Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy Residents

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#106    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,272 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

If anyone wants to know what plane it is....Just use this.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#107    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

OK a sizable article I found which I shall quote some good paragraphs

FBI spy planes patrol U.S.

WASHINGTON - The FBI has a fleet of aircraft, some equipped with night surveillance and eavesdropping equipment, flying America's skies to track and collect intelligence from suspected terrorists.

The FBI will not provide exact figures on the planes and helicopters, but more than 80 are in the skies. There are several planes, known as "Nightstalkers," equipped with infrared devices that allow agents to track people and vehicles in the dark.

Other aircraft are outfitted with electronic surveillance equipment so agents can pursue listening devices placed in cars, in buildings and even along streets, or listen to cell phone calls. Still others fly photography missions, although officials would not describe precise capabilities.

"You want to watch activity, and you want to do it discreetly. You don't want to be sitting around in cars," said Weldon Kennedy, a former FBI deputy director who retired in 1997 after 33 years with the bureau. "Aviation is one way to do that. You don't need to get close to that person at all."

Some critics say the surveillance technology further blurs the boundaries on domestic spying. They point to a 2001 case in which the Supreme Court found police had engaged in an unreasonable search by using thermal imaging equipment to detect heat lamps used to grow marijuana plants indoors.

Most aircraft are propeller-driven civilian models, favored for their relatively slow speed and unobtrusive appearance.

Legally, no warrants are necessary for the FBI to track cars or people from the air. Law enforcement officials need warrants to search homes or to plant listening devices or monitor cell phone calls - and that includes when the listener is flying in an airplane.

A senior FBI official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the FBI does not do flyovers to listen to telephone calls and gather electronic data from random citizens in hopes the data will provide leads. Rather, the planes are used to follow specific individuals, some of whom may already have been bugged or for whom the FBI has a warrant to listen to cell phone calls.

and wait for it!!!!

The FBI will not disclose where the planes are being used. This month, however, in the college town of Bloomington, Ind., residents spotted a Cessna aircraft flying overhead at roughly the same times every day for more than a week.

After first issuing denials, local FBI agents admitted it was their plane, involved in a terrorism investigation.

http://www.timeshera...anes-patrol-u-s

Anyone know about the Bloomington story with same activity? I cant be bothered to look it up...

Edited by seeder, 13 May 2013 - 05:31 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#108    luckyguy

luckyguy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

HTTP://WWW.wired.com/threatleval/2006/06/mystery_planes_/

#109    luckyguy

luckyguy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

HTTP://twitter.com/alertnewengland/status/235019282705170432
  "FBI Cessna Skyhawk N906TM inbound to Norwood Memorial Airport 5/10/13 03:45pm"

#110    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

View Postluckyguy, on 13 May 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

PAGE NOT FOUND

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#111    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

and I keep on forgetting to say this, but what has this thread got to do with ET/UFO section, when it has been identified as a regular plane from the outset?

#112    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,012 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 May 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

and I keep on forgetting to say this, but what has this thread got to do with ET/UFO section, when it has been identified as a regular plane from the outset?

That is a good question, I would say absolutely nothing....

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#113    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 7,180 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 May 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

It wasnt anything I personally wrote. If you re-read it - its simply a quote from another forum poster. As also stated, I was looking for a potential link between the smell and the plane

I thought it was a joke.  That's pretty funny too.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#114    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,116 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

View Postluckyguy, on 13 May 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

HTTP://twitter.com/alertnewengland/status/235019282705170432
  "FBI Cessna Skyhawk N906TM inbound to Norwood Memorial Airport 5/10/13 03:45pm"
So have they confirmed that it is FBI, or is that more supposition? In any case, if it is, then no one needs to worry, do they, because they're just guarding law and Order.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#115    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 May 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

So have they confirmed that it is FBI, or is that more supposition? In any case, if it is, then no one needs to worry, do they, because they're just guarding law and Order.

clicking on the links I gave previously, shows who owns what, N906TM is owned by the company known as: RKT PRODUCTIONS. But N1132F states clearly its the FBI plane, click the links and read the titles in top of box on right of page

http://uk.flightawar...e/flight/N906TM

http://uk.flightawar...e/flight/N1132F

edit links fixed

Edited by seeder, 13 May 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#116    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the info on the Quincy mystery odor that appears
to have began around the time the mystery plane began its rounds.

" Maybe occasionally you get bad smells, but it was never this constant,
six weeks of this now"...

Wonder if anything of interest is at this intersection ?

"The mysterious odor a potent mix of sulfur and rotten eggs   hits the nose
at the intersection of Quincy Shore Drive and East Squantum Street. "

http://www.patriotle...uincy-a-mystery

Sulfur and rotten egg smell could be coming from unstable methane hydrates off shore...
that was the supposed origin of a recent similar mystery smell in So Cal.

" Coastal Stench May By Byproduct Of Large Release Of Methane

March 3, 2013

SANTA MONICA (CBSLA.com) Authorities say a foul odor that spurred calls
to fire departments throughout the city on Sunday is possibly the result
of the large release of methane in the Santa Monica Bay. "

http://losangeles.cb...ase-of-methane/

Unstable methane hydrates can also cause undersea landslides.

http://en.wikipedia..../Storegga_Slide

Edited by AlasBabylon, 13 May 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#117    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

NM ... info already posted ...

Edited by Kludge808, 13 May 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#118    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,875 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostAlasBabylon, on 13 May 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

" Maybe occasionally you get bad smells, but it was never this constant,
six weeks of this now"...

well its good to know you actually read the posts in your own thread and so are familiar with whats been stated already..

first post
http://www.unexplain...ic=247762&st=90

Edited by seeder, 13 May 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#119    AlasBabylon

AlasBabylon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 May 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

well its good to know you actually read the posts in your own thread and so are familiar with whats been stated already..

first post
http://www.unexplain...ic=247762&st=90

Yes, I read that previously...  and since you read my post so throughly...
you know I was thankful for that info.

#120    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,533 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostSakari, on 13 May 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

If anyone wants to know what plane it is....Just use this.

http://www.flightradar24.com/
My husband has it on his app. We are in England so would not have picked up that plane. But the "gadget" is wicked, it tells us where the plane is going, how fast its going, how high up it is, and if we point the tablet at the plane it tells us the flight number and everthing....pretty amazing stuff.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users