    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:30 PM

View Postdanielost, on 13 May 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

The fbi already has the power of warrentless searches.  This was given to them in the patriot act.

Out, just now on fox.  The justice department is searching the A.P's emails.  No reason given nor did they in form the A.P. of the searches.  Bye, bye freedom of the press.

Just heard about this. Check out: http://news.yahoo.co...-221531096.html

#125    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 13 May 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

How many warrants do you believe were issued in WaterTown when the Police and DHS were going house to house evicting the people inside while they ran through the homes searching them?

This is CT. They didn't do that. They asked if they could search.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#126    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,282 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 13 May 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Not one word was said by anybody that the plastic guns can fire ONLY 1 round.

You can die from one round just as fast as from 50. The point was that this gun can get into places past detectors.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#127    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yea it can't be detected by metal detectors and that is something to consider BUT in order to use it it would require a real bullet encased in a brass round.

#128    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

Plastic guns are a weaker threat than Easter eggs at this point.

Might as well change the name of this thread to "Cascarone, Cascarone, Cascarone" already.

q:

#129    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,666 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postninjadude, on 14 May 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

This is CT. They didn't do that. They asked if they could search.

Not according to many of the home owners. Many of them said they were never given a choice.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#130    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

This forum isn't about the new plastic gun, it is about all arms. Stop focusing on specific to justify removal of all arms, that tactic drives me nuts and makes me fear we are heading to mob rule of misinformed or tyranny fast.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#131    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 May 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Not according to many of the home owners. Many of them said they were never given a choice.

Offer clear definitive proof or it is just CT to the rest of us.

#132    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Alien Abducter

• 4,451 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 14 May 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Offer clear definitive proof or it is just CT to the rest of us.
I see that you hadn’t responded to a prior reply I made, so let me ask you a question on it.  In Oregon’s HB3200, I’m curious as to your interpretation of the following items:

IV.(5) A registered owner of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine is required to:

IV.(5).(b) Allow an inspector from the department to inspect the storage of assault weapons and large capacity magazines to ensure compliance with this subsection;

More specifically, how do you define “required” and “allow” in relation to this section?

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#133    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostDan, on 13 May 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Declaring others views as CT or paranoia concerning this subject is, in this instance anyway, wrong. Some are obviously and pathetically ignorant to the lefts vile and sick agenda. I live in Oregon and some communist(?) left-wing politicians put out a bill that would turn law abiding citizens into criminals if they did not give up their weapons. Look up HB 3200. This horrible bill would illegally (according to the Constitution) give the State an option for entering anyone's home without a warrant. This is not CT or paranoia. Just a horrible and dangerous fact that will cost this bills sponsors their seats.

Review the source and the initial claim of the conspiracy theory that HB 3200 would allow, "the state an option for entering anyone's home without a warrant."

Anyone's home? The whole block? Not quite...

Some of us would support a home bill here in our region that would require limiting and registering certain type of weapons. Then calls for proper storage of such weapons and inspections.

Some of us do own guns, would not mind this legislation, and would welcome law enforcement or some other department to insure safety.

Some who get permits to run a daycare have to open their home for inspection.

Some who get permits to prepare food also have to open their businesses for inspection.

No, warrants are not required in either of those instances, this is no different...

#134    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

A business location has different rules than the sanctity of your home.

#135    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Fair call F3SS and that is your opinion but not everyone will feel the same. Most likely you will have more agreement on your end which is why HB 3200 will likely not pass and become law.

There will be dialogue and all kinds of proposals made, we together as a society, state by state, city by city, and nationally will decide on the course of our society.

To think it is all conspiracy theory and "they are coming to get me" is another matter.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 14 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users