Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If God made us in his image, does God sin?

sin evil sin lie revelation

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#16    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 13 May 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

How can we be sure the abrahamic his us not a devil?!??

How can we be sure the abrahamic god is not a devil?!??
Good point! The Gnostics believed that Yahweh was really the Demiurge and evil, that we cannot perceive the real god.

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#17    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostEtu Malku, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Now . . . you tell me if this 'god' sins?

'God'? No God of mine would do the things you have stated. I would rather burn forever in hell away from such a tyrant, than spend one minute with such a being in 'heaven'.

The old testament God is often simply just the justification used by leaders at the time to commit atrocious acts and get the people to back them up. People who think these passages describe a real God, and not only that, but a  God who later on in the new testament is all about forgiveness and love- such people must be smoking some real good s*** in order to believe that.

#18    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 13 May 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

'God'? No God of mine would do the things you have stated. I would rather burn forever in hell away from such a tyrant, than spend one minute with such a being in 'heaven'.

The old testament God is often simply just the justification used by leaders at the time to commit atrocious acts and get the people to back them up. People who think these passages describe a real God, and not only that, but a  God who later on in the new testament is all about forgiveness and love- such people must be smoking some real good s*** in order to believe that.
A new hat doesn't make a new suit

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.  I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."  (Matthew 5:17-18)

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

Heres how I understand it god made Adam and Eve and they were perfect, Then satan came down into the garden as a snake and Influenced Eve to eat from the fruit and that it would give her great knowledge, Eve ate from it and convinced Adam to also.  God saw  what they had done and then said your children will fall from perfection and through generations man became less perfect, and started to break the laws that god gave them, such as false worship, and murder, and it keeps going on and on.   Of course this is me summarizing it up quickly
Who created the fruit?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

God is all-knowing by default.

Yet we, as humans, are all curious, and without the higher knowledge.

Who knows why.

#21    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,203 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

freetoroam said:

Who created the fruit?

Good question. Why would god tempt Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge?God must have known they would eat of the fruit. What's the point of tempting them with something that tastes so good, and then when they eat the fruit wammo, they're kicked out into the cold? What kind of a god is this? Is not this kind of behavior sinful?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#22    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,527 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Good question. Why would god tempt Adam and Eve with the tree of knowledge?God must have known they would eat of the fruit. What's the point of tempting them with something that tastes so good, and then when they eat the fruit wammo, they're kicked out into the cold? What kind of a god is this? Is not this kind of behavior sinful?

Who do you choose as "God" ?

#23    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,661 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:30 PM

He's the Boss and He's long past redemption,carry on sinning folks.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#24    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

• Mercuræn

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 13 May 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

It's even more bizarre than that . . .

God creates Adam & Eve, then he creates sin, has them sin, then sends his only son down to die for this sin that he created in the first place! That is a Psychopath :unsure:

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#25    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,203 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

pallidin said:

Who do you choose as "God" ?
Maybe that's the point. If I'm a Jew or a Christian, I don't have a choice. I have to accept God's personality and behavior as what it is. If I question or don't like what this god has done, or if I don't agree with some of Gods rules, and I choose to disobey and sin, I guess I'm screwed. I'm condemned by my free will, which I suppose is God-given.

I suppose I can ask Jesus for forgiveness, but I don't understand that either. If God sets the rules that I must obey, and says so, how can I be forgiven for breaking the rules?

If I sin against God, then Jesus forgives my sin, how does this god deal with that?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#26    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,251 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:08 AM

Posted Image

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
http://www.astrology...hp?albumid=1164
http://www.astrology...ead.php?t=81593

#27    KrowMax

KrowMax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 13 May 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

-God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).
-God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. -He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).
-He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).
-In (Judges 21) He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead
-In (2 Kings 10:18-27) God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church!

Now . . . you tell me if this 'god' sins?

That's what i'm saying you can't believe the whole story in the bible..Maybe Some were truth but there is always lies in it...The Book of Bible was written by man not by god...

Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#28    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,384 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

Does anyone see the story of Adam & Eve & the garden as a metaphor or allegory? That's the only way the story makes sense to me. And maybe if we were made in his image, s/he was just as fallible as us at some point, maybe early in his genesis, so holds us with understanding, compassion & forgiveness. I guess I'm trying to say maybe he evolved, just as we do, but on an entirely different scale of time and space.

#29    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,767 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostBeany, on 14 May 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Does anyone see the story of Adam & Eve & the garden as a metaphor or allegory? That's the only way the story makes sense to me. And maybe if we were made in his image, s/he was just as fallible as us at some point, maybe early in his genesis, so holds us with understanding, compassion & forgiveness. I guess I'm trying to say maybe he evolved, just as we do, but on an entirely different scale of time and space.
Indead my friend. The genisus story sounds awfully like other traditions usually oral that have tremendous symbolism. If you pay very close attention, you can see the transition from hunter gathers to agrigarian societies written in the history of judeo/Christian mythology.  To the Christians that know me, this may come as a surprise, but, in this context, the bible has a lot that it describes accurately....it just does it in story form. Cinderella was not some girl with wicked stepsisters... She is every woman in existence that was a late bloomer.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#30    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Actually in my tradition we call god by the name Nsambi.

We acknowledge him as the creator, the original..
But Nsambi has a negative aspect to him...

Lukankase is Nsambi's negative aspect. He did many wrongs and hurt many people in his negative aspect.

So in my personal case, yes even god is not perfect. He has emotion, which tends to cause problems.
As for actually being a "sinner", no.. God did not define sins against him(least for us he didn't), and how could he sin against himself?

Grab anything with your left hand, now savagely snatch it away with your right hand... Did you just steal from yourself?

Edited by xFelix, 14 May 2013 - 12:08 PM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users