Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

x-ray vision

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    mystic_mind

mystic_mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm basically a skeptic to a lot of psychic stuff but there are some things that are hard to explain. My dad says that once, when he was a little kid, he was soooo stressed because he couldn't find his cap and had to go someplace in a hurry that he actually "saw" his cap thru a newspaper on the sofa. He lifted the paper and grabbed his cap and took off and never thought about it til years later. Has anyone ever heard of human x-ray vision before? It only happened under a lot of stress. I tried to rationalize that maybe the paper was pretty thin back then and the sun was shining just right on it which he may have been able to see the cap thru it or at least the outline of something under the paper...but no...he swears to this day that a "hole" appeared in the paper allowing him to see his cap clearly. Unfortunately he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound too lol, but I have no other explanation to explain this.

#2    Sheep Smart

Sheep Smart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• Im so happy I bleed it.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

I try to take the SVP skeptic viewpoint when it comes to these things as I struggle with 'insight' myself, not fully understood either.
Perhaps he invisioned seeing his hat and in his mind , translated to actually seeing it through another object. In realistic terms he then did infact see it but not necessarily via xray vission. I dont dismiss psychic credibility in the matter as I have personal reason to believe it is real and not simply understood to say the least.

Edited by Sheep Smart, 12 May 2013 - 10:52 PM.

Other life in the universe?, you dare to imply there are entities possibly far greater than us almighty humans, creators of canned ham and reality tv. Nonsense. Absurd.

The reality that stupidy exists in abundance doesnt bother me. Its the fact that theres still no cure.

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Wow, that's amazing ! I'm intrigued to hear if there are other occurrences too on UM. I wonder if it's connected to remote viewing?

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostSheep Smart, on 12 May 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

I try to take the SVP skeptic viewpoint when it comes to these things as I struggle with 'insight' myself, not fully understood either.
Perhaps he invisioned seeing his hat and in his mind , translated to actually seeing it through another object. In realistic terms he then did infact see it but not necessarily via xray vission. I dont dismiss psychic credibility in the matter as I have personal reason to believe it is real and not simply understood to say the least.

I thiink it is something like Sheep said. That a memory existed of the hat under the paper and when he rememebered it was there, it was superimposed onto the vision centers of his brain, which he processed as seeing through the paper.

I do believe in miracles and don't discount that maybe he recieved a religious vision to help him, rather then bringing up a previous memory.

Edited by DieChecker, 13 May 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 13 May 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

I thiink it is something like Sheep said. That a memory existed of the hat under the paper and when he rememebered it was there, it was superimposed onto the vision centers of his brain, which he processed as seeing through the paper.

I do believe in miracles and don't discount that maybe he recieved a religious vision to help him, rather then bringing up a previous memory.
"God helped me find that cap. I'll never forget it."

I am sorry, and I do not mean to offend. But that's the first thing that popped into my head.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,786 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

LOL. Maybe if it was a "loose your job/girlfriend/car" kind of situation....

I NEED MY HAT!!! :innocent:

I know there are some days were I NEED my own hat.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    psychicpowersarenice

psychicpowersarenice

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

• *Remembers her cat milking days on her farm in Detroit...*

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

Some people ridiculed me on here when I was younger and claimed to have it. I now I think what I had/have was some sort of slight remote viewing.

I have
~Past Life Memories
~Random Slight Precognition
~Psi
~Aura Sight

#8    shrooma

shrooma

.. Pint Pot Politician.

• 3,506 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

the thing is, eyesight is a one-way system, photons entering the eye, whereas X-ray vision implies some kind of, well, X-rays leaving the eye, which wouldn't make sense, so sheepy's right, your dad was subconsciously remembering where his hat was.
I get the same kinda thing a lot, being a gormless swine who loses stuff regularly, and 'sees' where i've lost it.
your brain remembers all sorts of stuff subconsciously, because if you remembered everything consciously, you'd go mad!!

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bĦt˘h due to your lack of understanding.

#9    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postshrooma, on 02 June 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

the thing is, eyesight is a one-way system, photons entering the eye, whereas X-ray vision implies some kind of, well, X-rays leaving the eye, which wouldn't make sense, so sheepy's right, your dad was subconsciously remembering where his hat was.
I get the same kinda thing a lot, being a gormless swine who loses stuff regularly, and 'sees' where i've lost it.
your brain remembers all sorts of stuff subconsciously, because if you remembered everything consciously, you'd go mad!!
Exactly. I work in X-Ray and know a lot about radiation in general, eyes aren't capable of the environment needed to generate radiation.

A skeptical believer.

#10    mystic_mind

mystic_mind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Maybe not the eyes...but can the brain's electromagnetic field reach out and "illuminate" a nearby object?...Posted Image

Hmmm, maybe not. It sounds more like a remote viewing phenomenom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users