Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

At least a dozen shot at Mother's Day parade

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,307 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 13 May 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

You probably don't live in neighborhoods with gangs.
Discuss the problem and the issue, not other posters :P

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#32    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

They are calling it street violence not terrorism.  Guess that means gang related.

The injured are up to 19 now.

http://www.cbsnews.c...s-day-shooting/

#33    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,176 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 13 May 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

You probably don't live in neighborhoods with gangs. No one from our neighborhood wants to see teens be shot simply because they are in a gang. We want and are seeing better neighborhoods.

Your view is definitely an outsider one where you would not mind seeing teens from our neighborhoods die.

Luckily your prejudice will not be realized. Hunting humans would not improve out city. Dehumanizing others and calling them animals would not help. Putting young fathers in prison or killing them would have other detrimental effects overall.

We like life and want to see all live healthier ones. I've mentored and done graffiti wipeouts. Some from far away just complain. We know which opinions are from the outside and which are from here.

And no longer are all afraid either. Gentrification is well under way making inner-city neighborhoods which were once in decline now thrive. Old houses from the Victorian era are beautifully restored.

There is also something to be said about MCM homes which are sought after by those who appreciate living in town as supposed the cookie cutter suburbs.

Maybe you missed this part :

( and I lived in Cities, with gangs )

And, my son was in Prison from about 16 to 21 yrs of age.....

Yes, I know about gangs, and lived near them. Delivered Pepsi in all of the heavy gang areas......

My view is not an outsider.....I lived it, so, sorry. My opinion on the matter stays the same.

Tags for drug dealers, gang members, and a few more I can think of. Kill them all, let God sort them out.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#34    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,608 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

View PostSakari, on 13 May 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

Maybe you missed this part :

( and I lived in Cities, with gangs )

And, my son was in Prison from about 16 to 21 yrs of age.....

Yes, I know about gangs, and lived near them. Delivered Pepsi in all of the heavy gang areas......

My view is not an outsider.....I lived it, so, sorry. My opinion on the matter stays the same.

Tags for drug dealers, gang members, and a few more I can think of. Kill them all, let God sort them out.

Thank you for your view. Still does not sound like an insider view.

#35    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

Speaking of Pepsi, in an unrelated useless trivia kind of way, during the Bosnian war one side had only Pepsi products, the other only Coke products, Muslim and Serbian sides never sold both, but American companies profited through and through.

Interesting to me.

Have a good evening folks.

#36    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,176 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 13 May 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Thank you for your view. Still does not sound like an insider view.

It is a insider view, and a very bitter persons view. I know it is not popular, and sounds bad to some. I am just tired of all of it.

Was not always this way....Turned 47 today, and I can verify, the older you get, the clearer life gets around you. And, it gets a lot easier to say how I feel, and not worry about what others think.

I think we deserve that as we get older :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#37    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Happy bday dude.

Posted Image

#38    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,176 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Thank You

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#39    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostHilander, on 12 May 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

The gangs are out of control.  I think cops in a lot of cities are afraid of them and with good reason.  I think its sad because you are poor and have to live in a city you have to put up with gangs.  Not a life I would want.

Or on a pay role/in with the gang.

Happens a lot more than you would think.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#40    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

"Immediately after the shooting our officers saw three suspects running from the scene."

=====================================================

Fine, they saw 3 suspects, is this it?? how about give us a description, clothes, colour, hair colour? they would do if the person was a white guy or Hispanic. This kind of reporting should not be acceptable.

Edited by freetoroam, 13 May 2013 - 09:34 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#41    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 May 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

"Immediately after the shooting our officers saw three suspects running from the scene."

=====================================================

Fine, they saw 3 suspects, is this it?? how about give us a description, clothes, colour, hair colour? they would do if the person was a white guy or Hispanic. This kind of reporting should not be acceptable.
If they aren't white you're not likely to get a description.

Posted Image

#42    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostSakari, on 13 May 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

It is a insider view, and a very bitter persons view. I know it is not popular, and sounds bad to some. I am just tired of all of it.

Was not always this way....Turned 47 today, and I can verify, the older you get, the clearer life gets around you. And, it gets a lot easier to say how I feel, and not worry about what others think.

I think we deserve that as we get older :)
I hope you had a lovely day today, Happy Birthday. :tu:

#43    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,797 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostF3SS, on 13 May 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

If they aren't white you're not likely to get a description.
The police are asking for witnesses....good luck to them one that one!
What chance do those areas have when they let the gangs take control? But its past that stage now, the neighbourhood will not give any statements, so the government have to get in there and start taking control. Leave the legal guns owners alone and hit the criminals!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#44    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

What chance do those areas have when they let the gangs take control? But its past that stage now, the neighbourhood will not give any statements, so the government have to get in there and start taking control. Leave the legal guns owners alone and hit the criminals!

Absolutely!

Three suspects were seen running from the scene after the shooting, police said.
One suspect was described as an African-American male approximately 18-to-22-years-old, wearing a white T-shirt and blue jean shorts.
Taken from http://abcnews.go.co...42#.UZDgq0rhfTo

#45    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,608 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

The Amercan public is focused on mass shootings, not gun crime in general.

Every gun in the hands of a criminal was also once legally manufactured and bought by someone before entering the gray and black markets.

Sensible gun control legislation is more about the above two sentences than any get tough on crime circa 1990s campaign.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!, 13 May 2013 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users