Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Broomstick-flying witches facing arrest

swaziland broomsticks witches flying

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#76    bloodworld

bloodworld

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

LOL someone is on drugs and watching too much Harry Potter movies... flying on a broomstick is not real dummy!

#77    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,443 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

View Postbloodworld, on 20 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

LOL someone is on drugs and watching too much Harry Potter movies... flying on a broomstick is not real dummy!
somehow, and gods knows how, but it seems you've failed to enter into the spirit of the conversation.....

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#78    RadicalGnostic

RadicalGnostic

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• We are all children of the same Universe.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostAndromedan Starseed 333, on 15 May 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

i believe in witchcraft and all.but i am trying to get my head around the whole flying broom though!i believe in many things but i just don't know what to say to this though.
This is another misogynistic law which probably relies on the testimony of one male to prove guilt.  Lawmakers don't care if witches fly or not, but it seems a sensible way to them of controlling more autonomous women.

History repeats itself, I'm afraid.

Peace,

RadicalGnostic

Posted Image

#79    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,747 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

RadicalGnostic is right, this is just another way to oppress women. The punishment for flying about on a broom is most likely hanging or stoning.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#80    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,369 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostLilly, on 20 May 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

RadicalGnostic is right, this is just another way to oppress women. The punishment for flying about on a broom is most likely hanging or stoning.
I kinda hate that's it's gonna take a conviction for some men over there to maybe get an inkling of how completely messed up they are to believe such things, the regret, if it comes usually does so posthumously :cry: .

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#81    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

I love the ad that came with this post,

scared to fly
www.flyingwithconfidence.com
British Airway's course will help you overcome your fears

lmao :rofl:

Kitty >'.'<

#82    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

i know witches are real majic is real not magic  voodoo..ect no matter what you might want to call it  theres always going to be a good side of it and a evil saide of it rideing brooms  came out of hollywood not realy shure about the first but if i was betting on it would be sumthing like the wizard of oz or  i love lucy  eather way still hollywood get up for yeah majic  was been dated back long time  before the "holy bible" was even a idea to write about some might call it as like alchemy  or what ever  if i ever see a woman riden in the air  on a freakn broom  be shure i'm going to be looking for that up skirt shot ...lol,,,  my ol lady is in to that wiccian idea has been for years i've read a few of her books and many other thing protainting to that form of thinking  not to my knowage  there wasnt any one riden a broom or a mop  but instresting enough  there are several ideas  about what a old sawgrass broom was realy used for  other then sweeping away the unwanted and or stiring a kettel pot (still looking in to this idea)  *snip*

Edited by libstaK, 23 May 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#83    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,077 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

View Postthird_eye, on 14 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

I wonder if the witches were allowed to wear skirts while flying on brooms ...

seeihng as their a couple hundred years old.  Who would want to check.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#84    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

seeihng as their a couple hundred years old.  Who would want to check.

you've been playing in the wrong neighborhood my good friend ....

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#85    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,077 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

View Postbloodworld, on 20 May 2013 - 12:20 AM, said:

Flying on a broomstick must be real.  They passed a law to regulate it.  Just like utah has whales in the state.  Other ie why would be illegal to shot one in utah.  There is such a law too.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#86    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,369 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

A timely reminder to all members:

5b. Spelling and grammar: Do not point out mistakes or criticise other members on their spelling, grammar or punctuation.

Members come from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds and for many English is their second language, if you are not clear on what someone is trying to say please
ask for clarification, such as:

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly - did you mean (insert your understanding of the message)? or simply, I did not understand what you were saying there can you clarify with an example?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#87    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostSetton, on 22 May 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

That's the way to respond to a moderator...

Popcorn anyone? This ought to be good.

Posted Image

here ya go ...

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#88    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,747 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

I suggest that everyone calm down and eat their popcorn. Being polite/civil to others really isn't all that difficult.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#89    Robert1

Robert1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Postkeithisco, on 15 May 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

I think that most of you are missing the real point in this thread.

Animism and Witchcraft are still very potent forces in some African and Carribean nations. Such nations are doomed to remain in the Stone Age, whilst the rest of the World is accelerating towards a different outcome. Those left behind will become the "Neanderthals" of the Modern World. They will not survive, and neither should they.
I find it difficult to believe that some cultures still believe in these age old superstitions in this day and age.

#90    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,077 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

Witchcraft is one of those words that gain and lose in translation.  What is a "witch" in one culture is only loosely related to what is a "witch" in another.  

Vietnam doesn't really have anything I can think of that might correspond to African or European witches.  We do, however, have neighborhood party chairwomen living in most neighborhoods.

Also tagged with swaziland, broomsticks, witches, flying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users