Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Cure for gray hair

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Just in time for baby boomers entering their twilight years, scientists have found out how to reverse graying hair.

Cure for gray hair on the horizon, scientists show in a new study

How about that no more gray hair.

#2    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Cool! Might look into getting some eventually.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,311 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

Great news.....for the future :blush:   but where is the product?

I want to buy some now, right now, NOW....for the future, you understand.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 May 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

Great news.....for the future :blush:   but where is the product?

I want to buy some now, right now, NOW....for the future, you understand.

Unless your willing to wash your hair with watermelon or carrot juice you'll have to wait for the shops to start selling it.

#5    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

It is great that it also works for vitiligo!!! Our daughter has it.

And I was just beginning to embrace my silver strands.

I told my H he may have a brunette again. He said "too late", he already found another one! lol

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#6    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

The link just set off my av so I didn't read it, but I'm all for curing gray hair. Watermelon juice works? Sounds interesting.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:05 PM

It's global post wonder what happened to set off your av.  Did it happen to anyone else?

View PostGiant Killer B, on 12 May 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

Unless your willing to wash your hair with watermelon or carrot juice you'll have to wait for the shops to start selling it.
I'm willing to do that.

#8    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,505 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

I don't know...ever see an old man with dark hair? It looks unnatural. I think my grey hair looks blond in a way, makes me look like a beach boy.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#9    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Some ad popped in. Worked fine this time when I tried. I'll use watermelon juice. Can't be worse than dye. Carrot juice is alright too.
People don't mind men with gray hair. They wouldn't call a woman with gray hair a beach bunny, for sure.

Edited by susieice, 12 May 2013 - 07:37 PM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,148 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have to agree with that, I think women with gray hair are judged differently, harsher, than men.  Men are even allowed laugh lines and a few wrinkles.

#11    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

This isn't super new, but is cool. Eating foods high in Catalase helps keep the grey at bay. Having a high alkaline diet is supposed to help as well. Making sure you are getting the right amount of copper, magnesium, selenium, and zinc helps too.

#12    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Postsusieice, on 12 May 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

The link just set off my av so I didn't read it, but I'm all for curing gray hair. Watermelon juice works? Sounds interesting.

Glutathione, super-oxide dismutase and catalase are your bodies self made anti-oxidants which mop up free radicals and their by-products (hydrogen peroxide).

Glutathione - This is the most powerful anti-oxident known to man and your body produces it from the amino-acid cysteine. Unfortunately heating cysteine destroys it so modern humans have very low levels. You need to eat raw eggs, raw meat or unpasturised dairy products to get what your body needs. Alternatives are whey protein or replacing your regular milk for baby formula milk (they put whey protein in it). Glutathione is potent and by giving whey protein to mice they lived 60% longer due to its ability to mop up free radicals and hydrogen peroxide.

Super-oxide dismutase (SOD) - You need to make sure you're getting enough zinc, copper and magnesium in your diet because you body makes SOD using them. Intense exercise makes you body upregulate it production.

Catalase - This is made by your body too but also exists in fruit and vegetables. Kiwi fruit, watermelon, carrots, cherries and some others have high levels.

The above not only reverse grey hair they reverse wrinkles too.

Edited by Giant Killer B, 12 May 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 May 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I have to agree with that, I think women with gray hair are judged differently, harsher, than men.  Men are even allowed laugh lines and a few wrinkles.
And ironically the "cure" seems to work better for men, then women, because the Estrogen causes an issue. Life ain't fair, I tell ya.....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,426 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'd look like an old man with UNgray hair    ... laugh lines and   "a few"  wrinkles?  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#15    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postlightly, on 13 May 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

I'd look like an old man with UNgray hair ... laugh lines and   "a few"  wrinkles?  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:

Human death occurs when 5% of a persons cells are old. The reason why they look so wrinkly is those 5% are pumping out hydrogen peroxide which is toxic to other cells. Thats what makes you look old.

Improving the quality of your diet will remove most of the signs of aging.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users