Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pickaxe Rampage In Italy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

An illegal immigrant went on a rampage, killed one person and injured four others.  Now a debate is going on about what to do about illegal immigrants

http://www.cbsnews.c...rrest-in-italy/

Illegal immigrants do cause some problems.

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

I am not sure we can generalise that it is illegal immigrants that are the cause of violence and assaults.  These happen regardless of origin.  The fact that he is in the country illegally is merely the key to resolving the issue, convict him, have him do his time and then kick him out but don't tar all illegal immigrants as the cause of one mans madness.

As to the actual problem (which is separate) of illegal immigration:

Illegal immigration by it's very nature of "not being legal" is also a good reason to kick someone out - no visa should equal no licence to be there and therefore no material means or evidence with which to argue against deportation.

The reality versus the above is that deportation for many illegal immigrants is also likely to result in the death of the immigrant if they are returned to their own country, either through environment (aka: famine, poverty) or political injustice.  Most countries illegal immigrants escape to adhere to laws that don't allow them to be complicit in the death of another which could have been avoided by rendering assistance instead aka: they are forced to allow them to stay on humanitarian grounds.  I don't think we can avoid that and be a civilized society, all people do have a right to food, shelter and clothing if those things are available to be provided.

Edited by libstaK, 12 May 2013 - 02:11 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

I wonder if anyone has asked Amanda Knox about her opinion on this story.

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostAntilles, on 12 May 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

I wonder if anyone has asked Amanda Knox about her opinion on this story.
Why?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 12 May 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

I am not sure we can generalise that it is illegal immigrants that are the cause of violence and assaults.  These happen regardless of origin.  The fact that he is in the country illegally is merely the key to resolving the issue, convict him, have him do his time and then kick him out but don't tar all illegal immigrants as the cause of one mans madness.

As to the actual problem (which is separate) of illegal immigration:

Illegal immigration by it's very nature of "not being legal" is also a good reason to kick someone out - no visa should equal no licence to be there and therefore no material means or evidence with which to argue against deportation.

The reality versus the above is that deportation for many illegal immigrants is also likely to result in the death of the immigrant if they are returned to their own country, either through environment (aka: famine, poverty) or political injustice.  Most countries illegal immigrants escape to adhere to laws that don't allow them to be complicit in the death of another which could have been avoided by rendering assistance instead aka: they are forced to allow them to stay on humanitarian grounds.  I don't think we can avoid that and be a civilized society, all people do have a right to food, shelter and clothing if those things are available to be provided.

I think you are mistaking Asylum Seekers (relatively few in numbers) who play the "Homeland Persecution" card, with Illegal, Economic Immigrants (relatively high numbers) who want to share in the wealth of developed nations without contributing a penny to it in taxes and / or,  have no historical context in which their antecedents fought for the Rights and standard of living enjoyed as a reult.

#6    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

:td:

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#7    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

I wonder how he got into italy in the irst place and how he got pick axe?

#8    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 May 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

An illegal immigrant went on a rampage, killed one person and injured four others.  Now a debate is going on about what to do about illegal immigrants

http://www.cbsnews.c...rrest-in-italy/

Illegal immigrants do cause some problems.

Well the obvious answer would be to have an aircraft on permanent standby to fly them back to their country of origin as soon as they are discovered. But I think i'm right in saying that there is some EU rule somewhere that forbids this.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users