Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I think I have a conection with spirt. Help?

Mynameisnotimportant

Werid things have been going on around me. Like once some balloons started rapidly moving through my house and I later found them deflated on my bed. Some people say it was the AC moving them but they had been in the same place all week and hadn't moved once and also how would they have gotten under door frames? Also sometimes at night my dog will start looking all around the ceiling. Another thing is sometimes I feel like the whole world goes out of focus and everything sounds fuzzy but Ill hear Werid noises very clearly but everything will go back to normal after about 15 seconds. Another thing I think might tie into it is something that I went through when I was younger. When I got to about 7 years old I suddenly became terrified to sleep alone in my room at night. I had to sleep in my brothers room and if he feel asleep before me I would freak out because I didn't like to be alone. (Werid things only happen to me when I'm completely alone.) I couldn't spend the night at my friends house because I didn't want to be the last one awake. When my family would ask me why I was scarred I didn't really have an answer. But I knew it wasn't robbers or monsters under the bed. It was something I couldn't explain at the time but I think now looking back on it that I was sense something that I'm still not sure of. It went away when I was about 11 and I could sleep by myself but to this day I don't being the last one to go asleep in my house or sleeping in the complete dark and I have to go to sleep to music or TV. Nothing started happen until they last yearish (I'm 14 now) I've never feel threatened or like someone's going to hurt me but I've told my story to some people who think I have a spirt following me around and is trying to make me aware of it. I'm very confused and just want to know what's going in. Help?

Edited by Mynameisnotimportant

Brad Steiger has a theory on poltergeist activity.

It usually happens to females but can happen to males. It happens mostly during puberty or among newlyweds.

The poltergeist is not something out there but emanating from these persons.

As far as what happened when you were younger and can no longer remember why it traumatized you....well, sigh, that could be abuse.

Poltergeist agents are very often adolescents, but not always. It seems true that some adolescents under the combined stresses of growing up and the hormonal changes occurring during puberty can produce poltergeist activity, but adults under stress can be agents as well - especially, perhaps, if they have unresolved stresses from childhood.

It is unknown how common poltergeist activity is. Certainly, remarkable cases in which household objects are tossed about are relatively rare. But those are the cases that get attention and are documented simply because they are remarkable, especially if the activity persists over many days, weeks or months. There may be many more cases, however, that occur just once or on rare occasions to people. A child furious with his parents storms into his room and a picture flies off the wall. A couple having a heated argument is interrupted by a pot inexplicably falling to the floor. These and a thousand other possible scenarios could be taking place all the time to temporary poltergeist agents, but are dismissed as coincidence or with some other rational explanation. (Indeed, in many instances it might be just coincidence or have another rational explanation; the point is, we don't know.)

How To Survive a Poltergeist

....Do you have any local spiritualist churches around you that hold open circles or anything like that? Might be worth going to a session and seeing whether a medium can pick anything up and give you a little more insight. Not sure where you're from but in England we have a website directory that lists all the churches, catergorised into cities. Maybe there's something like that for your country.

Actually no don't do this. The last thing you need as a young person is to be surrounded by such people and growing up is coping with these things by yourself.

The universe can be very weird place especially when it's working overtime to keep you where you are and keep you thinking that you are what you think you are.

So pay attention to what your mind is doing just immediately before anything strange happens. This is not easy! The mind is designed to paper over the cracks in the reality you perceive. It's not witch craft.It's not black magic but it is the way mind works.

Edited by Serpentine
  • Like 1

*Duplicate Topic*

Mynameisnotimportant - please don't post the same topic in more than one forum as it only causes confusion. Discussions can be continued in your original thread which can be found here -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=247852