Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate

• Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#286    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

View Postdanielost, on 21 May 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

The courts do not have the power to pass laws, which they have been doing for at least fourty years.  The more liberal the court the more law creating they do.  This is how we got abortion on demand.  The courts were not given the power to judge laws ony to enforce them.  How ever the first supreme court TOOK the power to judge laws.

The current democrat party, only wants to pass laws, as many laws as theycan.  They are hopeing the court will sort the bad ones out.

I agree with you--courts cannot pass laws.  They can only interpret them, and in certain specific instances, enforce them.

Might you give an example of a law passed by a court?

#287    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

And what makes you so sure they ALL would uprise?
not just him. what makes you think they wont???

Edited by aztek, 21 May 2013 - 05:52 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#288    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 May 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

not just him. what makes you think they wont???
Because not everybody is that brave. There is a big difference between talking and doing. And because I am used to no uprising: I am German; we only complain. :td:

#289    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Because not everybody is that brave. There is a big difference between talking and doing. And because I am used to no uprising: I am German; we only complain. :td:

you right not everyone, only about 1\6 (by rough fbi estimate) of the population is armed, 50 million of armed ppl is enough, pretty sure almost everyone who has guns has balls to use them if need arises, even 25 million armed determined ppl is enough. just look at iraq, afganistan.

i personaly don't think about war against gvmt, my concern is crime prevention. that means preventing myself from becoming a victim. and if god forbid gvmt fails, i'll need my guns more than ever. as latest events clearly showed you can not rely on cops to protect you, (not that it is their job anyway) they are far from trained\rationaly thinking in inerest of ppl bunch.

Edited by aztek, 21 May 2013 - 06:14 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#290    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

What do you mean with Iraq? Private gun ownership was common under Saddam.

#291    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

What do you mean with Iraq? Private gun ownership was common under Saddam.
i wasn't talking about private ownership during saddam.

but since you asked, here is a graph of iraq crimerate before us invasion and now.
it clearly proves, crime has not been an issue with everyone armed in iraq, and they didn't have restriction on magazines, and type of guns, most had ak's.
Posted Image

"A few weeks ago, my biggest fear was getting killed by a cruise missile or something," said CNN's Baghdad correspondent Jim Clancy. "Bombs were exploding, buildings were in flames, and I thought, my God, I must be in Hell. Then the city fell, and the streets were suddenly controlled by gangs and thieves and hooligans, and I thought, my God, I must be in Newark."

Natives of Iraq express similar feelings. "Even during the darkest days of Saddam's rule, at least you felt safe in you own home," says Basra resident Ahmed Hadad. "Not anymore. I'm afraid to go to sleep at night. I feel like I'm in Washington, DC or something."

Edited by aztek, 21 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#292    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:21 PM

What then?

Alright, but I am not talking about a disarming. Proper storage, registration, licensing, that is gun control for me.

Heck - owning a gun is a personal right in the States, and even if it is not understandable for most Germans or most other Europeans, I believe that rights have to be respected. But sometimes you have to update rights.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 21 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#293    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

What then?

. Proper storage, registration, licensing, that is gun control for me.

we already have that as much as it can be enforced. private sales are so blown out of proportion, not a single criminal lately acuired gun like that, or antiguners would scream about it nonestop. there is no evidence that it is a problem. as for the rest, all you ask for is in place. and has been for decades.
crimes commited (for the most part) would not be prevented by any aditional law\ or restriction.
and you just can't control guns that are not in your hands, just like we can't control who drives drunk, or high. there are laws,but ppl still brake them, drive drunk, and kill more that guns do.

Edited by aztek, 21 May 2013 - 06:39 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#294    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 May 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

we already have that as much as it can be enforced. private sales are so blown out of proportion, not a single criminal lately acuired gun like that, or antiguners would scream about it nonestop. there is no evidence that it is a problem. as for the rest, all you ask for is in place. and has been for decades.
crimes commited (for the most part) would not be prevented by any aditional law\ or restriction.
No, you don't. Not in every state, and it is not really being enforced. These insular laws you have are not helpful at all.

#295    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

sure we do, what is not in every state? and how new proposed laws will be anymore enforced, or any less insular han laws we have now??

but your example of saddam iraq proves that laws don't make anyone safer. they had few laws but many guns, they were safer than usa now.

how about state of vermon that has the least strict gun laws, and the lowest crime rate in usa, pbly even lower than in germany. how about moldovva, former sovie republic, that allowed its citizens to own guns in 2000, murder rate fell 4 times over last decade. while its neighbors other soviet republics, that don't allow its citizens to have guns, (unless corrupted official sells you a permit) their murder rate barely fell 2 times, since 2000's.

Edited by aztek, 21 May 2013 - 06:52 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#296    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 May 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

sure we do, what is not in every state? and how new proposed laws will be anymore enforced, or any less insular han laws we have now??

but your example of saddam iraq proves that laws don't make anyone safer. they had few laws but many guns, they were safer than usa now.
They had few laws? It was a police state! That is why it was 'safe'. I get back to the other one later, it's dinner time, and I am starving.

#297    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

They had few laws? It was a police state! That is why it was 'safe'. I get back to the other one later, it's dinner time, and I am starving.

yes they had fewer gun laws, police state or not irrelavat, we are not talking about ppl being taked by saddams thugs, that happened, i'm talking about regular crime, it was a lot safer than it is now. and ak in almost every house didn't make the country's crime go up.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#298    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,978 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

No, you don't. Not in every state, and it is not really being enforced. These insular laws you have are not helpful at all.
No amount of laws is going to prevent gun crime.  Not even if you try confiscation.  And an unarmed population is an enslaved population.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato
"%&* YOU and your empty suited insults about "racism" you Islamophobic Zionist freak." - Yamato

#299    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

i can just hear every gunhater scream, "but we can't afford not to try", lol, and fail.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#300    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postdanielost, on 21 May 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Traditionally, in the US what ever weapons the military had civilians could have to.  That is as long as you could throw it over your shoulder and walk away with it, with the exemption of explosives.  Thus this would include cannon, granades, and rocket launchers.

If by "traditional" you mean ante-bellum times. Not so much for last 150 years.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users