Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I'm afraid I started something...

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    mruth344

mruth344

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

My girlfriend and I are temporarily staying with my parents, in the house I grew up in, but had been gone from for years. I'd always known, someone we can't see or here has been in this house, possibly more than one spirit. I've had some comforting experiences and some scary ones in this house.

Lately I've been more and more into the paranormal and less afraid of things. I've been talking to the spirits here. Over the past month or so I've felt ready to interact with them. I've said things like, "I'm ready to hear you, if you feel comfortable". Last night I heard what sounded like a semi-wet finger, tracing down the bathroom mirror, right in front of me. It made a sort of squeaking noise, several times. I've asked to keep things respectful, that they not try to get our attention while sleeping, etc, to give us room and respect our wishes and I would offer whatever help I could, within reason, without sacrificing my own comfort.

The noise on the mirror made my heart race, but I said out loud, it's fine. I explained that I could take more, but not then, as I was just going to bed. Tonight, my girlfriend woke up scared, while she was in the bedroom alone. She said she heard clear whispering right near her, but couldn't understand what was said. Again, not scared, I went into the basement where I know the spirits seem to hang out most. I was somewhat upset and restated to them, "I've asked for this to remain respectful and not intrusive. Waking my girlfriend up scared her and we can't have that" I told them that I may be ready to hear and maybe even see them, but my girlfriend is not. Nothing's happened since, but it's only been 2-3 hours.

Did I start something that could get out of hand? Could they be taking my lack of fear as a challenge?

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,146 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:40 AM

Before you and your girlfriend totally freak-out, I would ask myself this question: Is it real?

I hope no drugs are involved in the "experience"

#3    Perfection

Perfection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

The whispering is just your partner's guardian angel.

You're chasing your own guardian around the house thinking it's a ghost like most folks do at some time or other.

The squeaky sound was your guardian. They live in a liquid dimension that is all around us.

They're always around from birth till death so don't worry about it. It is your own actions that will cause problems if you imagine hostile entities. It is just your own guardians so leave them alone & relax

#4    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,599 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

im siding with drugs, have you been taking shrooms?

#5    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,469 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Posted Image

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

Did she know about you talking to them? Suggestion is a very powerful thing. If she already felt ill at ease, and knew you were trying to illicit a response from them but was uncomfortable with it, and then you told her about hearing that noise, she could have heard any sort of rushing of air and she attributed it to whispering; even more so if she was woken up by it. That could have easily been a mind about to fall asleep playing on the worries from before. I'd look for more substantial stuff before jumping to that conclusion. However, I will say, if you start something with them, unless it is a rare instance of a truly friendly presence, I'm not sure asking them to be respectful will do much good. If they're malevolent, as they often are, they may wait for/require your invitation, but they will not heed your warnings or requests.

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,460 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

LOL why would you try and talk to them in the first place and he said his girlfriend heard them whispering in her ear while she was sleeping, generally you cant sleep when youve ingested shrooms

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 12 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,648 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Try smudging your house, and see what happens. Make your intention clear: that all negative energy must leave. If you don't know what Native American smudging is, you can google it. It's always worked for me. My daughter smudged her house because of negative energy, and her boyfriend left because he didn't like the smell of sage. That's all the proof I needed that it works!

#9    Amalthe

Amalthe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

Something tells me you're up for some exciting experience! Or maybe not so exciting. I don't remember many cases where spirits would be respectfull of human customs. Actually if they were respectfull of human customs, they should be quite dead when buried. :) Anyway, my point is, there's nothing you can do to help them, unless you "help" them by allowing them enjoyment of mischeivous annoying yourself and your girl. :P

#10    Rogue Suga

Rogue Suga

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Sorry not in.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

What I suggest is you stop trying to communicate with it, whatever it is. Has the noises and whispering in your girlfriend's ear happened after you tried talking to the spirit?

Ignore it. Don't acknowledge it in your house, as this wants attention. It's possible you may be implanting suggestions into yourself and your girlfriend as she could be feeling jumpy.

A baby spider needs a tiny dummy and a trampoline web.

#11    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,187 posts

• ~*★*~I terminate, I tear apart.~*★*~

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

Your gf probably just had sleep paralysis.

Posted Image

♥DA♥

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,460 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 13 May 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Your gf probably just had sleep paralysis.
Yeah because that's extremely common

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    shrooma

shrooma

Ugly bag of mostly water.

• 2,707 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 May 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

have you been taking shrooms?
you said that like it was a bad thing??
:-)

''One is all for religion until one visits a really religious country. Then, one is all for drains, machinery, and a minimum wage.''
-Aldous Huxley-

#14    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 May 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

The rate of sleep paralysis in the general population is 6.3%. This means that in the U.S. alone 19,630,291 people experience sleep paralysis (using population data from July 2011, 311,591,917). This is in no way a far fetched conclusion. It doesn't seem to be SP to me, but I only say that because he didn't say she had trouble waking, and that is usually a symptom in most cases.

#15    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,187 posts

• ~*★*~I terminate, I tear apart.~*★*~

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 May 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Nielsen is the director of the dream and nightmare laboratory at the University of Montreal. He says sleep paralysis is not uncommon. In fact, almost 25 per cent of the population experiences it in some fashion.

source:
http://www.edmontonj...9693/story.html

But you guys are probably special.

Posted Image

♥DA♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users