Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Climate change to make millions homeless

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

This seems incredibly disturbing, just thinking about it.

"The Earth was once a majestic, beautiful, world. It was literally the best. The most amazing you could imagine. It was a physical heaven. But then...it shrivered and died. And that's the truth.."

#17    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 13 May 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

This seems incredibly disturbing, just thinking about it.

"The Earth was once a majestic, beautiful, world. It was literally the best. The most amazing you could imagine. It was a physical heaven. But then...it shrivered and died. And that's the truth.."
speak for yourself!
I live in a very beautiful corner of the world, and i'm sure most people feel the same about where come from too!
guess your version of 'truth' differs wildly from mine.
thank the gods.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#18    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

[attachment=67551:057371-algae-bloom australia2012.jpgThe most important part of this issue to me that most seem to ignore is the effect on the phytoplanton in the ocean food chains with a higher level of CO2!  In a matter of only hundreds of years we will be experiencing an effect in the enviroment that life millions of years ago experienced but it had  the time to recover and evolve naturally because there were millions of years involved not at the speed that we are starting to experience it  at present. If it continues at the rate now there is no time to evolve for our sea life and so our normal food supply from the oceans will be gone.  Green algae will die and red algae will replace it, causing the basic food chain to be destroyed!

Homelessness will be the least of our problems. The writing is on the wall if you read the research papers, don't make it into politics! Civilization can't afford to gamble that all the enviromental research is wrong, unless it plans on life living in artificial biospheres somewhere.  Think about your grandkids if nothing else.

Attached Thumbnails

• 057371-algae-bloom australia2012.jpg

Edited by White Unicorn, 13 May 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#19    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,663 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I dont know if Climate change will make people homeless. But many will be homeless in the name of Climate change. 0bama is closing down our coal plants at record pace, causing the price of heat to skyrocket. Combine this with the ew costs of health care and there will be all kinds of new homeless people.

#20    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 May 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

I dont know if Climate change will make people homeless. But many will be homeless in the name of Climate change. 0bama is closing down our coal plants at record pace, causing the price of heat to skyrocket. Combine this with the ew costs of health care and there will be all kinds of new homeless people.
America has one of the most inefficient housing stocks in the world. Simply upgrading the insulation in your shoddily built houses would save most people far more money than increasing energy costs are accounting for. However if you are using electricity to heat your home (the main way which coal power would have an impact on your ability to heat your home) then you are a fool since it is the most expensive form of heat known to man(4x that of burning coal dircectly).

The reality is that we could all live better lives if we didn't build things with the expectation that there is an endless pit of cheap energy.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 14 May 2013 - 09:54 AM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

If you want people to consider  long-term energy costs in their construction and siting decisions, impose land use and energy use taxes.  Use the revenue to build energy-saving public facilities and to do energy research.

#22    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 13,791 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 May 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

If you want people to consider  long-term energy costs in their construction and siting decisions, impose land use and energy use taxes.  Use the revenue to build energy-saving public facilities and to do energy research.
America and Australia have a culture of building "temporary" homes with a life expectancy of 50-100years tops. Its very difficult to build energy efficient houses that meet the cost constriants this places on the buidlings. The whole construction sector is like an oil tanker which takes decades to turn around. What doesn't help is that the last disasterous property bubble has lumbered us with a housing stock which was designed for a cheap energy environment in an expensive energy future. This housing stock is substandard and shoddily built - but cannot be replaced for another 30years at best.

The exact same scenario is playing out in Ireland where all of the boom building happened before more exacting building regs were introduced. We have locked ourselves into a situation where people are burdened by unsustainable debt in unsustainable houses which many people can no longer afford to heat. Its now a common site to see people buying 5 gallon drums of kerosine to heat their homes over the weekend as a luxury. Tragic misplanning on a nearly global scale.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#23    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Considering what we know of the geological record, this has happened before.  It seems that Anarctica might have once been in tropical latitudes.

#24    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postshrooma, on 13 May 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

surely that would mean that al gore is very clever indeed, wouldn't it??
Absolutely!
He was smart enough to know he could steal money from the sheeple and he did.
If i could get dumb people to hand money over to me in the billions i'd be a genius too.
I'd have to get rid on that little annoyance that is a conscience but it could be done.

#25    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

Psychic Spy

• 1,062 posts

• The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

I'm just proud that once again America is ahead of the curve.

We already have millions of homeless.

U
S
A
!!!

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#26    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

Global Warming? Really? Tell that to many Canadians who are or have been experiencing late spring temperatures.
Is global warming a myth? I'd say so judging by how this year has gone.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...l-winnipeg.html
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...inters-end.html

New Report: Global Temperature Standstill Is Real
London, 15 March: A new report written by Dr David Whitehouse and published today by the Global Warming Policy Foundation concludes that there has been no statistically significant increase in annual global temperatures since 1997.

After reviewing the scientific literature the report concludes that the standstill is an empirical fact and a reality that challenges current climate models. During the time that the Earth’s global temperature has remained static the atmospheric composition of carbon dioxide has increased from 370 to 390 ppm.

“The standstill is a reality and is not the result of cherry-picking start and end points. Its commencement can be seen clearly in the data, and it continues to this day,” said Dr David Whitehouse, the author of the new report.

The report shows that the temperature standstill has been a much discussed topic in peer-reviewed scientific literature for years, but that this scientific debate has neither been followed by most of the media, nor acknowledged by climate campaigners, scientific societies and prominent scientists.

The report also surveys how those few journalists who have looked at the issue have been reporting the standstill, with many far too ready to dismiss it or lacking a sense of journalistic inquiry, preferring to report squabbles rather than the science.

”If the standstill continues for a few more years it will mean that no one who has just reached adulthood, or younger, will have witnessed the Earth get warmer during their lifetime,” said the report’s author, Dr David Whitehouse.

In his foreword, Lord Turnbull, former Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Home Civil Service, commented:
“Dr Whitehouse is a man who deserves to be listened to. He has consistently followed an approach of examining observations rather than projections of large scale computer models, which are too often cited as ‘evidence’. He looks dispassionately at the data, trying to establish what message it tells us, rather than using it to confirm a pre-held view.”

Source: http://www.thegwpf.o...tandstill-real/

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

#27    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 7,375 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 14 May 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Considering what we know of the geological record, this has happened before.  It seems that Anarctica might have once been in tropical latitudes.
Antarctica froze over 12 to 15 million years ago, about the same time that the Straights of Panama closed.  There were major changes in ocean circulation as a result of those events.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#28    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 7,375 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostScorpius, on 14 May 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Global Warming? Really? Tell that to many Canadians who are or have been experiencing late spring temperatures.
Is global warming a myth? I'd say so judging by how this year has gone.
You are mistaking climate and weather.  Weather is that thunderstorm you see coming over the horizon.  Climate is the probability that there will be another thunderstorm a hundred years from now.  Weather is the specifics, climate is the average.

You are also forgetting that what is happening in Ottawa does not necessarily reflect what is happening at McMurdo Station.  It's called GLOBAL warming because it is based on a GLOBAL average, not a Canadian average (or a US average, or an Irish average, etc.).
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#29    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

The term is now climate change. Everyone can agree that climate changes, whether it is warmer or cooler.  I agree that something is going on.  It has been going on since the beginning of time on this planet and will be after we are all gone.  I just don't think charging everyone so much for using the climate and a certain elite group getting rich off all of our misery is going to make anything better for anyone but that elite group.

#30    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

i am no weather expert but climate warming is a natural event and not man made like most easily deceived people  think and etc.but to me this is natural weather rising higher temperatures and etc.although it is a possibility that it could affect humanity and animals alike and the places we live at i don't think it will be that bad either.that's just my personal opinion and another thing i question all so called "experts"  as should everybody before you all jump ship fist then find out that you could have been deceived

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users