Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mary Peterson

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

anyone have any more info on this, im trying to find some , but have come up with nothing?

Season 6, Ep. 1 "Dead of the Night" When beloved store manager Mary Peterson is found stabbed to death in her bed, storm clouds brew over sunny Lakeland, Florida. Cops race through a lengthy list of suspects, but a tip from an unlikely source helps nab the cold-blooded killer. Runtime: 44 minutes Original air date: December 04, 2012 Network: Investigation Discovery

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

What other sort of info are you looking for? the killer was found, but the murder weapon could have been picked up by anyone, I do not see that as a major mystery.

#3    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

just written info..... was just curious :blush:

Posted Image

#4    rashore

rashore

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,245 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Wasn't able to watch the video, my computer isn't playing nice, heh. But a couple links that might be helpful...

http://mylifeofcrime...life-in-prison/
Has some basic info, some links to articles

https://www2.myflori...7095d96da5add81
Polk County link to the case. Just basic info really, no court transcripts. If you really want to dig that way, you might have to contact them.

Edited by rashore, 11 May 2013 - 04:42 PM.

Your ad hominem connotes your sciolism. Now that is some funny commentary.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I do like this sort of things.
As with the murder weapon, not that its important now, but he said he threw it away, he might not have thrown it where he said he did. it could be sitting in the knife rack with all the others in a friends house, who knows, but telling the police he threw it away there would have stopped them looking elsewhere...as shows, because they searched the whole area. Or, someone could have picked it up.

#6    CuriousLittleOne

CuriousLittleOne

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 May 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I do like this sort of things.
As with the murder weapon, not that its important now, but he said he threw it away, he might not have thrown it where he said he did. it could be sitting in the knife rack with all the others in a friends house, who knows, but telling the police he threw it away there would have stopped them looking elsewhere...as shows, because they searched the whole area. Or, someone could have picked it up.

i am too, so much so that im seriously thinking and looking into a criminology course, i love to disect the facts and think "what if" and its this forum thats done it to me.

...................................there is no escape...........

Posted Image

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,271 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostCuriousLittleOne, on 12 May 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

i am too, so much so that im seriously thinking and looking into a criminology course, i love to disect the facts and think "what if" and its this forum thats done it to me.

...................................there is no escape...........
Read books about the minds of the serial killers, once you get a grip of how their minds work, disecting the facts becomes a lot easier, but getting into the mind of a killer is not everyones kettle of fish. To try and solve or disect a case, you have to be completely neutral at certain points and try to put yourself in the shoes of the killer, not always easy and can be quite gruesome, but knowing how they tick is the key, just do not get to like that bit too much!!  Even the great Bernard Spilsbury committed suicide eventually, but his job was extremely gruesome.
Read as many books as you can about the history of crime too, you  will find that the motives and methods used (and there are many) do not differ throughout the centuries that much, what has changed is the technology used today in catching them...thank goodness.
Good luck on the course, I hope you take it up.

Edited by freetoroam, 12 May 2013 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users