Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if we are all in a virtual reality?

end doom simulation sin waste

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

What if the December 21st 2012 apocalypse really did occur, but at the last moment, before it happened, all of humanity and everyone else were plugged into a virtual machine, that allowed us to live our lives as normal in a simulated reality; a simulated version of Earth? Ala the Matrix? And in the real Earth, it is now a barren, post-apocalyptic wasteland overrun by mutant versions of ourselves; and our souls were plugged into the simulation as to live life still in this new Earth. Everything feels, smells, tastes, looks, and sounds like Earth, but it is just a simulation? Now, I'm not saying this is true because even I think it's on the verge of being considered crazy, but it is just an interesting thing that I thought about.

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I think I would have known if I had been "plugged" at the last moment.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Silence will fall when the question is asked. On the fields of the Trenzalore with the Fall of the Eleventh.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, but I didn't fill in all the details in my theory. You don't realise you are plugged in, because you can't tell the difference between Real Earth and Simulated Earth.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 5,685 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Yeah, but I didn't fill in all the details in my theory. You don't realise you are plugged in, because you can't tell the difference between Real Earth and Simulated Earth.
I am a very light sleeper, trust me, I would have known, ask my husband.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

Hahaha...But can we stick the jokes aside?

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I don't believe this because I think I would of chose a better reality.

#7    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

you don't have to, it's just a little theory that probably isn't correct. And plus, ironically you don't believe my theory because you didn't read it properly. The simulation theory doesn't mean you choose your reality; you stick with the one you have right now, which is this one; Earth.

#8    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,396 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

If there is no way to distinguish, then there is no way to know.  Distinguish = know.

By the way, I think its probable that we've been in a virtual world ever since the Big Bang, and whatever simulation produced it was in its own simulation, and so on, maybe or maybe not ad infinitum.

#9    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

Yeah I agree. And if we have been in a virtual world since the Big Bang, then is God simply a product of simulation and isn't real?

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,396 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

"Uncounted worlds constantly rise and fall, each the dream of a Brahma who is the dream of a Brahma."

I would like to take Buddhist credit for that but it was a Hindu who said it.

#11    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Even if we are in a simulated version of Earth, I don't care. But if it's true, what happens to us when we die? If we are in a simulation, when we die do we wake up in the real, apocalyptic Earth? Oh no.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 10,396 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would say more than likely you will stretch, unplug yourself, and say, "Well, as lives go, that one was just average."

#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,087 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's also possible I created the simulation, thereby making me your god.

#14    TheTreasureGamer

TheTreasureGamer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

If so, then hello God.

I like creeping myself out by thinking up strange philosophical theories like the simulation one.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,087 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostTheTreasureGamer, on 12 May 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

If so, then hello God.

I like creeping myself out by thinking up strange philosophical theories like the simulation one.
You can show your appreciation by donating money to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users